Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
About the free space of Systematic plate by Bright Joe
My Systematic plate usually warmed me of the Insufficient of space,that means I need to reduce weight for C plate frequently, Anybody have some good suggestions?
April 16th 08 10:46 AM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 221
Absurdly long file copy across network in Vista... by Trey Van Riper
Perhaps someone might suggest a solution to this problem. I have turned off Remote Differential Compression. So no need to suggest that. It won't help me. I am simply attempting to copy a file from my PC to a co-location in a different subnet using SMB (e.g. "\\remote-pc\share\folder"). I can bring up a virtual PC running XP on this Vista machine, and the file will copy within a minute.
February 8th 08 06:51 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 320
accès refusé à chaque nouvelle installation ! by sangha
Bonjour, j'ai un problème depuis quelques temps: A chaque fois que j'installe un nouveau programme lorsque je désire y accéder en cliquant sur l'icône il fait comme ci l logiciel n'était pas installé et si je vais dans le répertoire d'installation l'accès m'est refusé (ex: Itunes, O&O defrag, Quicktime ). Lorsque je modifie les droits je peux enfin y accéder mais je ne peux pas le lancer, j'ai...
September 27th 09 11:14 AM
by No Name Go to last post
1 249
Access by denniS
Why when I try to change anything in a folder do I get a access denied. How do I turn this off. Dennis
February 15th 07 06:43 PM
by Ranger Go to last post
3 267
Access All Users & Default Users Start menu by Henry Craven {SBS-MVP}
I need to access and edit the Default User and All Users Start Menu in Explorer. How do I access that ? ----- Henry Craven
July 21st 07 06:03 AM
by Henry Craven {SBS-MVP} Go to last post
3 182
Access Denied in Profile Folders? by GeekUnit
In XP, I often checked the contents of profile folders (application data, local settings, temporary internet, etc.) for the existence of spyware and things I could delete. But when I turn on the option to view hidden files in Vista, I've found I get "Access Denied" whenever I try to open any of the folders in the C:\users\MyUserName directory. Is there anyway to browse these without...
December 14th 06 02:21 PM
by Jeff Go to last post
5 370
Access denied to Documents and Settings, but I am an administrator by Mick B
I have hidden files and show System files ticked / unticked in folder options. I can see all files. When I go into c:\documents and settings I get access denied. This is a shortcut /junction. I am in the administrator group. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks. Mick
October 29th 07 06:15 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
8 282
Access denied to Documents and Settings, but I am an administrator!? by Mick_B
::I have Show hidden files and show System files ticked / unticked in folder options. I can see all files. When I go into c:\documents and settings I get access denied. This is a shortcut. I am in the administrator group. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks. Mick :: -- Mick_B
May 13th 07 11:30 AM
by Mick_B Go to last post
0 189
Access denied to files and folders by Joachim
I'm a software developer and after a debug crash I cannot access a folder which my program was using. It simply says "Access denied". I have tried to restart Vista (Ultimate), but it doesn't work. I have tried from the dos prompt using rd and rmdir /S and it doesn't work. I am the owner and administrator of the folders which I'm trying to access. I have tried to change the How can I remove...
May 10th 07 10:20 AM
by Mike Go to last post
4 167
Access Denied to links to pics/vids/music by user8472
Every time that i try to access either the picture, video or music folders via the links in the Documents folder i get an access denied error. Im logged in with the administrator(and only account) and ive checked the file permissions and everything that i can think of says that i shoudl have access. If i try to access the folders directly i.e. going to drive/user/pictures it allows me to.
June 23rd 07 04:27 AM
by Rock Go to last post
1 192
Access denied trying to copy file across home network by Joe Ventre
I am trying to copy a file from an XP system to a Vista system and I'm getting an error telling me I do not have permission to do it and access is denied to the destination system. Here is the setup: I have a home network. On the Vista system I use START RUN and type in the name of the XP system (ex: system1). Using Windows explorer on the Vista system I drag the file from the source...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 1st 08 08:10 PM
by captdantman Go to last post
11 909
Access Folder Denied by suhjonathan
I have a HP Pavilion dv4 Entertainment PC with processors as AMD Turion™ X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 2.10 GHZ. OS is Windows Vista™ Home Premium Service Pack 2. Antivirus is AVG 8.5 Free Edition and Windows Defender. I downloaded Free Video Joiner and then didn’t like it so I uninstalled it. After I uninstalled it, a window came up saying something like “Windows did not delete all the files. You...
October 21st 09 02:48 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
7 313
Access is denied by Mark
Hi I have had a problem with the motherboard with my laptop. I was running Vista Home Premium. I have removed the hard drive and plugged it into an external drive. I am now unable to access specifically my data on the drive (It is plugged into an system running XP), although the system files are all clearly there judging from how much of the drive is used. When I click on the folder 'mark'...
February 15th 08 06:35 PM
by Malke[_2_] Go to last post
1 245
Access to \Documents & Settings\User\My Documents by Tim Gowen
A Vista Business user cannot get access to his My Documents folder on the C: drive. Normally I encourage people to use the H: drive but in this case I need to allow that user access to C:. Is this a Vista security feature for domain member systems? Can I get around it by giving the user access to his user directory in Documents & Settings? I tried to do this but changed rights in C:\Users...
March 31st 08 02:44 PM
by Kerry Brown Go to last post
8 249
accessing a hard drive from another computer... by CMKUbLU304
I have a laptop with windows XP on it and windows failed to load on me one day...so now I have a new laptop because we couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. There was no indication that the hard drive was damaged, so I was told I could access the hard drive on my old laptop by using a 2 way USB cord and plug it into another, working computer. It would then act just like an external...
December 31st 06 05:24 AM
by CMKUbLU304 Go to last post
3 264
Accessing file from disc by Girlystevedave
I recently saved word documents to disc. It saved properly. Now I cannot access the file from the disc because the original file/shortcut was deleted from my computer. Can someone please help me so that I don't lose all my documents.
February 1st 08 11:13 AM
by Malke Go to last post
4 326
Accessing files from a CD-R by Robyn S
I've just tried to access some photos on a CD-R that I have previously viewed on an old pc. When I insert the disk into the DVD drive, the correct file shows up, but shows nothing in it. Just looking for some advice on how I can access these pictures please! (I use Vista - can't remember which version!)
July 16th 08 11:23 PM
by oscar Go to last post
1 234
Accessing info on disk by Girlystevedave
I recently copied word documents to disc. It copied correctly. Now I cannot access the info on the disc because the original file/shortcut was deleted from my computer. Can anyone help me with this so I don't lose all my documents.
January 31st 08 07:03 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
1 178
Accessing Vista log file "Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler/Operatio by Soumitra Banerjee
Hi, I am trying to access the log file at "Microsoft-Windows-TaskScheduler/Operational" in vista using the following code snippet: EventLog el = new EventLog(); if
February 17th 07 01:42 AM
by Soumitra Banerjee Go to last post
0 143
Accidental Deletion by Diomedes
This morning I accidentally deleted my "Pictures" sub-folder. It didn't show up in the recycle bin and now I cannot find it. It is quite important, is there anyway to retrieve these files? Thanks!
June 20th 07 06:46 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The