Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
direct3d problems by PStrathie
when i try to launch some games on my system(VISTA), it gives me an "unable to create direct3d device". is there a way around this??
July 25th 07 05:17 PM
by Andy [Ex-MSFT] Go to last post
3 277
games on vista by MASS_KiLleR57
hi there, i was jus wonderin if a game i have would play on windows vista, i believe it is from 2005 but im not sure, it's called Guild Wars. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
July 25th 07 05:16 PM
by Andy [Ex-MSFT] Go to last post
3 263
Vista Games by kysuzie
OK, games are the least of my worries. But I can't help wondering why the games that "Help and Support" insists exist on this computer don't launch when I click "Click here to launch". I'm running Vista Ultimate (Microsoft upgrade) on a Dell E1705 laptop. I apparently don't even have plain jane Solitaire . . . can't say I'm surprised, because EVERYTHING so far has been a struggle,...
July 25th 07 04:43 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
3 270
SFV files and Vista 64 by Marjay
What are you guys using for SFV checking if you are running Vista 64. Quick SFV is a 16 bit app and will not install on Vista 64. Any help will be appreciated...
July 24th 07 11:44 PM
by Marjay Go to last post
0 228
FEAR & Extraction Point by Fassin Taak[_2_]
I recently up-graded to Vista Home Premium. I want to download FEAR & Extraction Point. A box appears telling me that it is going to download DirectX 9. If I click OK, will this affect Vista/DirectX 10? Is it going to clash with DirectX 10? I am asking the community because I haven't found someone who can answer this. Thanx.
July 24th 07 11:27 PM
by Andy [Ex-MSFT] Go to last post
4 244
Sun Java by tcounsel
I have sun java, this did not bring up the whole game page.
July 24th 07 08:49 PM
by Andy Go to last post
1 226
Graphics Driver has stopped responding by MGbassace
I have been running Vista for several months now and so far all has been good, Upto now!!. For some reason all of a sudden my games keep freezing up, If i quickly ctrl alt del then cancel the window asking if i want to start task manager the games start running again as normal. If i leave the freezed game it will eventually crash to desktop stating that the graphics Driver has stopped...
July 24th 07 06:12 PM
by Robert Frost Go to last post
4 249
Ghost Recon AW2 by phypps
Anybody got this running correctly on 64 bit Vista ? If not I won't waste my time looking for a fix thats not there. But if you have that will at least tell me that it is possible and to keep trying. (Quad 6700, 4Gb, 8800GTX, Xi-Fi, etc) Vista Ultimate x64 All the menus, videos, intros, etc are fine. Starting an actual mission just results in total screen garabage.
July 24th 07 10:24 AM
by phypps Go to last post
0 230
What games does Vista Enterprise include? by Chocoholic
I would like to know if Vista Enterprise includes the Mahjong Tiles game that comes with Ultimate and Home Premium?
July 24th 07 05:37 AM
by Jane C Go to last post
1 224
Superfetch , performance and some games by Rob
I read this in a game forums and tried it , Turning this feature off improved my gameplay in BF2/BF2142 in ways I can't even explain , they feel as good as when run in XP. I wonder if MS coud somehow add a feature to shortcut "Compatibility" tabs to make it easier to have this turn off when certian games are run? Would it cause problems I wonder? And (if anyone knows) what if any effect...
July 24th 07 03:30 AM
by Rob Go to last post
0 231
MP3 by Larry
My children are wanting to purchase an MP3 and I don't know a lot about them. I am getting conflicting information about which MP3 players work well with Vista. Are downloads required to get it running or does Vista recognize the MP3? Thx L
July 23rd 07 06:45 PM
by Andy Go to last post
4 448
DirectX 10 by fastback
is vista 32 bit home premium have or is it capable of directX 10
July 23rd 07 04:37 PM
by Andy Go to last post
7 269
A game formated for DOS on Vista? by Sean
I'll be the first one to claim I'm not tech savvy but I was wondering if anyone new about MS DOS games from the 90's on the vista system. I have an old game, kknd (a game like command and conquer) which was capable with the prior systems., it seems not vista though. Every time I attempt to load it, it gives me a DOS screen and then ask's me to press yes or no. But I can't respond to the...
July 23rd 07 04:34 PM
by Andy Go to last post
2 249
any game site by tcounsel
Most game sites today have chats and other options on the bottom of the game. Every time I down load this internet 7 it shortens the game page where I have no chat or game buttons. Why? And how do I solve this? If I cant I will uninstall again. Then I have this addon thing that comes up constantly , where the 7 takes care of that. Any sugestions? HELP!!!
July 23rd 07 04:30 PM
by IceHockeyJason Go to last post
1 228
CMD Prompt Type Games by bottdavid
When I try to play some of the older original, Windows 3.x type games, such as Castle of the Winds, all I ever get is a "This system does not support full screen mode." Anyone know whats up?
July 23rd 07 04:24 PM
by IceHockeyJason Go to last post
2 259
ATI Radeon Xpress1270 256MB Hypermemory by TSO
Hey, I just ordered a new laptop and I am looking at some games for it. I was looking over the minimum sytem requirements for games such as Battlefield 2 and Flight Simlulator X: Deluxe Edition. I do not know wheter or not my graphics card is good enough. I have ATi Radeon Xpress1270 256MB Hypermemory. For Flight Simulator X it says that I need ATI Radeon 9500 Series or better. Will mine...
July 23rd 07 03:36 PM
by Andy Go to last post
3 500
Graphical corruption in fullscreen games by Druidika
I am using the most recent Vista 32bit drivers available from nvidia.com for my 7800GT. Games running in windowed mode seem to run fine generally (Guild Wars and Company of Heroes are the games I tested), but whenever I switch to fullscreen mode, the whole screen is obscured by graphical artifacts which I didn't get in the Pre-RC1 build using the same drivers. Unfortunately I can't seem to...
July 23rd 07 03:30 PM
by Andy Go to last post
5 463
Vista Installed games missing by kingcole
I have Vista premium installed on my PC and one day my Vista installed games i.e. frecell, spider, etc. are now missing from the games explorer and wont run from the start menu. i get two different errors depending on the game: it sais " ".exe has stopped working and it begins looking for a solution, the other sais " ".exe is not a working win32 app. I have tried turning off the games and...
July 23rd 07 03:22 PM
by Andy Go to last post
5 302
Game Launcher error and games not saving by maxinemdk
I have encountered numerours game problems with Vista. The worst that I've had so far is that the game installed does not even launch! This concerns Pogo downloaded games Fairy Godmother Tycoon and Lottso Deluxe. I have contacted Pogo and they ran their Easyinfo V2 software to see what causes the error and it was determined that it was my Norton 360 (specifically lowering the security...
July 22nd 07 07:32 PM
by maxinemdk Go to last post
0 261
Is there a "cheat" for freecell? by Marjay
There was a cheat for the old freecell (shift+Crtl+F10) to win the game if you were stuck. Anyone have one for the new one?
July 21st 07 09:40 PM
by Frenchy Go to last post

From The