Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Gold Gallery in Incredimail by Rosie
I use incredimail and finally got it to work with Vista.Only thing I am having problems with is Gold gallery.Every time I click to get a graphic it takes me to the buy page.They keep sending me instructions on things so they can check it.but it is for windows 2000 to xp.No reference to Vista although i keep telling them what I have.Is anyone else using Incredimail and can tell me where...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 31st 10 10:52 AM
by Peter Foldes Go to last post
11 963
New "Documents" folder keeps appearing in Desktop by maryse
I was moving a few things and I must have screwed up one of my folders. The "Documents" folder is now missing the "location tab" and although it says it is found under c:\users\xx where it should be, every half an hour or so the system writes a duplicate "Documents" folder to my desktop with the location c:\temp. So I get TWO "Documents" folder, one under the other without any difference...
January 27th 10 09:14 PM
by richc46 Go to last post
2 529
Reset default location for Documents folder - Vista by Mike
I cannot connect to the PC where I had my Documents folder - so I need to reset the documents folder back to its original location on my PC - but becuase I can no longer access the current location for the Documents folder I can't access that folder in order to change its location - can anyone help? i.e. how can I restore the default location for the Documents folder when I can no longer...
January 25th 10 09:54 PM
by putneyboy Go to last post
7 874
Help change .zip default action from Explore to Open by genesis0x0
When I double click a .zip file in Vista, the default action is to Explore the file in the same window. Is there a way to change the default Explore action to Open so that when I double click a .zip file, it opens it in a new window? Thanks --
January 20th 10 05:31 AM
by Brink Go to last post
2 604
Help change .zip default action from Explore to Open by genesis0x0
When I double click a .zip file in Vista, the default action is to Explore the file in the same window. Is there a way to change the default Explore action to Open so that when I double click a .zip file, it opens it in a new window? Thanks --
January 19th 10 10:34 PM
by genesis0x0 Go to last post
0 405
Problem with EPS files in Windows Vista by arthur313
I have been using Windows Vista Home Premium for 5 days now. I have noticed that when I have a folder with an EPS (Adobe Illustrator) file in it then when I open that folder Windows Explorer will often crash. Even if the folder with the EPS file is on an external harddrive then the window will crash. Sometimes I manage to open the folder, but when I try to delete the EPS file it will say...
January 19th 10 09:25 AM
by mia b Go to last post
5 621
Lost the Download Dialog box by Richard B
You know that dialog box that pops up when you start a download asking if you want to "RUN" or "SAVE" the file? Well there is a little check box on that dialog to ask if you want this question each time. That box got UNCHECKED by accident And I can't find the control to restore it.
January 19th 10 07:56 AM
by Hank Arnold Go to last post
8 660
New "Documents" folder keeps appearing in Desktop by maryse
I was moving a few things and I must have screwed up one of my folders. The "Documents" folder is now missing the "location tab" and although it says it is found under c:\users\xx where it should be, every half an hour or so the system writes a duplicate "Documents" folder to my desktop with the location c:\temp. So I get TWO "Documents" folder, one under the other without any difference...
January 18th 10 11:51 PM
by maryse Go to last post
0 398
Windows Backup error by Markus Moeller
I try to backup my Vista system to a remote file share. This worked fine for a year and now I get an error Event ID 4104"Event Source: Windows Backup and An error occurred. The following information might help you resolve the error: The specified network name is no longer available. (0x80070040)
January 18th 10 11:13 PM
by Markus Moeller Go to last post
0 488
Windows Backup error by Markus Moeller
I try to backup my Vista system to a remote file share. This worked fine for a year and now I get an error Event ID 4104"Event Source: Windows Backup and An error occurred. The following information might help you resolve the error: The specified network name is no longer available. (0x80070040)
January 18th 10 11:13 PM
by Markus Moeller Go to last post
0 381
return the file search feature that was so easy to use in XP Pro by stumped-in-excel
I'm trying to learn Vista after many successful years using XP - and the thought process behind this software just doesn't make sense. If BMW came out with a new car like MS designs new software - the steering wheel would be in the back seat and the gas pedal would be in the trunk. So many easy and intuitive features worked so well that you have made so obtuse and counter intuitive. ...
January 15th 10 10:18 AM
by Donald Lessau Go to last post
2 552
Folder icons change when moved to another computer by MW[_3_]
I've changed the folder icon of several folders. When I move them onto a data CD they remain as I changed them. But when I open the CD on another computer they revert to the old yellow default folder. How do I get them to keep the changes? On another forum I was told to place that icon file into that particular folder (no problem) and to create a "desktop.ini file" and make it a system file...
January 12th 10 04:29 PM
by MW[_3_] Go to last post
0 387
Lost the Download Dialog box by Richard B
You know that dialog box that pops up when you start a download asking if you want to "RUN" or "SAVE" the file? Well there is a little check box on that dialog to ask if you want this question each time. That box got UNCHECKED by accident And I can't find the control to restore it.
January 11th 10 10:48 AM
by Richard B Go to last post
0 420
Can' Erase DVD by JamesJ[_4_]
Vista Basic 32bit sp2. I have a DVD/CD rewritable. I've created a slide show using different jpegs on 2 DVDs. The only difference is one dvd is a Sony the other is a Memorex. Both slideshows were created with the same software. But, on the Sony I'm unable to erase or format the disk. Vista tells me the Sony is Write Protected. In fact the right click option to 'Erase Disc' is missing. The other...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 10th 10 07:56 PM
by JamesJ[_4_] Go to last post
12 863
Can' Erase DVD by JamesJ[_4_]
Vista Basic 32bit sp2. I have a DVD/CD rewritable. I've created a slide show using different jpegs on 2 DVDs. The only difference is one dvd is a Sony the other is a Memorex. Both slideshows were created with the same software. But, on the Sony I'm unable to erase or format the disk. Vista tells me the Sony is Write Protected. In fact the right click option to 'Erase Disc' is missing. The other...
January 10th 10 10:59 AM
by JamesJ[_4_] Go to last post
0 431
File System - XP,Vista - File Redirector - Download by abc[_4_]
Hi, I read a year or so ago or perhaps longer,that there was a microsoft update that could make some of the programs made for XP work on Vista.It was supposed to redirect access to a restricted folder in the windows file system to another one that would allow the software to work. Could any tell me where to find that? or What number update was it? Thanks in Advance
January 8th 10 06:06 AM
by abc[_4_] Go to last post
0 423
return the file search feature that was so easy to use in XP Pro by stumped-in-excel
I'm trying to learn Vista after many successful years using XP - and the thought process behind this software just doesn't make sense. If BMW came out with a new car like MS designs new software - the steering wheel would be in the back seat and the gas pedal would be in the trunk. So many easy and intuitive features worked so well that you have made so obtuse and counter intuitive. ...
January 8th 10 01:34 AM
by stumped-in-excel Go to last post
0 430
finding files modified between dates by stumped-in-excel
I'm a XP Pro user that just converted to Vista. I'm having trouble finding all files on C:\ that were modified between certain dates. XP had a very easy search function but Vista is a bit more obtuse. Can someone please tell me how to find files created or modified between specific dates or before or after specific dates? I'm at my wits end -
January 8th 10 01:23 AM
by stumped-in-excel Go to last post
0 407
Windows Explorer Columns by AATech
Hi, The 'Date Modified' column doesn't appear on any of my folders. I add it, and when i browse away from that folder and return to it, it's disappeared again. How do i get every folder to show that column by default? Thanks, Albert
January 6th 10 05:39 PM
by Bill Yanaire, ESQ[_5_] Go to last post
4 562
Windows Explorer Columns by AATech
Hi, The 'Date Modified' column doesn't appear on any of my folders. I add it, and when i browse away from that folder and return to it, it's disappeared again. How do i get every folder to show that column by default? Thanks, Albert
January 6th 10 04:17 AM
by AATech Go to last post

From The