Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Heroes 3 dont work stable by Alexey
Heroes of Might & Magic 3 don't work stable and often crash. Plus windowed mode of Heroes 3 is working incorrectly - window is bigger than must be. Is there some tips to check some properties to force this game to work right?
October 14th 06 03:46 PM
by Alexey Go to last post
0 551
List of Games that work on Windows Vista by Larry
Links 2003 works if you play offline. I can't play online at all. When I try to host a game, my playing partner gets a connection failed error and if I join his game, I can get in, but the game crashed as soon as he hit the Play button. "Joshua" wrote: I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of...
October 14th 06 01:06 PM
by Larry Go to last post
0 535
errors by Hawk
alright there are several games that I load that need to get a list from online. I keep getting these error codes: Class: cSystem Function: CmnGetHDData() Description: Illegal Platform (does not matter what compatability mood I run it in) Other descriptions: Error on CreateFile
October 14th 06 04:20 AM
by Hawk Go to last post
0 596
List of Games that work on Windows Vista by Hawk
The installer on most games crashes or throws errors and locks up, has to do with program allowance in Vista and IE7. I got: John Deere American Farmer John Deere Construction Zoo Tycoon 1 and 2 Fish Tycoon Ultima online AOS/7th/ML
October 14th 06 03:58 AM
by Hawk Go to last post
0 544
Halo by Dude
how do i get halo to run on rc1
October 13th 06 06:12 PM
by Cy!on Go to last post
1 696
Star Wars Galaxies run on Rc2? by Isaac \Pliqui\ Abouganem
I used to play Star Wars Galaxies and i just installed it and currently downloading the patches (around 30hrs of download) but i want to know if any one tried it on RC2 Thx
October 13th 06 04:35 PM
by Isaac \Pliqui\ Abouganem Go to last post
2 536
any experience this?? by Dark Fact
I went to install, yes the legit version, of RPG Maker XP. However, all Vista wants to do is **** and moan about the security?! It's a fricking setup. Just run the damned thing, can I turn of the security that overly protects against even microsoft made setup.exe, msi, etc. I cant load nothing cause it takes over 2 hours admin privilaging the files it uses to setup with. Jees MS overall I am...
October 13th 06 09:42 AM
by Terje Alexander Barth Go to last post
1 586
XP games to Vista by Botleyboy
Yes HOWEVER I own the following games for my pc and i own the windows vista home premium: Sims 2: Works fine when compatabillity set to run as admin and XP " " " " " University: Same Applies " " " " " Night Life: Same Applies " " " " " Open for Bussiness: Same Applies Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition: Works fine when set to run as an admin Micrsoft Flight Simulator 2004: Works fine Age of Mythology:...
October 12th 06 05:56 PM
by Botleyboy Go to last post
0 527
XP games to Vista by Ренат
"Andre" wrote: Games which to use OpenGL libraries WILL NOT play on Vista. The Vista recognize DirectX games ONLY. Doom 3, Quake 4, Pray and so on are NOT Vista compatible. "AshT93" Notts wrote in message
October 12th 06 05:02 PM
by Ренат Go to last post
0 511
Saved Games (Chess For Example) by K Norton
I cannot seem to find a way of removing saved games. Everytime I start to play Chess Titan it asks me about a previous saved game. ARGGGH! Perhaps I'm blind, but I cannot seem to find the option to delete the saved game. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
October 12th 06 02:52 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 503
F.E.A.R by will_s
Does this work on Vista ?
October 12th 06 02:00 PM
by will_s Go to last post
4 726
Flight Simulator X Demo by hi-techgear
Has anyone successfully installed Flight Sim X Demo on Vista 64 Bit? It starts installing and then I get a 1932 error code.
October 11th 06 06:35 PM
by Medico Go to last post
1 565
Using Non Vista Beta Drivers from Nvidia?? GRAW by DiamondBack
Can i use the Non Vista Beta Drives from Nvida,cause those drives are just sucking really bad..I'm running the Vista 64Bit and would like to run the XP Drivers from Nvidia is that possible?? Use to be able to on the older builds before the RC1 you could install the XP drives on Vista..I was trying to play GRAW (Ghost Recon Advanced WarFighter) and its just laggy with those Vista Beta...
October 11th 06 12:54 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 522
Can I copy Vista games to XP ? by Harald Andersen
My wife noticed some of the new games in Vista, and asked me if she could play them on her XP rig. I tried to just copy them, via an USB stick, into her HD. When i tried to start any of the .EXE's from her XP, I was told the file was not a valid Win32 executable.... Have anyone else tried something like this, and can tell me how to "fix" it, besides installing Vista on her computer ?
October 10th 06 01:48 PM
by Harald Andersen Go to last post
3 507
Battlefield 2 a little slower than 5728 RC1 by ComputersXP
Hiya i got Rc2 5744 installed , when to play battlefield 2 and it was o.k on foot but as soon i went into a vechile it lagged and it eat my system memory is there anyway i can tweak vista to dump my memory every 20 - 30mins so then the game wont crash Thanks John all other games are fine , just battlefield 2 !!!
October 10th 06 12:59 PM
by marmo Go to last post
4 524
directx 9.0b by Treefingers
Fix for Silkroad posted he http://www.silkroadforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=188052 It replaces the silkroad.exe with one that doesn't validate directx. Worked perfectly for me!!! "manaboy1" wrote: how do i use silkroad it will not work with 10x it needs 9.0b
October 10th 06 02:36 AM
by Treefingers Go to last post
0 569
DirectX 9.0C by BenV
I have read and seen several post's about the 9.0c version of DirectX and have not seen what i woudl like to know. I tried testing a game called SilkRoad with my Vista system come to find out, that I do not have the proper DirectX files. Their site offers a version of it, but it does not install, it just extracts. I went to the Windows site and downloaded the 9.0c there. I installed it then...
October 10th 06 02:36 AM
by Treefingers Go to last post
4 670
XP games to Vista by flashtek
I have found games that do not run yet: FEAR Combat Hero Online War Rock "Andre" wrote: Games which to use OpenGL libraries WILL NOT play on Vista.
October 9th 06 04:08 PM
by ComputersXP Go to last post
1 540
Joint Operations / Punkbuster by HuntsvillePI
When I try to sign into Joint Operations, I get a message from punkbuster saying ive been kicked for "Inadequate O/S priviledges". Anyone know how to fix this problem?
October 9th 06 04:06 PM
by ComputersXP Go to last post
3 1,322
Diablo II by greg_m_o
I recently installed RC1 and then installed Diablo II and the expansion. Whenever I play i get horrible framerate (3 FPS) Anyone know what i could do about this?
October 8th 06 08:13 PM
by Robert R. Johnson Jr Go to last post

From The