Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Games choppy after Vista patches by Fandango
After downloading and installing the 3 patches that was released on 12/3 I've noticed that my games have become very laggy. I've tried scanning for viruses and such but nothing was found. Anyone else experienced this?
March 14th 08 02:27 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 322
BioShock sound on Vista by Алексей Зарубин
I have Bioshock, in game he have bad sound (sorry i bad speak english), in movies sound is good. Help me please!! System Pentium 1.6 hHz 1024 gBytes RAM Radeon x1550 AGP 256 mBytes sound: C-Media CMI8738
March 14th 08 04:20 PM
by Алексей Зарубин Go to last post
0 303
BioShock sound on Vista by Алексей Зарубин
I have Bioshock, in game he have bad sound (sorry i bad speak english), in movies sound is good. Help me please!! System Pentium 1.6 hHz 1024 gBytes RAM Radeon x1550 AGP 256 mBytes sound: C-Media CMI8738
March 14th 08 05:34 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 255
Help me out with this lag..... by fwdbarbosa
Hi, I play World of Warcraft for a long time now. First i started play on windows XP with my internet ADSL (3mbs speed). But then i bought a new PC and came with windows Vista. I like working with this OS, its cool. But now i can hardly play my favorite game. because I have a big lag in the game (4/5 ms).... plz can anyone tell what i have to do to reduce my lag?? plz help Cumpz
March 14th 08 10:54 PM
by VRG Scotty Go to last post
8 251
I Need Assistance Editing a Game Folder In Windows Vista Ultimate by jr1475
I am a 44 year old gamer and have recently built a new core 2 based computer with Windows Vista Ultimate. I am losing sound in a game called "Crysis" and I received instructions for editing the file folder but am unable to make the changes. http://www.maximumpc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=782916#782916 This is what I am trying to get accomplished. Any assistance would be appreciated. ...
March 15th 08 10:59 AM
by VRG Scotty Go to last post
1 208
I need help by ivan
Hi , i just downloaded a upgrade for vista, i play a game called wolfteam(fps) and all of a sudden the screen was so wide and zoomed in. Can anyone tell me what do i need to do to change it back to it regular size. Thank you. I appreciate all the help.
March 15th 08 01:55 PM
by Super_Sonic117 Go to last post
2 227
Trying to run a MS-DOS file, circa 1985 by Matthew S. Armshaw
I've been trying to run The Bard's Tale 'Tales of the Unknown' game which I downloaded off the bard's tale online web site. I keep receiving the following error message - 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem BARD.EXE This system does not support fullscreen mode. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
March 15th 08 10:22 PM
by Matthew S. Armshaw Go to last post
2 286
world in conflict/pc by gohard4
cant enter cheats. someone please help
March 16th 08 03:43 AM
by Spook 13 Go to last post
4 209
letting games update online by Dorothy
I purchased the license for the Chuzzles Deluxe game. It has stopped working because I won't allow it to access the internet. Is there a way to get around this. I had a nasty spyware problem a couple of months ago, the alert messages said it was caused by a Wild Tangent file. I like the Chuzzles game but really don't see why it has to access the internet. Any advice?
March 16th 08 12:50 PM
by Dorothy Go to last post
2 250
The Witcher by Bighappy82
When I play the Witcher and I get to a certain cut screen, the screen goes blank. I can still hear ambient noises but can't see or do anything else. I have the latest patch and the latest graphic drivers. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game and still have the same problem. In the Witchers official website, it talks about a "Hotfix" that I need. I went to the...
March 16th 08 04:57 PM
by Dave Cox Go to last post
3 312
The Witcher by Mad Mike
I just got "The Witcher" the other day and am starting to really enjoy it. Played about 45 minutes and I have to say all in all, It's pretty good. The only thing I notice and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem is that when I shut down the game, Windows Media Center starts up. What could make this happen? Is there a setting that I need to correct or change. You assistance is most...
March 16th 08 09:14 PM
by Mad Mike Go to last post
0 210
Testing by Frenchy
Somehow I haven't been able to post for a few days, so excuse the Test Frenchy
March 16th 08 09:51 PM
by VRG Scotty Go to last post
1 182
The Witcher Shut Down Problem by Mad Mike
I just got "The Witcher" the other day and am starting to really enjoy it. Played about 45 minutes and I have to say all in all, It's pretty good. The only thing I notice and I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem is that when I shut down the game, Windows Media Center starts up. What could make this happen? Is there a setting that I need to correct or change. You assistance is most...
March 16th 08 11:25 PM
by Mad Mike Go to last post
0 278
City of Villians game will not connect by Rich S.
My compute is xp, and I just moved and hooked up with a new internet svc. The Wildblue Sat high speed. After hooking it up, My on-line game "City of Villians" will not connect even though I do have internet svc as I can log on to my aol acct. and internet explorer. I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled but to no avail. Other programs such as Vent and HeroStats will connect, only...
March 17th 08 03:50 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 243
Built-in Vista games will not run by zooeyhallne
I have a laptop that I recently installed Vista Business on for a new employee. This was a clean install. The user called back that none of the Games he was familiar with in XP were available. I went into Control Panel, and went to the XP equivalent of Add/remove programs/ add Windows Components and checked the boxes for the Games. The pc seemed to install something, and when I was...
March 17th 08 04:15 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
8 332
Cod4 by Ziggy[_2_]
When i put Cod4 in the cd rom does nothing or on any other game i tryed Blackhawak down i have tryed Joint ops i dont even show the icon like xp would . The driver is working nothing wrong with it . im gonna have this Dang vista for a couple of weeks till my other pc gets out of the shop with xp power surge got to love that. If any one can help me . Also tryed Command Prompt it would let me log...
March 18th 08 09:39 PM
by phats_O[_4_] Go to last post
4 370
Diablo Expansion Set by Linda830
I got this game to play on my Windows Vista computer but it doesn't work. The graphics are psychedelic looking for lack of a better word. I contacted Blizzard, and followed their instructions on how to fix it but it didn't work. My next purchase will be Apple. Does anyone know how to fix this?
March 18th 08 09:48 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
8 282
What do I need to play ? by davidjchuang[_3_]
My OS is vista home premium 32 bit , 2GB Ram, 120 GB Hard Drive, Dual Layer 8x DVD Burner. I'm considering to buy some pc games, particularly Windows DVD games such as Crysis, Modern Warfare , Flight Sim. etc. Being my first time for pc games, I'm not sure if my laptop has got enough to play those games. I heard that it depends on my video card(?) or my graphic card(?), and I have no idea where...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 18th 08 09:51 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
10 445
Default games missing by Ahamad Izzard
Hello Everybody, i am using vista ultimate(complete installation).everything works fine except my microsoft games such as ,imesweeper.hearts,spider solitier,mahajong etc.. these games are not available in my system. when i tried to install from "switch windows features on or off" option in that the games option is missing too. so friends is there any ways to fix this. please help me on this.
March 18th 08 10:10 PM
by brooklyn212 Go to last post
2 217
Turned Vista Business games on from Progs & Feature but they won't by Watchman[_2_]
Any ideas? I even found the executable images and launched them from Explorer and they still won't run. Something funky going on here. Any help appreciated
March 19th 08 08:45 AM
by Watchman[_2_] Go to last post

From The