Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Is Marc Ecko's Getting Up compatable with windows vista??????????? by Jt_investments
All of the hardware on my laptop is compatable with the software the only problem is I don't know if windows vista will run it I have been everywhere trying to figure it out including the atari website to see if they had a patch or something for it but I just keep running into dead ends so if any one knows and can help me with my little problem I would greatly appreciate it.......!!!!
August 13th 07 05:28 AM
by Jt_investments Go to last post
0 253
Is there a maple story version for vista??? by Curious Girl[_2_]
Hi im a maplestory player... and now i've been using vista... and installed maplestory... i can't seem to beable to play maplestory... when ever i click on maplestory it will say something like my vista doesn't match the game. i did try right click on the icon and change the thing to window xp. but it still doesn't work!!!!! i think i has to be something related to the gameguard ( wizt ) ill...
August 13th 07 02:47 AM
by Alan Bunting Go to last post
1 256
Afraid to buy more games, they wont work anyway by ullull
Plz someone help me, some of my games will work but others wont. I can install them, But when i play them, vista just exits the game, leaving me back to the desktop. Wtf? i mean heres a little list of all my games that will work and not work: desperate housewives: not working morrowind: not workin The thing: not working trhe movies: yes csi: Not working Warcraft 3: yes
August 12th 07 01:40 PM
by ullull Go to last post
4 353
Mouse acceleration in Halo 2 for Vista by SirGoP
The first thing I do when I install Windows is uncheck the "Enhance pointer precision" box under mouse settings in the control panel. The reason for this is I can't stand the "sticky" effect of the cursor with this setting turned on. The same goes for games, in particular First Person Shooters. So the fact that mouse acceleration is turned on when I'm playing Halo 2, makes it a less than...
August 11th 07 09:30 PM
by SirGoP Go to last post
0 282
X-FI ALchemy 1.00.7 drivers released by VRG Scotty©
Here's the latest X-FI ALchemy 1.00.7 drivers for all X-FI soundcards. Numerous bug fixes including... Enables the DirectSound3D game audio to be processed by your Sound Blaster X-Fi to deliver EAX effects, 3D audio spatialization, sample rate conversion and hardware audio mixing. Without this, most DirectSound3D games will be reduced to stereo output without any EAX effects. Get them here...
August 11th 07 09:33 AM
by Verger Go to last post
1 261
RGSS Player by megan
So, I use vista and I downloaded a game a few days ago and whenever I try to open it a window pops up saying the RGSS Player has stopped working. Can anyone tell me what this means and how to fix it?
August 11th 07 07:44 AM
by VRG Scotty© Go to last post
1 312
microphone not recording by kalebf500
ok this is like 2 other questions already but to sum it up can you tell me how to get my microphone to record i re-installed it but it doesn't pick up any sound can you help me with this step-by-step for my vista -- t-ed off about this
August 10th 07 11:32 PM
by Ronnievdl Go to last post
1 233
Latest WHQL forceware drivers released by VRG Scotty©
Nvidia forceware 152.50 released, Installed without a hitch on my 32 bit vista ult system and also benchmark 224 points higher on futuremark 06, they are reported to have numerous bug fixes, get the 32bit here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1700 get the 64bit here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1699 -- VRG Scotty© www.vistareadygames.com
August 10th 07 09:37 PM
by VRG Scotty© Go to last post
1 272
Quake via Steam Question. by Andy [YaYa]
Has anyone tried Quake via Steam yet? I have a question, can you use old mods with the Steam version of Quake like the "Quake Done Quick" demo movies? Thinking of buying the games, but was curious about this. -A.
August 10th 07 07:53 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
0 227
Prey doesn't work on windows vista by Dennis
I've got a problem i can't get Prey working on my new pc Specs are Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit Intel(R) Core(TM)2 DUO CPU 6300@ 1.87 Ghz 2046 MB Internal Mem Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS total availeble mem 751 mb Installation is ging fine but when is start it it starts for about 3 seconds and then the game just stops and close itself
August 10th 07 02:42 PM
by Bryan Harper Go to last post
1 248
Napoleon saved game by pingvin
I have saved a game in napoleon, and now it ask me if i want to continue this game every time I open napoleon. How do I cancel this message from appearing. Escuse my bad english -- Pingvin(penquin) Denmark
August 10th 07 12:54 PM
by pingvin Go to last post
0 240
Add-ons for WOW by Zorg
I can't seem to get them to work. I downloaded them like KTM,Atlis,Damage-meterEct: I see them if the right folder but they won't work. any help on this matter would be helpful.
August 10th 07 11:42 AM
by Zorg Go to last post
4 304
Legacy game won't run - Heroes of Might & Magic IV by [email protected]
I recently picked up an older game, Heroes of Might and Magic IV. I used to love HOMM2 years ago, and picked this one up on an impulse at Best Buy since it was only $10. Anyway, I get home and install. Install wizard runs fine except for one thing - despite the fact it correctly identifies all my hardware, it tells me that my 2GB RAM fails to meet the 128MB requirement. Despite this, it says I...
August 10th 07 05:39 AM
by Dan Mazurowski Go to last post
7 297
battlefront2 by m
when I try to start a mission ,the game crashed and I came back to the main screen.
August 9th 07 10:26 PM
by kalebf500 Go to last post
1 252
Games will not start after install by gto5830
I have loaded both Rise of Nations and AoE3 on my computer running Vista Ultimite but when I go to try and start game, I am getting an error message that msxml 4.0 is not installed. Have spent many hours trying to find a solution to play a Microsoft game on a Microsoft O/S and am just about ready yo switch back to XP. Thought I would try you fine folks for a solution before I did that....
August 9th 07 09:00 PM
by gto5830 Go to last post
9 316
Still happy with Vista, but . . . (Games Explorer problem) by Erich Kohl
Well, I've been running Vista for several weeks now. Generally speaking, I'm satisfied. Performance is good, my system is stable, and the majority of my applications and games are working and behaving as they should. I have to admit though, I have now run into a problem which is just downright annoying. The problem is with the new Games Explorer. I'm sure most of you here know what that is...
August 9th 07 02:59 AM
by Erich Kohl Go to last post
3 332
Halo3? by Frenchy
Did I see adverts for Halo3? Is that being released for PC and when? Frenchy
August 8th 07 03:18 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
4 331
Crysis by Mark Maylon
As I understand it Crysis will be comming out in november. Anyone heard anything about a Demo or beta for this game. I simply can not wait til this game comes out . Please respond with info on demo or beta if anyone knows. Thanks, Mark
August 8th 07 03:00 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 376
Command & Conquer Network Problems by Melbourne 21
I'm running Vista Home Prem 32 and I when I connect to my wifes computer (XP) to play in multi player network mode, It works for a while then an error comes up saying we have lost synchronization and all data will be lost and the game then ends. Is this to do with speeds or something or can someone give advise on a solution please.
August 8th 07 08:39 AM
by Melbourne 21 Go to last post
0 243
what a pickle "game (N)on" by 5th pledge
well a new era has arrived and yes one has to wait for his supper , to the chase admin rights have locked this baby down and even that it takes a little time to exe we'll all appreciate it in the long run , but my word up is that what about bootup progs ie gigabytes easy tune 5 overclocking made simplistic but on reboot startups hangs due to admin rights , now all it takes is comon sense to...
August 7th 07 08:24 AM
by 5th pledge Go to last post

From The