Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vista Games gone by Orangeesh
Basically theyve been deleted and I want them back.:huh: Does anyone know how to get them back? I still have 'games explorer' but when i open i get the pictures of games but i cant play them, i double click and nothing happens. Ive taken screenshot of right cick. Im sure there used to be a play button lol.
July 16th 09 10:36 PM
by Orangeesh Go to last post
0 300
Graphics card problem when playing games? by Breanna15
Hello guys! Need your help! I have the PNY Geforce 9600 gt graphics card. When i play WoW, my FPS constantly changes from between 1 fps and 60 fps. one second it will be 60 and the next second it will be 7, and other times the game just freezes for seconds at a time. is there something wrong with my graphics card? did i install it incorrectly? im really annoted cuz i know this is a good card but...
July 16th 09 02:08 AM
by Breanna15 Go to last post
0 298
Graphics card problem when playing games? by Breanna15
Hello guys! Need your help! I have the PNY Geforce 9600 gt graphics card. When i play WoW, my FPS constantly changes from between 1 fps and 60 fps. one second it will be 60 and the next second it will be 7, and other times the game just freezes for seconds at a time. is there something wrong with my graphics card? did i install it incorrectly? im really annoted cuz i know this is a good card but...
July 16th 09 02:08 AM
by Breanna15 Go to last post
0 365
Halo 2 Installs then crashes during startup by BruDe
I had to re-install Halo 2 when I rebuilt my computer. I've had to re-install several times before I received an installation complete message, but no desktop icons were installed so I tried running it from startup.exe on the DVD, then from the harddisk when that didn't work. Both times, the Microsoft and Bungie into movies were strobing, then as soon as it reaches the next screen, "Online...
July 15th 09 07:42 PM
by BruDe Go to last post
4 431
Halo 2 Installs then crashes during startup by BruDe
I had to re-install Halo 2 when I rebuilt my computer. I've had to re-install several times before I received an installation complete message, but no desktop icons were installed so I tried running it from startup.exe on the DVD, then from the harddisk when that didn't work. Both times, the Microsoft and Bungie into movies were strobing, then as soon as it reaches the next screen, "Online...
July 15th 09 02:36 PM
by BruDe Go to last post
0 256
World of Warcraft in Vista by Nic32
Hello, I have my WoW installed on a separate partition, b/c I thought this would speed it up (something about the computer not having to look through ALL of its memory during game play). However, whenever my computer does ANYTHING else, I experience a 5-10 second lag in game play. I have a 2 Ghz dual processor and over 200 gigs of space on my main drive (the WoW drive has 15/30 gigs being used...
July 15th 09 12:03 AM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
2 352
World of Warcraft in Vista by Nic32
Hello, I have my WoW installed on a separate partition, b/c I thought this would speed it up (something about the computer not having to look through ALL of its memory during game play). However, whenever my computer does ANYTHING else, I experience a 5-10 second lag in game play. I have a 2 Ghz dual processor and over 200 gigs of space on my main drive (the WoW drive has 15/30 gigs being used...
July 14th 09 04:57 PM
by Nic32 Go to last post
0 253
Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit by Proxa
Hello, i'm a huge call of duty fan. but whenever i install Call of Duty 1 or it's expansion pack it shows no problem. but when I start it up, there is no text E.g : new game, multiplayer, options, it's not there. Does anyone know what this may be causing, i've looked for a couple of days before posting this.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 09 04:02 PM
by Spidermask Go to last post
18 596
medieval 2 total war by Johnathonm
Hi Guys, I'm trying to run Medieval 2 total war on my Vista 64 box. When I go to launch the game I get the error "This application has failed to start because d3dx9_30.dll was not fould. Re-installing the application my fix the problem". I have tried setting the app to run in compatibility mode (xp sp2, 2k) however, to no avail. This is the only game in which I've had this type of error...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 13th 09 02:12 PM
by Superquin5 Go to last post
15 754
I'm a new user and i really want to know, why do games just NOT work with Vista..? by Asteroth
I'm a pretty new user to this forum, and i joined mainly for one reason. I need an answer, why does Vista ruin so many great games. After playing several games, some old some new, I can only notice one consistent theme..issues with my games. While some issues may be attributed to games themselves, i am however finding a very aggravating connection between my new laptop and vista and a huge jump...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 12th 09 09:52 AM
by LegendsOfBatman[_3_] Go to last post
32 1,673
Call of Duty 1 & Vista Home premium 32bit by Proxa
Hello, i'm a huge call of duty fan. but whenever i install Call of Duty 1 or it's expansion pack it shows no problem. but when I start it up, there is no text E.g : new game, multiplayer, options, it's not there. Does anyone know what this may be causing, i've looked for a couple of days before posting this.
July 11th 09 11:34 AM
by Proxa Go to last post
0 409
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 12:53 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 321
seksi djevojka by Pella
July 11th 09 12:53 AM
by Pella Go to last post
0 365
minesweeper bug? by David K[_2_]
Hi Does anyone know about a possible minesweeper bug? It seems to reject mines when I can see no other possibility. I can send a screensave if anyone is interested. David K melbourne.au
July 10th 09 10:09 PM
by David K[_2_] Go to last post
0 259
Vista and Combat Flight Simulator 3 by Wayne
There is something very clever going on in this OS. CFS3 on this hardware under XP ran at perhaps 30fps but with some stuttering. Under Vista it is 60fps+ with everything maxed and smooth as a babies bottom. If anyone has this sim gathering dust in a cupboard it is well worth dusting off and trying again.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 9th 09 10:19 PM
by wak12713 Go to last post
10 748
Playing Lego Racers on Vista by Boomer[_2_]
I asked a question "Has anyone had success playing Lego Racers on Vista?" I recieved a response from James29 saying "It works in xp sp2 compatablity mode on both 1 and 2". Unfortunately, I'm not real computer savvy and do not know anything about Vista's xp sp2 compatibility mode. I tried to look for it on windows help, but could not find it. Can more information be provided. Thanks. --...
July 9th 09 07:20 AM
by Flamingus Go to last post
3 411
AGE II: Conquerors Lan Play by Don Purvis
Does anyone have a way to allow AgeII: Conquerors to run multiplayer? I can't host or connect to a lan game with a Vista computer. It appears to time out. When connecting to a different computer hosting the game, it will show up on the screen as the player name on the hosting computer but any selection for team and race won't show. After a while, it says it could not join. So far, I...
July 8th 09 09:30 AM
by Gamespotter Go to last post
6 391
Age of Empires: Conquerors and Vista by Don Purvis
Does anyone have a way to allow AgeII: Conquerors to run multiplayer? I can't host or connect to a lan game with a Vista computer. It appears to time out. When connecting to a different computer hosting the game, it will show up on the screen as the player name on the hosting computer but any selection for team and race won't show. After a while, it says it could not join. It appears to...
July 8th 09 09:29 AM
by Gamespotter Go to last post
6 397
Halo 2 For Windows Vista Crashing by bryanhbell
At seemingly random intervals during gameplay, Halo 2 will crash. I receive the following error details: Problem: Stopped working Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: halo2.exe Application Version: 1.0.0.11122 Application Timestamp: 46d3153c
July 7th 09 01:47 PM
by bryanhbell Go to last post
0 319
Built-in vista games have a saved game bug by Will Pittenger
Any time Mahjongg Titan sees a saved game, it offers to resume play. The problem is that the program forgets to delete the saved game (or even update it). So every time you start the program until you save a new game by exiting the program, it wants you to replay that game. After a while, you start remembering the game and don't want to play it. But you can't just start a new game as that...
July 7th 09 06:35 AM
by Will Pittenger Go to last post

From The