Threads in Forum : Windows Vista File Management Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
File is deleted, but still showing in 'Windows Search' by Guy[_4_]
Hi I have an issue that I have just notied several files that I deleted over a month ago are still visible when doing searches on my computer. When trying to delete that I'm told that it is "no longer located in" the folder it was. When looking in the original folder the files were in they are not visible. They can only be seen when doing a search. Does anyone know how to completely get rid...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 25th 08 12:52 AM
by stan Go to last post
12 631
Feedback: Renaming file types by Penicillin
Hello I want to submit a feedback about Windows Vista. When I change a file type, then click mouse (left button) on anywhere, it will ask me if I'm sure to change it. After choosing "Yes" by mouse, selection square shows even if mouse click isn't pressed down. Look at this SWF: http://www.expenglish.com/vista.swf
March 24th 08 10:08 PM
by Penicillin Go to last post
3 284
"What's the deal with UAC (Windows Needs Your Permission scree by Colo2008
"Alan Simpson" wrote: Well said Jimmy. But just a couple minor additions. Using a computer in a limited account for day-to-day stuff has been a security "best practice" for many years, and totally ignored outside the corporate environment for just as many years. Basically Vista makes that practice security best practice automatic and as painless as possible by letting you...
March 24th 08 08:02 PM
by Colo2008 Go to last post
0 276
Vista by CR
New to Vista. Where can I find Windows Explorer? -- Thanks : )
March 24th 08 02:48 PM
by Bob Go to last post
3 404
password-protect a file by david jch
My os is windows vista home premium on a dell laptop. I'd like to know how to create a password to protect a file. I know how to " zip " , but can't find the option to create password. I had tried right click. properties, security etc. to no avail. Thank you. -- djch
March 24th 08 02:28 PM
by Bob Go to last post
3 311
Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008: GUI Improvements Required by Axel Dahmen
Hi, Evaluating Vista/Server 2008 for migration from W2k, W2k3, XP I noticed a couple of drawbacks when using those OSs. I've compiled the problems and put them all into one issue here instead of creating separate issues for all of them. -- 1 -- : Keyboard handling: It's very straining to use Vista/Server 2008 by
March 24th 08 10:09 AM
by Axel Dahmen Go to last post
0 264
where is Internet Explorer Cache located? by Anthony B[_2_]
Where is the folder location of Internet Explorer 7.0.6000.16609? We are using Vista Home Basic Dell systems. Trend Micro Internet Security found cookie threats in Internet Explorer Cache location. How can I find this folder? Thank you
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 23rd 08 02:57 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
27 884
Copy To Application Data Folders by Bilbo[_2_]
I have a user whose PC crashed. The hard drive was corrupted but I was able to salvage most of the data including the Windows XP Profile. On Vista, when I try to copy default.nk2 to the Microsoft\Outlook folder in Application Data, I'm denied access even though I have an administrator account. This makes it kind'a tough to support my users who've moved to Vista for various and sundry...
March 23rd 08 02:03 PM
by Bilbo[_2_] Go to last post
5 377
How do I synchronise two Vista PCs? by intclass
I have a desktop and a notebook, both running Vista Home Premium. I want to synchronise my files from My Documents and Outlook 2007 (contacts, calendar and tasks). Can anyone suggest anything... I do have a NAS in my house if that helps...
March 23rd 08 01:17 PM
by DL Go to last post
1 259
Windows Mail by Robert
I deleted the Microsoft Communities folder from the Local Folders Pane and i cant get it back. Does anyone know how to do this?
March 23rd 08 09:49 AM
by Robert Go to last post
6 279
Recovery of Deleted Files by M.Damon
My darling sister has deleted all of my musc files (over a thousand). Instead of choosing to send them to the Recycle Bin, which I could fix, she chose to delete them. Please tell me I can recover my files!?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 23rd 08 01:21 AM
by god''''s gift Go to last post
11 758
Lost Document? by Meagan Writer30
I hope someone can help with this... Yesterday, I opened a document (Office Student 2007) from my e-mail account on the web (not Outlook) I clicked "Save" repeatedly throughout the day and was never prompted to select "Save As" and when I X'd out, it did not say "Are you sure you want to close without saving?" so, I assumed all was well. However, when I went back to open it, it wasn't there. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 23rd 08 12:28 AM
by Dazed427 Go to last post
15 547
Deleted User Account by Tink
Hi, a user account has been deleted by mstake in vista home. Is there any way i can recover the data files associated with that user account? Im afraid no back up has been made!
March 22nd 08 11:20 PM
by GTS Go to last post
6 489
Why do doc files auto-save to Desktop? by Amy
It's driving me crazy. Practically every doc file and every downloaded Internet attachment automatically saves to the Desktop as an individual file icon -- even though I always "Save As" to a specified Documents folder. I do NOT want my Desktop cluttered with these files...but I don't think they're just shortcuts I can delete. I'm afraid if I delete them I'll be deleting the underlying...
March 22nd 08 11:10 PM
by Ronnie Vernon MVP Go to last post
1 258
Briecase or Sync? by Roger[_8_]
Hi I run Vista Home Premium on my laptop and my desktop. I have them connected in a little home network. What I would like to do is to be able to use sync or briefcase to synchronize my whole user folder with subfolders Documents, Pictures, Music etc between to two computers. So when I for example download new pictures to the desktop, they will be copied over to the laptop next time I log...
March 22nd 08 07:07 PM
by Roger[_8_] Go to last post
0 268
Vista File Mgmt can't find items that exist by RCStrpng
I have a problem similar to several posted a few months ago. I have a directory with 39 *.avi files that I want to move as I'm organizing my drives and files, and also making backups. Their sizes are from a few MB to a couple of hundred MB. They display in the source directory, and they play on Media Player. When I try to copy them with Explorer, I get the message "Could not find this item....
March 22nd 08 06:30 PM
by Bob Go to last post
1 250
Offline files not working on NAS (Intel SS4000-E) by Jurjen de Groot
I have a notebook with Vista-Ultimate on it. I have a Intel SS4000-E NAS unit in my network on wich all of my data resides. I have marked several files/folders for 'allways available offline' but when I'm offline I can't open the files (not available) I've read that offline files may not work correctly with NAS units, I've also seen some postings about making changes to the 'samba' software...
March 22nd 08 04:19 PM
by Jurjen de Groot Go to last post
0 246
Lost MS Word Icon from Start Menu...help? by SteveO
Trying to move MS Word shortcut icon from Start Menu "All Programs" area, I deleted it - oops! How to find/create or otherwise return the icon? Now, to use MS Word, I must open a past Word document, delete all contents and begin my new Word document. Silly Me :-) -- Mahalo!
March 22nd 08 12:11 PM
by Bob Go to last post
5 273
What's file's full path and BIOS by davidjchuang[_37_]
Forgive my ignorance, I have a 2 part-question.(1) How do I find a file's full path. (2) What does BIOS stand for ,and a brief elaboration please. Thank you. -- davidjchuang
March 22nd 08 09:55 AM
by davidjchuang[_41_] Go to last post
4 335
Documents, thumb drive, My Computer WHERE ARE THEY???? by J
I can't find anything in Vista. I want a folder view where I can see what's in my thumb drive and drag it over to a folder in Documents. XP made it so easy to see where everything was in Documents and My Computer to make it easy to transfer files to external drives and CD. I finally found a way to see what's on an thumb drive, but you have to open three windows to try to transfer a file...
March 22nd 08 04:29 AM
by PaulB Go to last post

From The