Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Silverfall crashing mostly solved by Mark
FYI For anyone playing Silverfall and receiving frequent crashes, even with the 1.17 patch, the problem may be in the Physx add-on rather than a display driver/game issue. I was experiencing frequent (every 3 minutes) crashes with the game, after installing the 7.07.24 PhysX driver, I have only had one crash since (a DirectX blue-screen crash) in several hours of play. Mark
August 17th 07 05:06 PM
by Mark Go to last post
0 257
Stalker with Vista by rudd
Hello, I have just bought a new pc with Vista and am trying to play Stalker. I crashed every ten to fifteen minutes or so with a completly frozen screen that can only be sorted by turning off the power. Is this simply a Vista issue? Should I install XP too and run it though that? Any help would be much appreciated.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 17th 07 02:05 PM
by Carl Go to last post
11 478
Running Directx 9 games from Vista by Gerry54321
I've tried to run Call of Juarez and Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, which used to run fine under XP. Both seem to need Directx 9 files to operate and won't work under Vista. Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 17th 07 12:57 AM
by Chuck Walbourn [MSFT] Go to last post
11 484
Stalker Save and Quicksave crashes under Vista 32 by Dale White
I posted this over in the Stalker fourms, it was actually posted before and Anandtech has an article that explains the issues and other games that might have this issue Vista Save and Quicksave (and maybe some others) Crash - Fix I started playing Stalker under Vista32 again, as I was trying to do some benchmarking and test. And I started getting the crash on Quicksaves. I thought it was...
August 16th 07 07:25 PM
by Crazy Noddy Go to last post
3 333
Problem with Games and DEP by Silentway
Ok So I think I have found the problem most people have been having with Games not working on Vista and simply crashing after 10 min. Everyone always tells them it's a driver issue. I found that the problem is with the DEP (Data Execution Program). When your game crashes its because Vista thinks the software is processing the memory (RAM) wrong and shuts down the program to "protect" the...
August 16th 07 07:23 PM
by Crazy Noddy Go to last post
5 261
Stop Error 0x000000E3 by Will Bartram
Hi, Windows Vista Ultimate. I've put this under Games because that's how the error effects me the most. Basically, I'll put my game's DVD in the drive and attempt to run that game (Medival II Total War, C&C3) but usually I will get a BSoD with the above first error. I've recorded a few full errors so you can see them below: "A thread tried to release resources it did not own." With...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 16th 07 06:05 PM
by Pikey Joe Go to last post
13 514
Diablo 2 - Poor Performance by Counter_Strike
I just bought a new laptop and installed D2 on it. I can get the game to run, but as soon as there's any video demand my frame-rates drop from 50-60 fps to single digits. Is there any way to tweak video settings to get around this? The game worked great on my older laptop even though it had half the memory and a much slower processor. Thanks in advance for the help.
August 16th 07 05:17 AM
by Chris[_3_] Go to last post
4 264
getting vista ultimate 32/64 help plz by johnnyso
:shock: A8N-SLi delux motherbaord 939... 4800+ dual core 2x 6800 ultra graphics cards.... can you plz tell me what probs i will get ?? this is a gaming computer and has no printer or scanners.... was running XP with no probs now running vista home pre.. and got no sound :( PLZ PLZ i need to know before it all turns to :mad: i am looking at 64 bit coz nothing will see the 4 gig ram thanks...
August 15th 07 11:26 PM
by Michael Gillen Go to last post
3 285
vista games by black_devil
i have bought with my brother lord of the ring online he installed on his pc and it work fine and he has windows xp.i have windows vista i installed the game and it dont work.are the games only for 1 pc or can ya instal it every pc.if it is no thx then i buy a new cd.if it is yes can ya help me out then. thanks
August 15th 07 11:17 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 262
Vista OS and games by dory.1963
I am not able to play any of the games on the internet because they are not compatible with the Vista OS. What is the plan to change this?
August 15th 07 04:52 PM
by Crazy Noddy Go to last post
6 255
Latest ATI Catalyst 7.8 Windows Vista drivers by VRG Scotty©
Get the 32 bit here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1706 Get the 64 bit here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1707 Looks like these drivers with massively improve performance with them ATI cards Source guru3d ATI have just released Catalyst 7.8 for Windows Vista, Windows XP.
August 15th 07 09:32 AM
by VRG Scotty© Go to last post
0 232
Not able to download games sites by 1CanCee
When I try to download game sites, Vista stops me from doing so. It asked if I am connected to the internet which I am but I am not recognized for it. Sites like Big Fish or Real Arcade just do not load. They get stuck tracking saying downloading in progress and I let it run but it never completes the connection. Something stops it from completing the game site. I am using Vista Home...
August 15th 07 03:22 AM
by 1CanCee Go to last post
0 274
Game Explorer Corrupted (?) by Scott Adams
When I click any game icon in my Games Explorer -- Vista game of retail game I installed -- I get this error: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folders options control panel." When I fine the exe files in the AppData folder for (for example) Hold 'Em, the exe file opens the game right up. However, the shortcuts in...
August 15th 07 03:04 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 322
Halo 2 driver problems by marshall D.
I have a sli enabled motherboard and 2 ge force 7900 bfg video cards, and I cannot get halo 2 to run exept extremely slowly, and it stutters all through the game. I am at a loss for what to do. running a intel 1.86 duo core processor, and halo just will not run at all. Microsoft, are you Listening?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 14th 07 05:51 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
12 455
can t work my game by shirky
i just bought my computer with vista and also got wsop tournament of champions 2007 edition i installed which it took forever then when i click to play it says error d3dx9_30.dll was not found i don t know what to do i don t know anything about computers really so if someone could explain in computer illiterate terms i d appreciate it thank you i also want the game oblivion but i m scared to...
August 14th 07 05:49 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 277
MS Forcing Vista on people by SAMF2000
While many people can choose to buy Vista or not, the idea of making Games only work with Vista is almost criminal. A game such as Halo 2 for the PC Which MS Knew everyone wanted, was made only for Vista...
August 13th 07 06:08 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
6 286
Halo 2 Multiplayer: "No profile found." by Bryan Harper
After installing and patching Halo 2, I was prompted to create an Xbox Live account. So I did, and attatched the included Gold Trial to it, and when the account was created, Halo asked me to input the info I just made. So I did. It logged me into Live. It downloaded the profile, and said it had to restart. So I let it. Ever since then, it logs me into Live everytime I start the game. ...
August 13th 07 04:43 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
3 267
How do I deactivate Halo 2 on Vista? by Jaimie
I want to deactivate Halo 2 on Vista and I do not know how. Please help.
August 13th 07 02:29 PM
by Mark Go to last post
3 254
Troubles with wow by Gand
I am having troubles with wow being choppy while in game, I have a ASUS G2 laptop i just bought which has a Geforce 8600m GT 256mb graphics card. I have gone to the nvidia site to DL the beta drivers as suggested in other posts, but when i goto install them it says that i am not running a 32 bit system even know Vista premium is a 32 bit system any suggestions ?
August 13th 07 10:37 AM
by TheNetAvenger Go to last post
3 273
Windows Vista: Backwards compatible? by Chiet
I'm getting a new computer with Windows Vista Home and Home office. Will I be able to play my computer games like the "Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind" that were made for the XP?
August 13th 07 10:32 AM
by TheNetAvenger Go to last post

From The