Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Removing a Patch by Hammad Salloo
I installed a game on my Windows Vista PC and I downloaded a patch for it. However, I don't like the patch but I can't seem to locate where it is on my PC, therefore I can't remove it. I uninstalled the game and installed it again and again the patched game loaded. How can I find out where it is on my PC?
June 28th 07 07:22 AM
by Necunoscut Go to last post
1 321
Chess Titans Draw BUG - ERROR by Juliano Caldeira
Well, When we have a queen and 2 towers breaking the computer king we dont have a DRAW... Its a check mate... but.. Chess Titans says : "draw" When it occurs 1 time, its ok. But 3 times in a week its ridiculous. ThereĀ“s an algorithm error. Anybody know about how to solve this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 28th 07 12:36 AM
by Juliano Caldeira Go to last post
10 509
Quake 2 and missing crosshairs by dgoodrie
I installed VISTA HOME Premium and then Quake 2. Now I don't have crosshairs in Quake 2 and I have tried all three options for different types of crosshairs. The red angle crosshair shows a very small, many 1 pixel, red dot. I don't know if it's a video driver and/or Directx issue. I am running on a Dell 6000 with 2gb and with the Intel internal video card (915/910 chip set) My screen...
June 27th 07 06:04 PM
by dgoodrie Go to last post
4 274
Administator rights by Ellabrettace
Hi, some games on my computer won't run because it says i need administrator status, however i am already on the administrator account, while other games will run fine. Also when i have a program open such as media player, and i want to change a file type in the music folder for example it won't let me because it says i need administrator status, however i already am on the administator...
June 27th 07 02:42 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 272
Vista doesnt recognise Xbox 360 Controller by CalabusDabus
Well, I recently bought Halo2 PC, and I was trying to get my 360 to work on PC. I downloaded the 32 bit drivers, and it does nothing. Any clue as to how I would get Vista to recognise that the drivers are already installed?
June 27th 07 01:24 PM
by Dave Cox Go to last post
2 247
Shortcuts by DrDink
My question is this, on my game short cuts on my desktop I have a little windows shield symbol and I would like to know what this means???
June 27th 07 12:55 PM
by Annie R J Brion Go to last post
3 262
BFME2 Game Help by TallGuy
whenever i try to download the update patch i get a message saying i have to be on a adminstative account even though i am on one, how can i fix this?
June 27th 07 10:34 AM
by KARNAK Go to last post
3 281
Bfme2 Patch Problem by TallGuy
everytime i try to download an update patch i get a message saying that i need to be on an administrative account even though i am on one
June 27th 07 02:32 AM
by TallGuy Go to last post
0 267
Problems running a game with Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Chipset Family by Bri
There's a game called The Lounge. I got a new laptop yesterday with Vista on it. On my old computer which had XP I was able to run the game just fine but with Intel all of the graphics are messed up. There's a lot of missing and flashing things going on. I've spoke to people from Sony and they just told me to upgrade my driver. I did do that and it's still not working
June 27th 07 12:14 AM
by Bri Go to last post
0 242
Runaway 2 on vista help by Jennifer Drew
I cannot get this game to run on my new computer. It works on my old one fine! It downloads and all but when you click on the icon to run the game a message pops up saying problems with the drive draw try to reinstall directx so I did and still nothing
June 26th 07 08:52 PM
by bioheavy Go to last post
3 261
Hal0 2 & 64bit Vista by Alfred Kaufmann
Should Halo 2 for Vista work on Vista Home Premium 64bit? The package says "For Vista" and another labels says "Halo 2 PC 32-Bit Vista. I asked the store clerk and was told, "It should work but it is not optimized for 64bit." It installed, screwed up my sound so I looked for and update. After installed the first update I got the BLUE screen of death. I uninstalled Halo 2 and did a system...
June 26th 07 07:31 PM
by Alfred Kaufmann Go to last post
5 296
MGS 2 Substance On Vista by Eds
Hi there, i have an inspiron 6400: intel core solo T1350 @ 1.86Ghz 1024MB Ram 7200Rpm Sata HDD Molbility X1300 Graphics Card and Vista Ulitmate My problem is one that all too many people have had, whereby the game will not load, it just goes to a black screen, and then doesnt do anything, the
June 26th 07 05:34 PM
by Eds Go to last post
0 206
spider solitaire by William Powell
The spider game wouldn't come up....looked for it with Windows search and got this message every time: Windows Explorer has stopped working. WOW what an improvement over DOS 2.1...eh?
June 26th 07 04:02 PM
by William Powell Go to last post
0 224
a few thoughts on Lost Planet and DX10 by phypps
Having looked at the DX10 demo version of Lost Planet I am in very mixed feelings. I am in one sense discouraged and yet in another quite encouraged (bear with me) I ran the demo on the following machine (not quite the absolute fastest thing you can get but its well up there): QX6700 quad processor, 4Gb Ram, 750Gb HD, 8800GTX (only one !), XiFi Fatality Champion, 24" Dell 2407WFP, Vista...
June 26th 07 01:58 PM
by phypps Go to last post
0 222
I want to play spades by Momzie
Well I went and bought me a window vista to help me better do some of my class work on and hopefully for work later on. But, in my spare time I love to play spades in the one site that I've played at for over 10 years. The site is in Hoyle, and its a league called Magical (social room 3). Someone PLEASE help me, I sure wanted to play this evening and I have NO idea why it will not let me in...
June 26th 07 10:16 AM
by Mac Go to last post
1 228
Monitor powers down? by Pantho
Hi, My monitor powers down during some games. I dont run many new games. But the only 2 i have ran are. Tiberium Wars C&C 3 And a Beta Fury, MMORPG Unreal 3 engine. Roughly 20minutes into a game my Monitor will go into standby. and the only way to solve this is to reboot my PC. Full Power off. My Idle monitor off timer was 20minutes. But ive even turned this off. Set
June 26th 07 06:07 AM
by Pantho Go to last post
8 231
Window keeps popping up while playing game by Sandy
While playing a downloaded game (Tile Quest) a window keeps popping up in the center of the screen with this message: "For Best Picture Quality Change Resolution to 1280x1024" 1. Clear Message 2. Disable Message This message stays for a few seconds, goes away for a few seconds and does this for the entire time you play the game. My resolution is already set at 1280x1024! When you press #2 on...
June 26th 07 02:34 AM
by Ian Powell Go to last post
3 245
need vista games! by I'ecus
I installed vista enterprise on my wifes pc and it barely has any games and they took away her solitaire. Can MS games be added and if so where can I get them? I checked google and MS and I keep getting links w/ no answers. I'ecus W
June 26th 07 01:18 AM
by I'ecus Go to last post
2 212
Question for those running 64bit Vista ... by Bret Butcher
Bret Butcher wrote: I took the plunge and moved to the 64 bit version of vista. I've found drivers for all of my hardware but am running into errors while installing some other programs like 3dmark, pcmark etc. I even get the error when trying to install the MS office 2007 compatibility pack for the word/excell viewers. The pgms are trying to install the C++ 2005 redist (x86) which...
June 25th 07 11:10 PM
by Nonymous Go to last post
4 218
Halo 2 requests original install disk randomly. by RiverDog
This is getting frustrating. I play Halo 2 for a while and then it will ask for the original disk. Well, the disk is in the DVD drive! If I answer yes then it restarts the game at the last checkpoint, maybe, or it might start me back where I started playing the game that session. That could me 2 hours of game play to do over again. Why is this happening and what can I do about it? RiverDog.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 25th 07 06:04 PM
by RiverDog Go to last post

From The