Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
light and shadows in FEAR by Robert R. Johnson Jr
I am running FEAR in Windows Vista RC-1 and the game runs satisfactory. However I am using the 96.33 RC1 NVIDIA driver and during the rooftop gun battles the light and shadows are not correct. I am using a 7950 GX2 EVGA videocard. The game's speed and framerate appear to be fine.
October 8th 06 06:43 PM
by Robert R. Johnson Jr Go to last post
3 518
Vista is not at all suited for games. by Bogas Corp
Yes Halo 2 will only work on Windows Vista. Source? Here! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4698072.stm "Microsoft has announced that the PC version of Halo 2 will only work on the new version of Windows called Vista. "
October 8th 06 04:03 PM
by Robert R. Johnson Jr Go to last post
1 548
CS1.6 can only run as software render under vista RC1? by Mickey
When I tried to run it, it said the vidoe mode is not support, it can only run under software mode, how could I resolve this?
October 8th 06 10:50 AM
by Bogas Corp Go to last post
1 549
Graphical corruption by Druidika
I am getting some weird graphical corruption in Vista RC1 which I didn't get in the Pre-RC1 version. Games not running in fullscreen seem to run fine and with good performance, but once switched to fullscreen, artifacts are all over the screen. Happens in both the Company of Heroes demo and Guild Wars, the only games that I tested. Unfortunately it's impossible to take a screenshot of these...
October 8th 06 09:39 AM
by Dark Fact Go to last post
2 554
Lineage 2 :) by Frost
Помогите plz я немогу запустить Lineage 2 Когда открываю екзешник линейка начинает загружатся и остонавливается а в таск менеджере висит процесс L2.exe занимает 7 мб оперативки и ничего не происходит :(
October 8th 06 05:20 AM
by Frost Go to last post
2 578
Solitaire Statistics is bad by jimpuls
There needs to be a way to completely turn off solitaire statistics. C'mon, it's a game! I want to enjoy it. I don't want to compete, or be reminded how I'm doing. Just add a switch to eliminate it completely. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the...
October 8th 06 03:05 AM
by Jupiter Jones [MVP] Go to last post
3 538
VISTA RC1(5728)_X64+64 Bit Far Cry by Ken
64 Bit Far Cry works in 64 Bit VISTA RC1(5728)_X64. Ony sometimes Far Cry slows down.
October 8th 06 02:54 AM
by Don Go to last post
5 618
XP games to Vista by Nerkixxx
battlefield2 on vista64 rc1. When i press setup.exe it shows up: http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/308/untitledjq2.jpg I tried compatibility methods, but nothing... Any suggestions?
October 7th 06 10:57 PM
by ComputersXP Go to last post
1 583
Star Wars Jedi Outcast II and NVIDA video cards by trhowes
Please go to the NVIDIA website and dowload the proper Vista driver for your card. After dowloading and installing the new driver the game will work again without crashing.
October 7th 06 05:56 PM
by trhowes Go to last post
0 513
VISTA_RC1(5728)_X64 by Ken
DOOM3, and Quake 4 Plays with no problems.
October 7th 06 04:38 PM
by wardy_uk1 Go to last post
1 495
Red Alert 2 including the new "Decade" DVD by Kimco Tech
One of the old games that I still play a lot to relax simply will not work on my Vista Beta. I even went and got the new DVD thinking perhaps it would work there, but no joy. The only on that runs is "Generals" and "Generals Zero Hour". I have read somewhere that some people were able to make it work out of the box so I am not sure if perhaps the video driver or what is the hang up. If I...
October 7th 06 12:49 PM
by Mark Go to last post
2 639
Windows Vista_x86_RC1(build 5782) by Ken
DOOM3, QUAKE 4 works in 5782 build, but would not work in build 5600. Kept getting black screen in build 5600, the audio was fine but no video.
October 7th 06 12:32 AM
by Jason Cambre Go to last post
4 556
Can't install Hexic by Keith
I'm having an issue with installing the activex for Hexic online. I get the popup to install and when it goes to download it errors out. I tried their help, but that didn't seem to fix the issue. I'm running IE7 on a WinXP on another computer and the game installs just fine. Is there any settings I need to check in IE7 on Vista that might be causing this to error out? Thanks! Keith
October 6th 06 03:07 AM
by Keith Go to last post
2 509
UT2004 EC by Tabris
Has anyone had problems starting the Installer for Unreal Tournament 2004 Editors Choice? Whether running it with normal Vista settings or WindowsXP/SP2 compatability, it just refuses to start at all. No sign of it even trying either. When browsing the DVD, I was able to get the Mod installer running, but as for the base game, nada =(.
October 6th 06 12:48 AM
by Pat Go to last post
3 546
List of Games that work on Windows Vista by johan RON on Vista
Dear Paul, Rise of nations won't work on Vista Beta 2 Is there a way to make it work. Kind regards Johan "Paul Smith" wrote: "Joshua" wrote in message
October 5th 06 09:52 AM
by johan RON on Vista Go to last post
0 523
DirectX not detected...video card problem by smoothmove
I have tried to run several applications and games that require directx (GTA2, Worms Armageddon for example) and I keep on getting a message on either the installation or when I run the game that I need directx 6 or above. I know that Vista RC1 has directx 10 and I have tried using directx 9.0c, and I even tracked down V.6, but each time the same thing happens. This is probably related to...
October 5th 06 01:03 AM
by Ken Go to last post
1 567
Game Tap by Gary MCSE
Has anyone been able to get gametap to run? I am using the 64bit version of Build 5728 and so far, it will not finish loading. Gary MCSE
October 4th 06 11:36 PM
by Gary MCSE Go to last post
0 579
Anyone tried EQ2 with the RC1 release by catwoman08
I installed vista and with all the eq2 problems I was having reverted back to xp. Was wondering if anyone has tried the RC1 release and noticed any improvements.
October 4th 06 01:23 AM
by Hank Keleher Go to last post
1 554
FPS much lower in vista than in xp... by Joe
While running counter-strike source full tilt at 12x10 in xp i get about 100-250 fps, that rarely drops under 70 or so. However, when i switch to my vista hard drive and try to run the game it gets about 30-40. I installed the latest drivers from nvidia, with some difficulty, and made sure the rest of my drivers are up to date. Has any one else experienced the same performance loss? I had...
October 3rd 06 09:11 PM
by Bob Croost Go to last post
4 676
XP games to Vista by JudsonAslan
I can't get guild wars to work on my vista RC1 to work, any suggestions on what to do? "Paul Smith" wrote: "Rasmus Bertelsen" wrote in message ... Which game might that be?
October 3rd 06 06:56 PM
by JudsonAslan Go to last post

From The