Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
big fish games help by niteowls23
hi im new to vista and have been trying to download games from bigfishgames.com but everytime i do download a game or a trial it just stops half way and disappears. any help will be great. thanks. mark.
July 21st 07 09:43 AM
by Marjay Go to last post
2 254
Vista Busines games stopped working by Roger Bayer
All of a sudden I cannot execute Freecell and Solitare. I double click in their icons, get a brief wait indicator, then that's it. I am back to where I started. I went into the control panel then programs & features and turned games off and back on. That had no effect. I also tried rebooting. Your help is appreciated. -- Roger Bayer 301-934-3925
July 21st 07 06:33 AM
by Si Go to last post
2 253
Call of Duty Slight lag by K-Billy
I have all CoD games and CoD 2 works fine. My CoD and UO play online but every 2 or 3 seconds I stop when I am running. Also on some servers my radar and weapon selection bar have gone. On my own server everything is sweet if I stop Apple/iPod and iTunes application processes in task manager. But else where I either have the lag and no radar or radar but lag. Any ideas. cheers
July 21st 07 04:24 AM
by IceHockeyJason Go to last post
1 267
Will Halo 2 Work on Windows Vista Basic Edition ? by ocelot20
Hello i want to upgrade my laptop to Vista and i can only afford Windows Vista Basic Edition. I am only upgrading my laptop so i can play games for windows. I have a xbox live gametag so if i upgrade to windows vista basic edition. Will i be able to play Halo 2 vista with my Gametag and get achievements and stuff?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 20th 07 05:09 PM
by Andy Go to last post
11 506
RED BARON 3D by ilver belletti
Do you know a way to run Red Baron 3D on Windows Vista home edition 32 bit? I have tried the available emulations 95, 98/Me without success. Best Regards Ilver Belletti
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 20th 07 05:03 PM
by Andy Go to last post
11 450
Random game crashes by Ryzor
Hello all. ive just got my pc back from having the ram replaced, and i am now unable to play games (a shame since the primary use of this computer is gaming...). Between 5 and 30 mins after starting playing, I either get system feezes (no info in the vent viewer), bluescreen errors (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS-OR_EQUAL), or a message box saying "{game} has stopped working...
July 20th 07 04:58 PM
by Andy Go to last post
8 258
interference messing with my games by Danielz
I am having trouble while playing a video game on my new computer I just upgraded to vista and when I play my games, I get strange interference. The interference looks sort of like an old T.V. when somone is messing with the antena. I am also getting messages that says "Display driver stopped working and has been fixed" I'd like to stop these problems as soon as possible.
July 20th 07 04:54 PM
by Andy Go to last post
8 338
Halo 2 won't play by Mera65
Okay i have had this comp for 3 days now, i have all the updates and all the min and max for running this game. I load the game up and i can't get anymore than about 45 seconds into the main menu when it tells me there is a prob and shut me out. I have reinstalled but it still does the same thing. I can hardly get to the setting screen on the main window b/c it is so choppy.
July 20th 07 06:04 AM
by Keyser SoZe Go to last post
4 273
Hearts Name problem by EZ
-- Eddie
July 19th 07 10:58 PM
by EZ Go to last post
0 211
trouble when in POGO by mirmir
when ever I play in POGO I have to keep going to tools and click the work offline to get into the next room
July 19th 07 09:48 PM
by Andy Go to last post
1 214
World of Warcraft Leveling Tips. by scott
Hey, what's up? http://www.ourated.com/WorldofWarcraftHordeLevelingGuide/WOWGuidetoLeveling.php Welcome to Ourated's World of Warcraft Leveling Guide stratics, hints, and tips newsline! Hopefully, the leveling tips and hints you'll find here will help you completely dominate your WoW Game, whether you're grinding for XP, playing in Battlegrounds, or doing quests! I've been
July 19th 07 05:24 AM
by scott Go to last post
0 234
Built In Games Stopped Working by Si
I have been using Vista Home Premium for some time now and as of today the built in games, with the exception of InkBall, will not start. I double click on the icons and noting happens. I usually play them all when I'm having my lunch and have been doing so ever since Vista was released but I have no clue as to why they have stopped working. I have not installed anything and my PC is virus...
July 19th 07 05:17 AM
by Si Go to last post
0 199
Quick SFV by [email protected]
I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 bit and I need an SFV program to check files but Quick SFV is a 16 bit program which will not run on Vista 64. Anyone have any ideas what to do??? thanks, Rich
July 19th 07 01:59 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 206
Games not working on my vista basic by edward gador
Does anyone know why some games that used to run on Win XP simply don't run on Vista Home Basic? Some examples include BigFish games such as Mystery Case Files and Sierra's Homeworld 2.
July 18th 07 04:20 PM
by niteowls23 Go to last post
2 212
~~~~~~~~~~~~~buy cheap WOW gold^_^~~~~~~~~~~ by boss1
Be a professional World of Warcraft Gold Store, We supply the World of Warcraft Gold (WOW Gold) all servers, include EU and US Realms. And We also supply the services of World of Warcraft Power Leveling. Not only this, We will provide the items and other gaming services Recently. Let's Looking forward it. Actually, it haven't any World of Warcraft cheat, and it may cause the banned of accounts....
July 18th 07 09:56 AM
by boss1 Go to last post
0 210
halo2 for windows vista by Matthew
i have halo2 for my computer. when i try to play it it says that their is not of stuff to run the program.
July 18th 07 05:30 AM
by Chuck Go to last post
4 229
World Of Warcraft by Ethan
I just bought this computer, hoping it would would run WoW nicely, the specs looked fine, and they met the standards for WoW, but when i started playing it was running at about 2-5 frames per-second. I lowered all the Video options which sya lowereing will increase performance, but it still runs at 2-5fps. Help!
July 18th 07 05:26 AM
by Chuck Go to last post
3 279
Solitaire by bchapin
Solitaire does not respond to the "don't save button". It always saves the game. Any ideas as to how to correct this problem?. Thanks, -- bchapin
July 18th 07 01:58 AM
by bchapin Go to last post
2 232
Microsoft Flight Simulator X side-by-side configuration error by Eddie
So I upgraded to Vista and it sure is pretty. But of course it won't work with my Flight Sim X. It DID work on XP, but since I have upgraded I get this error The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Can someone please help me fix this. I have unistalled it and reinstalled it. That did not do it.
July 18th 07 12:46 AM
by sqeeky Go to last post
5 243
Games Tweakes and missing details by DarkHades
Well i got a problem with most of my games that i own there usally tweakes, black spots, and missing details. When i runned XP all worked fine now the only game that work fine on my is Warcraft III and Doom 3 here are my parts of my computer. Video Card:NVIDIA Geforce 6600 GT Overclocked (version 7.15.0011.5824)(latest) Sound Card:Realtek AC'97 CPU(Processor) Intel Pentium 4 3.00...
July 17th 07 11:19 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post

From The