Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Reverse Sort Order
Files Remain Hidden Even though I selected show Hidden & Protected by LabTechnician
Hello. We have a computer with Windows Vista Business 32bit on a Machine here in our Lab. We are trying to figure out why some of the files in our software are always hidden. We are logged in as administrator, and we have set the folder options so that it always shows hidden files and folders, and to always show protected operating system files. and to always show file extensions. In windows...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 2nd 08 10:08 AM
by Ger Go to last post
11 847
can't access temp folder under user profile by alving
Hi I cannot access TEMP folder under user profile, or even access any file in that folder. It says the folder is corrupt. I tried to run ccleaner, however that didn't fix it. Could someone please suggest how I can get rid of this folder and start a new one Thanks - Av
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 9th 10 04:48 AM
by ashvin Go to last post
10 835
Vista won't let me delete files and folders. by Lars XLN Audio[_2_]
Feels like I've tried everything now. Certain files (like exe files) and folders (if they contain exe files) just can't be deleted. I get "You need permisson to do this". From who? Bill Gates himself? God? I'm the Administrator and only user of the machine. I tried activating and logging in as the "hidden" Administrator, but that didn't help at all. I 've tried with UAC on and off. With...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 8th 08 09:30 PM
by Derell Finefrock Go to last post
25 830
Easy Media Creator 9 Suite by rblacher
I honestly can't remember in which newsgroup I trashed Roxio yesterday, but I'll put the amended info here. Roxio Easy Media Creator 9 Suite will install, and seems to run fine, with RC1 Build 5728. I did so this morning on a system running 64-bit Vista and, although I haven't gotten around to it yet, a 32-bit system is probably less of a challenge. All, er, heck will break loose if you try...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 9th 06 10:30 AM
by Robert Blacher Go to last post
12 825
Dual Boot Sharing Files by grasshopper1947
I have a dual boot system: Windows 7 & Vista I create lots of Word documents using Vista. But I can’t seem to find them when I boot up on Windows 7. How can I access the Word documents from Windows 7 ??
May 1st 10 03:16 PM
by whs[_8_] Go to last post
8 812
Extra Vista Folder Icons ?? by Synapse Syndrome
With XP I have a collection of extra folder icons to organise my stuff. They include coloured icons as well as lot of different graphical ones. e.g. http://www.iconaholic.com/images/downloads/icons/xp-folders/xp-folders-previews.jpg I was wondering if anybody has made scalable Vista folder icons yet? Cheers
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 16th 06 02:23 PM
by Jan Ilacqua [MVP] Go to last post
10 808
Disable zip file support by Jim Fraas
I have a PAID license for winzip,so I usually just install that. "Rick Rogers" wrote in message ... Hi, If you disable the native ability to read .zip files, then you won't be able to open them at all. If you want to display them as oridinary files, you need to unzip (decompress) them.
September 2nd 06 02:49 AM
by Len Norton Go to last post
1 805
Vista & indexing network drives by Valisystem
According to Vista's help system in the final release, Vista does not index the contents of network shares. It also doesn't appear to ask for help from Windows Server 2003 indexing service, when those files are indexed on the server. I have not been able to discover a way to do a fast search through the full content of files in a folder on a server. Is this really true? If so, this is a huge...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 4th 08 12:12 PM
by cherokee[_3_] Go to last post
20 802
Finding vista_5600.16384.060829-2230_x86fre_client-lr1cfre_en_dvd. by EmoXide
Hi guys, I just download the Vista RC1 file twice now and no matter what i try i cant seem to find the file in my folders, ive tried saving it in several different places but still no luck. The download process i took was via the akamaintechnologies download manager. Any help would be great.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 28th 06 10:15 PM
by HughGWoody Go to last post
12 802
Control Panel Home Is Missing by Daibidh
BillyBob, Did you find a solution? If so, can you point those of us in the same situation in the right direction? I am using Beta2 in a dual boot situation. Unfortunately for me, that means every time I boot to Windows XP, I loose all my restore points. At this point, I can't restore to a point BEFORE this situation occured. Thanks,
September 9th 06 05:43 PM
by Daibidh Go to last post
0 801
Vista has Indexing issues by Spirefm
My explorer ALWAYS crashes if I search images or videos. Of course an automatic report goes off to MS, but I've had nothing back. My reliability monitor has lots of pretty colours as a result.
September 4th 06 02:26 AM
by Richard Hay Go to last post
1 796
File Permissions-Yo Jimmy by Jeff
Jimmy, How do i set file permissions? When i go to propertiessecurityedit; and try to change it; I get access denied. Basically I want my admin priveledges back;in FULL; like trusted installer. Any help? Anyone's more than welcome to answer. Jeff
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 20th 06 10:34 AM
by Rick Rogers Go to last post
15 795
Unable to replace file with newer version by Samkent
I have an Access database I have to replace in a folder under program files. I can delete the file. I can copy the new version to the folder. But when I open the file it's the old version. I have tried copy and paste. I have tried delete and then a reboot but the old version comes back after I copy and paste (or drag) the new version into the correct folder. I have tried delete then empty...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 1st 09 02:09 PM
by Samkent[_6_] Go to last post
22 795
Using "Select multiple files or folders" by John[_22_]
I want to select a long string of files (for deletion). Vista Help says: --To select a consecutive group of file or folders, click the first item, hold down the SHIFT key, and then click the last item. --To select a consecutive group of files or folders without using the keyboard, drag the mouse pointer to create a selection around the outside of all the items you want to include.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
October 14th 09 07:46 PM
by Brink Go to last post
26 795
RC1 does not mount one of three disk drives by Jacob Levanon
I have installed RC1 on my desktop. I have two internal and one external disk drives. The installation completed well and everything seems to be working fine. One (huge) problem: vista is not mounting my second drive (even though it recognizes it as being there). It mounts the 0 disk and the external one, but not the second. When I pull up the disk manager it sees the hardware and claims...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 5th 06 07:50 AM
by Harald Andersen Go to last post
12 789
Default hard drive view is not "all items" how can I change this? by mec
Hi, I have three hard drives 1 x IDE drive 60GB holding Vista Install and 2 x 250GB SATA drives. Drive E correctly shows the view as all items when opened drive F shows shows the view associated with music i.e. artist etc. Where is the setting to allow the change back to show "all items" the cusomise feature only seems to be associated with folders and not drives. Any ideas.. Regards.
September 7th 06 08:01 AM
by mec Go to last post
0 785
Personal File Crash cldemuxer.ax ?? by nick3889
Ok I've read that some people have had the same problem but its seem to be different then mine When ever i try to open my personal file (the one that contains my pictures and Videos and stuff) it crashes restarts and i get this: TROUBLESHOOT A PROBLEM WITH CYBERLINK DEMULTIPLEXER CyberLink Demultiplexer has stopped working properly. CyberLink Demultiplexer is a codec. The file name of this...
May 2nd 10 02:14 AM
by nick3889 Go to last post
0 785
Bloat, Hidden Files consuming Disk Space by Jeff V. Pulver
Dear All: I performed a Clean Install of Windows Vista Ultimate, on a new computer. I loaded all of my software in preparation of switching my production system from WXP to Vista. I then noticed something about the disk space. I have 232 GB drive and C Properties indicated I was using 69 GB. Looking at the drive with Windows Explorer (Folder options are set to show all files), I tag all...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 4th 08 06:13 PM
by Malu Menezes [MSFT] Go to last post
11 785
Win7: Cannot delete a file by Jeffrey Kaplan
If there is a Windows 7 newsgroup, I cannot find it. In one of my directories is a file that cannot be deleted. It is zero bytes big, and when I try to delete it, Windows 7 (Home Premium x64) tells me that it cannot because it's not found. The error dialog is titled "Item not found" and the error message is: Could not find this item This is no longer located in {name of directory}. Verify...
March 2nd 10 04:54 PM
by No Name Go to last post
6 783
Trying to copy a folder to external HD by SaminDallas
I have Vista Home Premium 64bit, and I am simply trying to copy a folder from my hard drive to an external drive. When I do this, I get the message : Could not find this item This is no longer located in C:\Users\SaminDallas\Searches\Documents\File.'ppt' (http://www.vistax64.com/#)
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 13th 09 11:36 PM
by SaminDallas Go to last post

From The