Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Blue screen problem by bubon
playing acouple of games (Americas army and CivilizationIV), after a while my computer crashes with blue screen, saying there is an error w/ hardware or something. here is the problem report, please help. thank you Product Windows Problem Shut down unexpectedly Date
August 7th 07 02:06 AM
by bubon Go to last post
3 285
C&C Renegade won't startup. Please help. by floyd
Here are my specs: Presario f500 (note book) AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core Processor TK-53 1.70 GHz 1 gig Ram 32-bit Operating System I got this notebook a few days ago. I installed c&c renegade. when i went to launch the game, the load screen came up and then the game crashed. "Renegade has stopped working and windows is searching for a solution". I read on some forums that i need to run in xp...
August 7th 07 12:34 AM
by floyd Go to last post
0 266
Americas Army Special Forces by TSO
This game is a few years old and for the System Requirements it says 98/ME/2000/XP....i was wondering if it will work with Vista or not...considering that vista is newer and all and my computer meets all other requirements Thanks
August 6th 07 11:49 PM
by Eddie Johnson Go to last post
1 281
Graphic problem with 'Sims 2' by Maca136
I recently bought a new fujitsu siemens laptop with windows vista installed. It has the graphics card "VIA Chrome9 HC IGP WDDM". (which I was told was good) I installed the Sims 2 onto it and began playing but the graphics are terrible! (walls and floors completely blurred). Can anyone help me?
August 6th 07 07:49 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
4 272
arma and ati on vista64 by nonya a. nonymous
howdy, does anyone know of a way to get ArmA to run on Vista64 with a catalyst driver? it'll load and run jerkily on the stock vista radeon driver dated august '06, but just black screens on any catalyst driver from ati's site up to and including 7.5. undoubtedly it's a driver problem as the game runs on xp/xp64/vista32, but i was wondering if anyone knew of a kludge... x1900xt, vista64...
August 6th 07 12:19 PM
by nonya a. nonymous Go to last post
1 266
I need help getting Sims2 to work with Vista? by ShelliB
I had no problem with installation, but the game crashes upon starting it. I have tried several things without success. I have tried running it XP compatibility mode and as administrator, I have updated it with the latest Sims 2 patch, I have updated my graphics card. Nothing works. I keep getting a message that something is not DirectX9 compatable. I don't know if you need to know this...
August 6th 07 05:54 AM
by Nick Go to last post
5 394
SIMS 2 by Toran
Hi, Just informing the SIMS2 work on Vista. SIMS 2 just asks to install an update. Works like charm. Greetings, Toran
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 6th 07 05:52 AM
by Nick Go to last post
14 641
Flight Sim X by G-Man
I purchased this back last fall when released. It crashed constantly. I put it on the shelf until today. I loaded it on my Notebook with Vista Ult. I then added the latest SP from Microsoft. The program disappeared form the Start menu. The only way to start it is to browse to the program folder and create a shortcut. Anyone else have this problem? I'm tempted to uninstall and...
August 6th 07 03:19 AM
by G-Man Go to last post
3 296
solitare by buick1
At the end of game when there are no more moves nothing happens. When I go to start a new game a window appears giving me options to quit game. Is this right? I don't remember previous versions of windows operating systems working that way.
August 5th 07 11:26 PM
by HomebrewDE Go to last post
3 266
Flight Simulator: Deluxe Edition by TSO
I have heard that FS:Deluxe has caused computer crashes and and even worse on some computers...I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this/experienced this/or otherwise. Thanks
August 5th 07 10:20 PM
by TSO Go to last post
6 325
Hold'em by Huston
How do I get rid of a saved game in Texas Hold'em? It is there everytime I start. I don't want to continue the same one over and over again...
August 5th 07 07:22 PM
by Frenchy Go to last post
3 256
Rainbow Six Vegas by Wolff818
I have gone through every forum and tech site I could find and cannot fix this problem: Game installed fine, patch 1.5 in. Get to to Multiplayer schreen, go to sign in (I have other UBI games that run fine) and it says "SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE"...I am not reaching the UBI game server. Things I have done: 1. Made sure the Windows firewall recognized the game exe files. 2. Running them as...
August 5th 07 04:56 PM
by Mark Maylon Go to last post
1 244
Lost Planet DX10 trail by Grae
Hi, Lost Planet - DirectX 10 Game Demo http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1639 I installed the trial on Vista64 Ultimate, but all I get is a message saying "This application has failed to start because d3dx10_33.dll was not found. Re-installing ....." It didn't obviously! Has anyone managed to get this demo working?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 5th 07 04:47 PM
by TiNTiN Go to last post
13 630
GRAW 2 by Mark Maylon
I have graw 2 and played the demo alot. When the full version came out I bought it and installed it on home premium. I have 2 nvidia 7900gs sli rig. I could do anythning in the game except play as most of yoy nvidia users had desribed. After spending alot of time messing with the nvida setting and such i relized it must be a driver issue. I went back and installed forceware 160.04 nvidia...
August 5th 07 04:46 PM
by Mark Maylon Go to last post
0 263
Delta Force Black Hawk Down by bobscg
When I try to load the game it gets to about 94 to 95% and stops. Has anybody else had this happen to them? What can I do to fix the problem?
August 5th 07 12:31 AM
by Noddy Go to last post
5 290
MBP 17 inch Problems with Windows Vista, and BF 2142 by HeavySausage
Hello! So I just have 2 little issues that bug the **** out of me. So my first issue is the microphone. If I go to close the lid of the MBP, I get feedback from the speakers, and microphone. Even though I have the microphone on mute for Vista, it doesn't mute the microphone all the way. If I Hook up a headphone to the output jack I can close the lid since it disables the MBP speakers.....
August 4th 07 04:00 PM
by Joan Go to last post
7 275
Battlefield 2 and X-fi setup problem by Annie R J Brion
In audio settings I cannot choose X-fi because it says my hardware is not compatible :( I can only choose Software or Hardware. I have my "Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic 7.1" set to games mode but this does not help. My on-board sound has been disabled in the BIOS. My drivers are up to date.
August 4th 07 03:08 PM
by Annie R J Brion Go to last post
3 275
Civilization IV by JerzyMarian
After instalation Patch_174 I can not run the game. Why? I had to uninstall the the game and install again. VISTA Ultimate 32 - polish, 2 GB Ram, ATI Radeon 1950 Xpro -- JerzyMarian
August 4th 07 12:42 PM
by JerzyMarian Go to last post
2 257
quake 4 by razor_303
i wanted to get quake 4 for my laptop with vista home premium, the windows games for windows game advisor said it's able to run it but i want to get second thoughts about this. my computers info is: Intel Core 2 Duo T5300 @ 1.73 Ghz 2038 Mb of RAM Vista Home Premium 32-bit
August 4th 07 12:03 PM
by Uncle D Go to last post
3 256
Diablo 2 mess up by lordCyris
hey im havin some serious problems, i got the new patch that should've worked, im running this game on home basic but when i enter any online matches i get a message saying my connection has been interupted, seems to be a constant problem with this operating system and the internet. for the love of all thats good help me
August 3rd 07 11:17 PM
by Zach Potter Go to last post

From The