Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Checkers by John
Hi Is there a good checkers program around? I am interested in playing with both computer and online opponents. If one program can provide both then even better. I like the 'Internet Checkers' program in xp pro but don't think its include with vista? Thanks Regards
August 28th 07 11:49 AM
by AndyChen Go to last post
3 257
Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 by Shaun A. Gupta
Hey all, Going to be building a new computer soon with Vista. Was wondering if the old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 will work (with Force Feedback support of course) or if I'm going to have to upgrade sticks to something with Vista support. Thanks!
August 28th 07 05:12 AM
by ThoR294 Go to last post
7 365
New beta forceware drivers released by VRG Scotty©[_2_]
Get 64 bit here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1713 Get 32 bit here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1712 I've installed them on my rig and all went well, not too much inprovement when benchmarking but work brilliantly with Bioshock demo which you can also get here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1716 --
August 27th 07 10:33 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
5 290
Vista or XP? by Paul
Hello, First i want to apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question or it's already been answered but it's very hard for me to find a right answer that i know i can trust. I plan to get a new computer as soon as i can so i wondered if i could get some advise on if i should use windows xp or the new windows Vista when it comes out(the cheapest version). I will play World of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 27th 07 10:26 PM
by BgFOOT323 Go to last post
28 777
Video Demos of Games for Linux by [email protected]
On Aug 26, 9:33 pm, Roy Schestowitz wrote: Ubuntu Linux Games - Top Picks Games for Linux? You must be joking? Hasn't Tetris been overplayed by now?
August 27th 07 10:10 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
6 301
Sims 2 Seasons userdata problem by AW
Why can't my daughter access her user data? She created a new neighbourhood, but the only way she can get to it is if she reloads the CD - then I have to enter my administrator password, which is a pain to have to do each time she wants to play. I've tried (a) making her an administrator (b) copying the shortcut from my desktop to hers. No luck with either as the only neighbourhoods that...
August 27th 07 10:05 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
4 328
Some games are not compartible with Vista..? by nCaD
I heard that old games like Counter-Strike and WarCraft III : Frozen throne aren't compartible with Windows vista. In other words, Vista can't run these games. Is it TRUE...? (I also heard some applications don't work too.)
August 27th 07 09:20 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
7 276
Playing/CTRL double-click problem. by Gabek-> @discussions.microsoft.com>
I'm playing a game I got with my Gateway-created system, and this plane-shooter game requires me to hit CTRL repeatedly to fire blasts. But, every time I hit CTRL, a window of Internet Explorer pops up, causing eventually impossible memory problems. I didn't notice what was going on, and then I had 44 Internet Explorer windows open up. The usual way of deleting a keyboard shortcut doesn't...
August 27th 07 05:16 PM
by Mark Go to last post
1 248
Help Installing Game by Andy
I have tried to install Warcraft 3 and it contiously freezes up after I type in the Cd Key. It is a new cd, and i know thats not it, and i have the strange feeling it is because of the Operating System. It tells me before i even start that it is not meant for windows NT. Please, help. . .
August 27th 07 09:28 AM
by davey_griffo[_2_] Go to last post
1 230
Game Explorer Constantly Refreshing by mumstead
I am having a strange problem with Game Explorer. When it is open it constantly refreshes itself. the little waiting circle by my cursor appears every half second or so and when the status bar is enabled at the bottom of the window it keeps flashing "Searching for items". This is very frustrating because with this constant refreshing it causes my CPU utilization to increase. I have tried...
August 27th 07 02:22 AM
by mumstead Go to last post
0 253
Can't install game by taebear19
I bought a game off internet after playing the demo. When I try to unlock the game I get an error message regid.exe. Help me. I have searched everywhere for solution.
August 26th 07 09:44 PM
by Fish[_2_] Go to last post
1 232
DANCE! ONLINE by gabberssmurf
i can play the game with no problem but when i wanna close it i get a blue screen and it says pc crashed , i tried few times but still get it , then restart pc and i get an error has found NPKCRYPT.SYS. how can i repear it ? or what do i have to do ?
August 26th 07 09:36 PM
by gabberssmurf Go to last post
0 225
Real Arcade by Keils
I love playing Real arcade games but ever since I changed to Vista have not been able to download them. I get an error message about my cyber strength? Am thinking about installing IE6, but would it run on Vista and does anyone know if that would solve my problem? Any assistance would be gratefully received.
August 26th 07 12:30 AM
by lulubelle Go to last post
3 365
Need Help running Game by tazamouse
I bought a game and when I tried to install it a message popped up and said "error accessing the system registry unexpected error quitting" How do I fix this I am very frusterated tring to find the solution. I have windows vista basic. PLEASE HELP!!!
August 25th 07 09:27 PM
by VRG Scotty©[_2_] Go to last post
1 250
COD2, cannot locate cd/dvd-rom by StoneColdChris
I am trying to run call Of Duty 2 on Vista Home Premium 32-bit on a newer computer (Gateway Intel Duo Core E4300, Nvidia 8800 GTX, 2 MB Ram, all drivers current). I previously was able to run it on XP, and this is the first time I have tried to install it on Vista. After installing the game and patching it to 1.3, I try to run it with Disk 1 in the DVD drive. i get the following error...
August 24th 07 09:48 PM
by Pikey Joe Go to last post
5 277
cannot instal game by michael callister
getting error this application has failed to start because d3drm.dll was not found can any body help -- mickey c
August 24th 07 04:39 AM
by Cari \(MS-MVP\) Go to last post
1 288
Mahjong Tiyans by davey_griffo[_2_]
What kind of strange scoring system are they using in this game? I'v played it quite a bit (it gets you that way, doesn't it!!) and I just can't work it out.
August 23rd 07 10:42 PM
by davey_griffo[_2_] Go to last post
0 238
games explorer by Games Explorer not working
I have installed Vista and none of the games that are included work with the game explorer. They don't start.
August 23rd 07 06:28 PM
by Games Explorer not working[_2_] Go to last post
7 311
Acaba nasıl C# dersleri bulabilirim? by Emrecan ARSLAN
Sayın Microsoft, Ben C# öğrenmek istiyorum.Fakat kendi seviyeme uygun bir ders bulamadım.Daha önce HTML, PHP ile uğraştım.
August 23rd 07 08:01 AM
by Emrecan ARSLAN Go to last post
0 268
STALKER issues by Quayzar
I am not sure if this is a problem with vista specifically or if my laptop just isn't right for running STALKER but i have run into a strange issue regarding running the game at any setting other than MINIMUM for the graphics. Here are my laptop specs: Dell Inspiron 6400 Windows Home Premium 32 bit Intel Core2 CPU t7200 @ 2.00 GHz 2046 MB RAM
August 23rd 07 06:22 AM
by Quayzar Go to last post

From The