Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
how does copy files from a flash drive? by kirkwebsites
I have a desktop w/2000 and write HTML into Notepad to create web pages. I frequently load them into folders and copy (send to) them onto floppy's or zip drive and would like to load them onto a flash drive instead and transfer the flash drive to my laptop w/Vista premium. I bought the book "Vista for dummies" and have read it over and over but I haven't a clue how to copy the files over. Why...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 17th 10 10:05 PM
by BudV[_4_] Go to last post
10 1,184
Vista file association table does not have ".wmv" ! by BudV[_4_]
Running Vista Home Premium SP2. How can I add ".wmv" to the list?
February 17th 10 08:56 PM
by BudV[_4_] Go to last post
0 456
Vista file association table does not have ".wmv" ! by BudV[_4_]
Running Vista Home Premium SP2. How can I add ".wmv" to the list?
February 17th 10 08:56 PM
by BudV[_4_] Go to last post
0 556
Vista 64 Search is not seeing any of my Outlook 2003 contacts. by chunnel
I just installed Vista 64. Search is working fine and pulls up tif's and doc's etc... However, it is no longer finding contacts from Outlook 2003. Is there some setttings that I need to change? I have already had the index start over from scratch and that didn't solve the problem. Will the 64 bit system just not find 32 bit Outlook files?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 14th 10 05:22 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
13 1,276
how to update the top folder Date Modified by Adam Johnson
How can I look at the top level folder date modified, I can tell any item inside all the sub-folder was updated or created? So the top level folder 'date modified' is the latest date. Current, in Windows, even the inside sub-folder is updated, the top level folder date is not changed. How do I make the top folder's Date Modified reflect the latest modified dates of any items inside the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 12th 10 01:22 AM
by No Name Go to last post
10 1,057
Indizierung by thomas12
Hallo Meine Suchfunktion in Outlook funktioniert nicht mehr. Meldung: Indizierung nicht abgeschlossen etc.. Ich habe darauf wie verschiedentlich geraten eine komplete Neuindizierung von C geplant. Beim Neustart des Compi lief die Indizierung und bricht aber regelmässig bei 70% ab, die letzte Meldung kommt 70% abgeschlossen, 22071069 von 33569782 freien Clusters verarbeitet (neue Linie)t) weiss...
February 9th 10 04:19 PM
by thomas12 Go to last post
0 435
Indizierung by thomas12
Hallo Meine Suchfunktion in Outlook funktioniert nicht mehr. Meldung: Indizierung nicht abgeschlossen etc.. Ich habe darauf wie verschiedentlich geraten eine komplete Neuindizierung von C geplant. Beim Neustart des Compi lief die Indizierung und bricht aber regelmässig bei 70% ab, die letzte Meldung kommt 70% abgeschlossen, 22071069 von 33569782 freien Clusters verarbeitet (neue Linie)t) weiss...
February 9th 10 04:19 PM
by thomas12 Go to last post
0 518
Folder/File permissions by Christine Williams
Hi, I'm trying to organize my photo files and moving various folders between folders. I am the only person using this laptop, I have Vista, I have permissions for all users wide open. I create a directory/folder and then I try to move another folder into it and get the following error:
February 7th 10 05:32 PM
by Christine Williams Go to last post
0 462
Can I disable "Grouping" in Vista's Windows explorer?? by Bryan
I would like to completely disable the "Group By" and file grouping in Windows Explorer in Vista. I detest this ill-conceived "feature" . I' ve seen articles on how to "reset" the views so they stick and they're only temporary solutions as Vista eventually start grouping again.. I'm **S I C K** of this so-called feature and it does nothing but hamper my work efficiency and lower my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 6th 10 06:09 PM
by James Connell Go to last post
30 2,076
how does copy files from a flash drive? by kirkwebsites
I have a desktop w/2000 and write HTML into Notepad to create web pages. I frequently load them into folders and copy (send to) them onto floppy's or zip drive and would like to load them onto a flash drive instead and transfer the flash drive to my laptop w/Vista premium. I bought the book "Vista for dummies" and have read it over and over but I haven't a clue how to copy the files over. Why...
February 5th 10 12:37 AM
by kirkwebsites Go to last post
0 432
Offline Files, Windows 7 by Steve Fonda
I couldn't find a group for Windows 7, so I'm going to post here and see what happens. A lot of our traveling users take advantage of Offline Files and Sync Center found in Windows Vista / 7. Ever since I started rolling out 7 on laptops, I have come across an issue with Offline Files. Example: All users have a network share that is mapped as their H: drive. Upon setup, I always redirect a...
February 4th 10 08:05 PM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
4 669
Location is not available - Access is denied by tinku558
Hiiii Can u tell me how to deny the acess to my internet connection so that other cannot use it -- tinku558 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ tinku558's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/178028.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-file-management/1294979.htm
February 4th 10 08:03 PM
by tinku558 Go to last post
0 494
Offline Files, Windows 7 by Steve Fonda
I couldn't find a group for Windows 7, so I'm going to post here and see what happens. A lot of our traveling users take advantage of Offline Files and Sync Center found in Windows Vista / 7. Ever since I started rolling out 7 on laptops, I have come across an issue with Offline Files. Example: All users have a network share that is mapped as their H: drive. Upon setup, I always redirect a...
February 4th 10 07:10 PM
by Steve Fonda Go to last post
0 465
WantChange Location of CompletePC Backup by Key Bored[_2_]
Hi All, I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit with Service Pack 2. I want to do a CompletePc Backup (image of C drive) and save it on my external hard drive. Previously, I have saved several image backups to my second internal hard drive, but don't have enough space to do another backup. But when Vista searches for a location for the backup, it only allows me to use the second internal hard...
February 3rd 10 07:15 PM
by Key Bored[_2_] Go to last post
0 418
The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded by fymjmheh
FONT size=6I only have one profile then i made another profile and when I turned on the Computer with Windows Vista, it said "The User Profile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded" I tried booting it using "Safe Mode with Command Prompt" and typed in "REGEDIT" TO FIND THE ACCOUNT ... but i didn't found it...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 3rd 10 03:16 PM
by l33harp3r Go to last post
41 2,678
how to update the top folder Date Modified by Adam Johnson
How can I look at the top level folder date modified, I can tell any item inside all the sub-folder was updated or created? So the top level folder 'date modified' is the latest date. Current, in Windows, even the inside sub-folder is updated, the top level folder date is not changed. How do I make the top folder's Date Modified reflect the latest modified dates of any items inside the...
February 3rd 10 01:06 AM
by Adam Johnson Go to last post
0 418
Sorting, Grouping and Stacking by Fruit2O
I want to Sort or Group a folder containing *.AVI files by the date the movie clips were taken. I've tried to sort/group by all the date options - and either they don't work or no information shows up in the column. I've Googled and it seems that other people are having the same problem. I wonder if anyone reading this has a solution. PS: I don't know what Stacking is - I haven't gotten that...
February 2nd 10 02:29 PM
by Michael Walraven[_3_] Go to last post
2 547
Sorting, Grouping and Stacking by Fruit2O
I want to Sort or Group a folder containing *.AVI files by the date the movie clips were taken. I've tried to sort/group by all the date options - and either they don't work or no information shows up in the column. I've Googled and it seems that other people are having the same problem. I wonder if anyone reading this has a solution. PS: I don't know what Stacking is - I haven't gotten that...
February 2nd 10 02:14 PM
by Fruit2O Go to last post
0 462
Sorting, Grouping and Stacking by Fruit2O
I want to Sort or Group a folder containing *.AVI files by the date the movie clips were taken. I've tried to sort/group by all the date options - and either they don't work or no information shows up in the column. I've Googled and it seems that other people are having the same problem. I wonder if anyone reading this has a solution. PS: I don't know what Stacking is - I haven't gotten that...
February 2nd 10 02:47 AM
by Fruit2O Go to last post
0 419
Explorer hangs when entering some directories by Neo
Hello, everybody! For a few days, I've had the same, reproducable problem. Whenever I enter certain directories (own pictures,...), Windows Explorer Hangs. After a few seconds, this is recognised by the system and explorer restarted. Is there any way to overcome this? I can open the pictures in the Windows Picture Gallery without problems. My System: Intel-MB, Core 2 Quad 2,4GHz, 2GB...
January 31st 10 11:52 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post

From The