Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
can't delete folder by sanderl[_2_]
I can't delete a folder I self created. when I try to delete it, it sais: unable to find folder, maybe it is moved or deleted but in the folder I still can store files, so it can't be it's deleted. any ideas how to delete this folder?
June 8th 08 08:50 PM
by leontet[_2_] Go to last post
3 208
File's metadata in Windows Vista/Photoshop CS2 by Simona[_2_]
I've just got a great new laptop...The only problem is that it works with Windows Vista. I've never had any problems when using XP and I kind of know how to use photoshop. My DSLR camera's software doesn't work with vista(It's a known fact)so I decided to use windows own window to download my pics into my laptop. That's what happens if I work in CS2 and try to save a JPEG that was shoot in Adobe...
June 8th 08 06:54 PM
by Simona[_2_] Go to last post
2 203
Program Unable to Add to Windows Firewall's Exception List by Wyman[_5_]
Hi, I have mounted a disk to an empty NTFS folder - "C:\Program Files\Custom", I then install various applications to that mount point. However, I found that I am not able to add application (*.exe) that installed in mount point to Windows Firewall's exceptions list. It show "Windows Firewall cannot add application name" to the list of exceptions". For testing reason, I copy the exe file...
June 8th 08 04:33 PM
by Wyman[_5_] Go to last post
0 226
What system files need to be backed up by teddyoggin[_2_]
I used to have the following list of files that should be backed up in XP: c:\Windows\AllUsers c:\Windows\ApplicationData c:\Windows\Desktop c:\Windows\Favorites c:\Windows\SendTo c:\Windows\StartMenu Anyone care to suggest an alternative list for backing up in Vista please?
June 8th 08 12:16 PM
by Howard Kaikow Go to last post
3 193
How to view the size of a folder by sanderl[_2_]
how can I view the size of folders, without having to r-mouse -- proparties -- ... is it plausible to see this in the 'details-classification' in windows explorer?
June 8th 08 10:24 AM
by Gerry[_6_] Go to last post
6 228
Index suggestions: by sanderl[_2_]
some index suggestions: -when a new file-extension has been found, let indexing automatically ask if you want to index this filetype and how (which filter), without having to reset the whole index ___________________________ -when in the indexing-options a change has been made by the file-extensions, let only the changed extension being re-indexed. Because now the whole index restarts, which...
June 8th 08 10:00 AM
by sanderl[_2_] Go to last post
2 246
How to access data from old XP HDD from Vista? by galapogos
Hi, I have a new HDD with Vista Ultimate x64 installed, and I plugged in my old HDD with XP Pro in it. I was hoping to copy some stuff over from the old HDD, including some in my user profile folders in "Documents and Settings". However, I keep getting access denied messages. I've tried modifying the security settings but I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. How can I gain full access to all...
June 7th 08 07:08 PM
by Respawns Go to last post
3 195
Can't Save Off-Line Files by jmaccatherine
I have a number of files stored on a Home Server; I have configued these files to be available off-line on my Vista SP2 notebook. When I work in off-line mode from my Vista SP2 machine and try to save changes to an Excel 2007 spreadsheet, I get an error that simply says "Not Saved." The only way I can save the changes is to save the file with a different name. In Word 2007, when I try to...
June 7th 08 03:13 PM
by jmaccatherine Go to last post
2 204
File Paths Too Long by kelco333
So I was having trouble moving some files around and I ended up with this: C:\Users\dg\kk\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Desktop\K\Misc I can't get rid of any of that because it says I can't delete the desktop.
June 6th 08 07:44 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
1 182
Filemaker by redline
Hi all Our Bowls club runs XP Pro and they use Wordpad, They have a program called Filemaker which seems to take over all text dos. My question is when double clicking on a Filemaker file it opens with unreadable gobbly gook, how can I change all these files to be able to read them? they will not open in Word, I have tried to right click and open with but no luck Thanks Redline
June 6th 08 07:14 AM
by redline Go to last post
0 212
Does Vista have native support for UDF (base don ISO/IEC 133460)? by Howard Kaikow
I purchased an HP notebook on 31 May 2008. OS is Vista Premium. Today, I tried using DVD drive for first time. Drive will not record CD-RW, but is supposed to be able to read them. Created a CD-R and a CD-RW on another system. No problem reading the CD-R in the DVD drive. Using DVD-R media, was able to write on the DVD via Windows.
June 5th 08 11:13 PM
by Howard Kaikow Go to last post
0 145
accidently replaced file by kminnera
I inadvertantly clicked on 'yes' to a prompt to replace a file with one I was working on. Is there any way to retrieve the original document?
June 5th 08 08:47 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 158
Sorting in Vista by Mouse
1234 12345 123456 ---- HOW CAN I CHANGE VISTA TO SORT LIKE THIS 1236 12365 123656 1234 1236 12345
June 5th 08 07:48 PM
by Ray[_6_] Go to last post
3 157
BUG in indexing by sanderl[_2_]
I probaly found a bug in the search-index: when the number of indexed files is zero and you paused the indexing, then don't try to open the advanced settings. Then the indexfunction won't react anymore (untill you restart your pc)
June 5th 08 02:48 PM
by sanderl[_2_] Go to last post
0 178
Any way to turn off "Calculating time remaining" by Nick Payne
When performing a copy or delete. I just find it annoying. I'd much rather it just does the copy or delete and not waste my time tyring to figure out how long the job will take. I gave up believing "Microsoft time" a long time ago... Nick
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 5th 08 10:41 AM
by kbou Go to last post
10 675
Renaming, deleting, moving and search problems by Rafi
So basically, whenever I try and delete or move a file (I'm assuming the deleting problem is rooted in the moving problem, since deletion is just moving to the recylcing bin), that progress bar either fills up the entire way and doesn't go, or it just keeps calculating how long it will take or w/e, and that light green bar that hyperactively keeps moving, well, keeps moving and never ends. I...
June 5th 08 05:41 AM
by Rafi Go to last post
0 168
my fonts by ron
i had the computer set to the correct fonts,but i went to myspace and screenprinted the document.and it did not look right so i changed the way it shows up on the screen.then i turned the computer off did i rest the printing to the way it was before i tampered with it?thanks ron -- ron lanzilotta
June 5th 08 04:44 AM
by ron Go to last post
0 154
Unreported Disk Space Utilization by pbrown12303
I have a strange problem trying to account for the space usage on my disk. The disk capacity is 186 GB, and there is about 12.5 GB of available space. However, when I look at file sizes using ShowSize, TreeSize, or just manually looking at folder sizes in the explorer, I can only account for 99 GB of space. I have backup/restore turned off. Where's the rest of the disk space? -- pbrown12303
June 5th 08 02:43 AM
by R. C. White Go to last post
4 194
Force state change for offline status? by Brian MXP
Howdy- Is there a way to force-sync a laptop to update its filesystem 'offline status'? Ex: a laptop that has a sync relationship setup with a network share 1. undocks 2. does some work/modifications 3. re-docks However, the offline folders cannot be forced to update themselves... Right-clicking the Sync Center icon & choosing 'Sync All' does nothing. When you right-click the context
June 4th 08 10:48 PM
by Brian MXP Go to last post
0 126
Creating Folder Button by Miran Stubican
well, ive been using windows vista for a few months now on my laptop, and one thing that has really been bugging me is the obstacle course you have to go through with the little touch pad to make a new folder in any folder. it would be great if there was a button next to the "Organize" and "Views" and "Print" buttons etc just for making new folders. it would definately make life easier since...
June 4th 08 08:48 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post

From The