Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Glitch In Solitaire (Vista) by Torra
Sorry if this is in the wrong place or has alraedy been addressed, I looked for it, but after an hour of searching the site and the forums, it eaither hasn't been asked, or I've overlooked it. My copy of Solitaire seems to have a glitch, about 70% of the time, it dosn't reconise when the game is lost and ask if I'd like to end it, like it's suposed to. And the "hint" comand just has me...
August 23rd 07 05:50 AM
by Torra Go to last post
3 354
A couple problems I'm having with default Vista games by Clarence
I've added the Games option to display as a menu for my start menu and everything worked great for a while. Now though, whenever I attempt to open a game, say Spider Solitaire or any other Vista default game, it never opens. The interesting thing is that the games open fine in Game Explorer. The game links also work if I open them through the Games folder in the All Programs menu. Is there a...
August 22nd 07 04:28 PM
by Clarence Go to last post
0 332
First Post by Ken[_2_]
Hi all, I am 43 and live in Wisconsin USA I have been hooked on PC shooters since Wolfenstein in the old 3.1 / 386 days. So far I have not ran into any major problems while running Vista with the games I play. I have been patiently waiting for Bioshock to arrive from Amazon. In the mean time I have been scaring the hell out of myself playing FEAR. I just started playing, so I don't know...
August 22nd 07 11:32 AM
by Ken[_2_] Go to last post
0 402
problem (maybe directx or textures) in games by always_confused[_2_]
Okay, firstly sorry if this is the wrong place to post my problem but I've got no idea what causes it so what catagory it would fall into... I have: ATI X1600 Core duo 2ghz vista business My problem, a little while ago i installed two worlds and to get it to work messed around a bit, e.g. updated my directX updated the drivers
August 22nd 07 11:28 AM
by VRG Scotty©[_2_] Go to last post
3 404
vista minimizes my games during play by flipside
is there a solution for this. The game just minimizes in the middle of play. Vista does this on ALL my games
August 22nd 07 02:09 AM
by Dave Cox Go to last post
2 425
Company of Heroes - Patches? by Maureen[_2_]
Just wondering how the patches for COH work. There is a whole list of them (6 or 7). I've just installed the first on the list, which seemed to go okay. Do I just go through and install them all? Also, when playing the game it sometimes flips me back to my desktop. Should I be turning off all of the Windows Services when I play, and how do I do that? I turn off Windows Defender and...
August 22nd 07 12:36 AM
by Maureen[_2_] Go to last post
4 389
Missing icons in my vista games folder by Orcabear
I was wondering if there's anything I can do to get icons back in my games folder in windows vista home premium. I click on games in my vista start menu, it brings up all the games on my system and now I"m missing some of the icons. for example my supreme commander game now has a generic icon than the specific icon for the game. I've tried going into the edit menu and changing it back but it...
August 22nd 07 12:06 AM
by Orcabear Go to last post
2 335
Vista games by chunker
I had problems with my laptop and had restart from scratch, now when i click on my games i.e. minesweeper,solitaire ect. The loading circle appears but the game does'nt start. Please explain to me how to get them working again. Thanks
August 21st 07 06:12 PM
by chunker Go to last post
0 369
Vista regular solitaire is bad!! by Sarah
After months of struggling with driver problems between Vista and Nvidia, my husband and I dumped Nvidia and got something else. We have spent hundreds of dollars in upgrades, e.g. LOTS of RAM. The only way Vista actually works properly, without having to "borrow" from other programs is to buy more RAM. Now, my current complaint is the new regular solitaire in Vista sucks! I thought it might...
August 21st 07 04:27 PM
by Knox Go to last post
5 381
My big Games test by Hstahelin
Windows Vista 64 bit game and app compatibility Test System Info operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Intel System Model: BLAKFORD BIOS: Bios Version: S2696 V1.01 Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 5160 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz Memory: 4094MB RAM
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 21st 07 08:50 AM
by Torbjörn Nyström / Pharoe Islands :) Go to last post
13 720
filepath/permissions issue? by Tom
I'm trying to view some easter eggs in a game I own, which requires me to modify the .ini file for it. I did this in XP with no trouble, but Vista keeps telling me it can't create the filepath to save the modified file or that I don't have permission to modify this file. I've already adjusted the properties and "allowed" everything. Any other ideas?
August 20th 07 09:48 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
3 360
Game window in Vista by RiverDog
My Game window doesn't seem to hold it's size once it's been closed. I seem to remember someone who might have a fix for this. Any suggestions? RiverDog
August 20th 07 07:27 PM
by RiverDog Go to last post
I am trying to load an old game (Warcraft II Tides of Darkness) on Windows Vista, but I keep getting an error message saying the system is not compatible with full screen mode. I have tried the compatability program, turning the color to 256 and lowering screen resolution with no results. The start-up menu comes up fine for the game and I can even enter the map editor, but it will not let...
August 20th 07 07:09 PM
by Mark Go to last post
4 374
The clouds are following me! by tankertoad
Before you write this off as plain paranoia, I've been flying FSX enough for this to be true. The SP1 for FSX did improve cloud coverage a bit, fixing the cloud bases when ceilings are reported by Jeppesen. However, when they are not reported, but just as general cloud cover (scattered, light, broken), it seems that there is a bias to put the base of the clouds either right at my altitude...
August 20th 07 05:56 PM
by tankertoad Go to last post
0 335
Vista Business - can't add games by [email protected]
I've got a Sony Vaio with Vista Business installed. By default games are not installed and they are added by "Turn Windows features On/Off" in Control Panel. However when I run this and try to add anything nothing happens- the status bar never moves and then both screens disappear. I can't add any windows features - and this seems to be a common problem I've made rescue disks as Sony's don't...
August 20th 07 06:43 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 323
halo 2 min requirements by gazzacbr[_2_]
i borrowed halo 2 off a friend just to see how it would run on my system and......it didnt. in fact it didnt even load as i didnt meet the min requirements. any way around this as i would like to run it even at low settings? i have a amd 64 laptop, but i can run farcry at average settings with no probs. thankx -- gazzacbr
August 20th 07 02:37 AM
by Huston Go to last post
4 333
Civ IV with Vista? by Jack B
I just loaded my old copy of Civ IV on my newer Vista machine, and it isn't working. Vista tells me there are compatibility porblems and I should contact Firaxis. I see in this forum that Civ IV is on the list of games that work in Vista. I tried loading patch 1.61, but that doesn't seem to work either. Does anyone know what I need to do? Thanks,
August 19th 07 10:45 AM
by Jack B Go to last post
6 335
FFXI wont load by Matt
Hmmm the playonline program dont even load up or ffxi for that matter. It saids "playoline has stopped working" when i click on it. It installed correctly and i tried running as admin and still does it. I just got a new comp with vista installed, Even made it as an exception for it to run through firewall since its a game u play over internet and that didnt even work. Is there anything else i can...
August 19th 07 06:38 AM
by Matt Go to last post
3 384
Warcraft3 3rd party programs by Pizzly
Ok what is this.. i turn on my pc ok.. i then turn on warcraft 3 say i want to turn on Name Spoofer... evering is good.. you know turning it on a perfect time.. used it in the past on my windows XP but now it gives me like W3X Memory Error.. or sometimes PID error... i dont know why.. it just does.. it have it set on run compatability with XP SP2.. but it doesnt do this all the time.. funny....
August 18th 07 05:18 PM
by Pizzly Go to last post
0 293
call of duty blackscreen by Nick
hi i work at a lan center and we got call of duty 2 on our pc we got windows XP and randomely call of duty 2 put a blackscreen on our computer and its freeze (only in when the map load ) in multiplayers. our computer is: Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2 Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 Memory (RAM): 2046 MB CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz CPU Speed:...
August 18th 07 03:33 AM
by Frenchy Go to last post

From The