Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Where can I download the games for Windows Vista? by zhang shuai
Hello every, I have Windows Vista Home Basic.I want to download some other games for Windows Vista,but I don't known where I can download.Could you tell me? Thank you very much!!!
July 31st 07 04:45 PM
by Andy [Ex-MSFT] Go to last post
1 303
downloading yahoo games by christine
I am unable to download any games from Yahoo games. I click on the link to download the game. The box shows that it is downloading. When it is finished I cannot find the game anywhere on my computer. The automatic set-up also does not start like it should to install the game on my computer. I checked in the temp file folder and searched for the game name. This happens on every game that I...
July 31st 07 11:47 AM
by Pooh-Man Go to last post
3 278
Mouse Wheel dont work in games by Tgustin83
I recently got a computer from Dell. My problem is that the mouse wheel doesnt work in games. It works in all other apps, but no matter what I do, it doesnt work in the games I try to play (first person shooters). I have it mapped correctly and everything. By default the MS wheel up & down are mapped to cycle through your inventory. So its already mapped to them, but if I try to go in...
July 31st 07 03:24 AM
by Pooh-Man Go to last post
1 267
Madcatz xbox to pc pad by Daimon
Hello! I just bought a gamepad from madcatz pc con 400 (which is a copy of xbox pad) and problem is, that my Vista don't recognize it as a game controller. Have you got any ideas what I can do?
July 30th 07 11:40 PM
by Ron K. Go to last post
2 264
Laptop reboots trying to play World of Warcraft by Punch_Buggy
Hi....I recently purchased an Acer Aspire 5610-2013 laptop,has Windows Vista Home Premium,32bit operating system,Mobile Inter(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family card.The other day I bought the game World of Warcraft,and after logging in to play the game,2 minutes into the game,the laptop reboots itself.I diagnosed the problem and it said "problem caused by Intel Graphics Driver".I disabled the...
July 30th 07 11:16 PM
by Punch_Buggy[_2_] Go to last post
3 313
Strike Ball 2 and Windows Vista by Joanne Stewart
I have a new computer with Windows Vista :( Problem is that I installed/bought Strike Ball 2 and it installed alright, but a window pops up and says I'm not allowed to play it because of "parental controls"...BUT, I do not have a password on parental controls, so that means that all is allowed? Right? or wrong? Please help me be able to play this game. -- Thank you
July 30th 07 09:56 PM
by Andy [Ex-MSFT] Go to last post
3 263
blue screen by Atilla
I am new at computer software. ı use Vista Business.. Especially when I use media player or 2-3 program mtogether blue screen appears and computer shut down.., I also couldnot find TV car proper for Vista..any ınf.. thanks..
July 30th 07 06:56 PM
by Atilla Go to last post
0 274
Call of Juarez - Direct X 10 version screen display by RiverDog
Running this game in Direct X 9 seems ok, but trying to run it under Direct X 10 is giving me problems. When it loads all I can see is the upper left hand side of the menu screen. I can't see the menu items on the right side to change the screen display. In other words the menu page is displayed too large for my screen resulting in me being able to see only part of it. What can I do to fix?...
July 30th 07 03:13 PM
by RiverDog Go to last post
0 278
Microsoft Mouse Tilt Wheel and Games by Steve Mavronis
I'm running Vista Ultimate and have the Microsoft Wireless Laser Desktop 6000 v2.0 mouse/keyboard duo. The Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 has a tilt wheel feature for horizontal scrolling. I reset the scroll wheel to also act as a middle click button. I play the Unreal Tournament 2004 first person shooter and use the middle wheel button for alternate weapon fire mode. The problem is it is...
July 30th 07 01:33 AM
by Steve Mavronis Go to last post
1 244
Battlefield patch by max power
When I try to install patvh 1.41, for Battlefield 2 it fails, the people at EA do not know how to fix this. After trying to install it, the game crashes back to the desktop after a back screen when I try to play a game. help?
July 30th 07 12:52 AM
by max power Go to last post
0 243
Minesweeper locks up by BekahsMom
I know others have posted help about how to fix the problems with Minesweeper locking up during the game on Vista. I can't figure out what they're saying. Can someone give me simple and clear directions to fix this? My husband loves this game, but he knows even less than I do about computers. Thanks
July 29th 07 11:40 PM
by BekahsMom Go to last post
2 226
Vista games to XP? by Merle
Hi: Hope somebody can enlighten me. My question is: If I copy Chess Titans from my Vista machine can I install it on my XP machine, and make it work? I just copied it to my desk top and It will not work. error says it is not a valid win 32 app. Is there a way to make it work? If so How? I am technically challenged you see.
July 29th 07 03:41 PM
by Revolt Go to last post
3 267
direct3d problems (video card?) by PStrathie
i have an intel video card. from looking at some of these entries it seems my video card may not support directx 10. is this the case? should i get a different video card or wait for intel to get onboard???
July 28th 07 04:12 PM
by Marjay Go to last post
2 242
The Sims2 expansion packs help me please by croy1007
I have just purchased a new pc and have installed The Sims2 plus all expansion packs only to have an error message come up saying to Insert correct CD-Rom in drive and restart when I go to play. I have changed the compatability mode to windows xp, have checked to make sure the disks are all good. I have uninstalled it all and then started one by one again. I can install up to Nightlife...
July 28th 07 09:31 AM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
2 285
Where's the games??? by Chris
whenever i get into the games explorer folder there are no games??? Howcome? Please help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 28th 07 05:12 AM
by Ken Go to last post
11 446
Running both Maplestory and Nameless Ragnarok Online by Kirmih
I have a few games on my computer. World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Trickster Online, and Maplestory and NLRO(Nameless Ragnarok Online). All of my other games work very well. They do their whole patch thing if patch has been issued and then start the game. Not maplestory or NLRO... it started last night when maplestory didn't start... it pulled up the patch and news and when I clicked play it...
July 28th 07 12:26 AM
by Kirmih Go to last post
0 254
games crashing by bear
i have recently bought a few games to be used on my new pc. But for some reason the games keep crashing, Saying "an error has caused the programe to close and windows will let me what the problem is" but i never get any reply`s. i check problem reports and solutions on the control panel but nothing. any help anyone, please Video card: nvidia geforce 8800gt sound card:X-Fi Extreme gamer sound...
July 27th 07 08:04 PM
by motarola2[_4_] Go to last post
8 283
Vista and Everquest 1 by Fiddlebo
Got my new PC with VISTA yesterday. I was really happy untili I tried to run EQ1 and cant get past the patch screen. I have updated DX files. I have set the properties to run in administrator mode and set it to run in Winxp SP2. Here is my system info: Gateway FX530QS Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU @2.4Ghz 2.39 Ghz 2045 MB RAM VISTA Home Premium 32 Bit OS
July 26th 07 03:21 PM
by Andy [Ex-MSFT] Go to last post
1 289
Can I (and how to) install games from Windows 2000 to Vista by JFW
I have a new computer with Vista os. I would like to keep some games as they are in my Windows 2000 computer. Can I install them in Vista and, if so, how????? TIA for any help.
July 26th 07 02:48 PM
by JFW Go to last post
2 245
unable to create direct3d device error by PStrathie
i'm trying to load medieval lords on my new computer, and keep getting this error. here are what i think are my system specs.Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000) (6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: GATEWAY System Model: GT5404 BIOS: Default System BIOS Processor:...
July 25th 07 06:01 PM
by Andy [Ex-MSFT] Go to last post

From The