Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
  Rating Thread Reverse Sort Order / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views
Accidentally changed user folder to drive. Help? by Crowzah
Hello everybody! (names for things might be different in English. Sorry if I confuse) I just got Vista Ultimate x64 on my system, and I've been changing the placement of the user folders to my secondary drive, because I want to keep the main drive as a system and application drive, and not a media/document drive. This worked nicely (I even followed a tutorial here to change the icons!) until i...
November 23rd 08 11:29 PM
by Brink Go to last post
3 339
accidently deleted saved filed by jxc
please help I have XP was typing a paper in wordperfect that was saved in wordpad I saved wordperfect & then deleted the page in pad and now I have no paper it there a way to retreive the saved paper
November 30th 07 04:03 AM
by Dave T.[_2_] Go to last post
2 183
Accidently Lost word file by JOHNEP
I was stupid enough to open a word document and delete the original content and then I wrote something else instead and accidently hit the save button. The document was of course saved with the old file's title. Now I have lost the copy of the old file and I wonder if anybody could explain me how I can retrieve the old version of the file? -- Kicking
December 29th 07 06:53 PM
by Ken Blake, MVP Go to last post
3 181
accidently replace file with older version by S
I accidentally replaced a file with an older version. They were copied in two different locations so when I was moving files, it asked me to delete one file. I deleted the wrong one...any way to salvage it? Thanks! S
June 23rd 08 06:58 PM
by S Go to last post
2 209
accidently replaced file by kminnera
I inadvertantly clicked on 'yes' to a prompt to replace a file with one I was working on. Is there any way to retrieve the original document?
June 5th 08 08:47 PM
by R. C. White Go to last post
2 157
ACREDITE FUNCIONA!!!!! by [email protected]
Ganhar dinheiro rápido e honesto meu blog http://jet72.zip.net/ : QUER GANHAR UM BOM DINHEIRO? FAÇA COMO NÓS ! : COMO TRANSFORMAR 12 REAIS EM NO MINIMO DOZE MIL REAIS !! : EU TAMBEM NÃO ACREDITAVA!! VOCÊ É CAPAZ, APENAS FAÇA FUNCIONAR.!
July 27th 08 04:31 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 189
Acronis and Vista by George W. Barrowcliff
My 100Gb laptop drive is getting crowded and I am going to upgrade to a 250. Previously with my desktop, I used Acronis to do a full backup to a USB drive, made a bootable CD rom with USB drivers, replaced the existing drive with the 250, and booted up from the CD. At that point I was able to do a full restore from the USB connected drive and have had zero problems. I would like to follow...
August 29th 08 04:07 PM
by GTS Go to last post
4 315
Acronis True Image and Vista (Home Premium) by Lonestar
Has anyone had success saving and restoring a Vista Home Premium drive image (C:) onto an external hard drive with Acronis, ver 11? If so, which external hard drive did you use? Thanks. EW
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 24th 08 06:35 AM
by Gordon[_5_] Go to last post
21 744
Acronis True Image Home - v10 by Keith
Hi, For those of you using Acronis True Image Home in Vista, I'm wondering if any of you have had any corrupt .tid files or any other corruption issues when using this product with a RAID 1 (Intel Matrix) setup in Vista . Thanks, -- Keith
March 13th 07 04:00 PM
by Keith Go to last post
0 163
actskin4.ocx missing or not registered by bilvihur
Trying to run MiniMinder and get above error. Another forum had me download the file, and copy it into System32 folder, but didn't work. Can someone help? Thanks.
January 7th 08 12:09 PM
by bilvihur Go to last post
0 185
Actual Folder Name not Displayed in Taskbar by Movie Monger
For some reason, my Vista Taskbar buttons for Windows Explorer windows are displaying the *full address* of open folders. Thus, all I see is "C:\Users\My Name\Docume..." No more than that. Every button looks like this, so I keep clicking around every window before I get to the right one! How do I change it to display only the folder name?
May 10th 08 04:11 PM
by Keith Miller \(MVP\) Go to last post
2 211
add comments to files by MilGar
In XP I could add any comment to any file. In Vista all that I can add are Tags in certain extensions. This causes a problem understanding the files use. Either this is an oversight by Mr. Bill or a reason to confuse the user. All ideas will be appreciated. MilGar
April 16th 07 12:24 AM
by MilGar Go to last post
0 146
Add Favorites back to explorer like in XP by jpm
I use Favorites extensively under XP to quickly locate files/folders that are arranged by subject matter in subfolders and displayed as a tree. I cannot find the equivalent function in Vista. I would like Microsoft to consider adding Favorites back to the Menu Bar. -- jpm ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most...
February 7th 08 04:17 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
9 510
add to favorites does not remember folder by tiverson
In XP I liked to open several similar websites and then add them one by one to a dedicated folder. XP remembered the folder each time but in Vista I have to start from Favorites and go find it. Is there a setting I can change for this? -- tiverson Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
September 6th 09 07:48 PM
by Long Shadows Go to last post
1 332
Add tree version of Favorites to Explorer Toolbar as in XP by jpm
I use Favorites extensively in Explorer to quickly locate files in XP and really miss this feature in Vista. You can add a limited number of favorites in the "Favorite Links" window but the functionality is inferior to the tree version in IE and XP Explorer. -- jpm ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To...
September 19th 06 05:11 PM
by Catweazle Go to last post
5 527
Adding "Game" desktop icons to Game folder. by Rob
How can I do this? some of my games go in automatically but a lot do not. is there a trick to this? thanks
December 4th 07 12:14 PM
by Rob Go to last post
0 171
Adding 'Location' tab to new folders in personal folder? by Smarteralecc
I've had no problem moving the pre-supplied folders in my personal folder (Documents etc.) to a 2nd but any other folders I've created in my personal folder don't have the Location tab in 'Properties'... and changing the various templates doesn't help. Any ideas? One obvious possibility I'm thinking of is changing the USERPROFILE variable to point to the 2nd drive, and then using another...
July 16th 07 11:54 PM
by Smarteralecc Go to last post
0 128
Adding locations to Save As Dialog box by reneegade[_2_]
Hi there - I would dearly love to *add *some regular locations in the *left hand* column of the *Save As* dialog box. On some programs I can add folders (Office 07 I think) but on others, e.g. CS3, etc. I've only got the option of Desktop, Owner, Computer, Network, etc: not even documents! I am admin of this machine so should be able to do it if it's possible - any ideas anyone? Would be...
September 3rd 07 03:17 PM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
3 257
Adding new location for "Send to" command in shortcut menu (rght-c by Tom H[_2_]
This should be simple enough but I can't seem to find anyplace that actually tells me how to do it. I know one used to be able to do it in older versions of Windows
January 4th 08 05:50 AM
by Ramesh, MS-MVP Go to last post
3 164
Adding tag or rating to picture returns unexpected error 0x88982F5 by casey
When I attempt to add a tag or rating to my photos, I get the message "An unexpected error is preventing the operation" and "Error 0x88982F50". Does anyone have a clue about why this is happening and what I could do to fix it? Vista is getting exceedingly frustrating. So many of its features would be really cool -- if they worked! Thanks for any help. -Casey
March 30th 07 07:28 PM
by casey Go to last post

From The