Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
VIsta RC1 and Tiger Woods 2007 by Padwah807
I am having a problem running TW 2007 on Vista RC1. I am running a AMD 64 X2 with Geforce 7900GT. The game loads up ok put once the course loads I just get a black screen. Pressing the windows key and then going back in gets me the graphics until the next load up. I get a message stating that the NVIDIA driver has stopped working, however, I have alll the latest drivers. Can anyone help.
October 3rd 06 03:46 PM
by Padwah807 Go to last post
0 556
BF2: Special Forces unplayable with Vista 5728 by Hugh Jass
I have Vista build 5728 running (did a fresh install), and BF2: Special Forces is unplayable. The game play is way too choppy, as to make it unplayable. It doesn't matter WHAT the settings are at, either maxed out or on minimum, but it is just unplayable. Now, the regular BF2 is perfectly playable. I bought the BF2 with special forces, so they basically get installed at the same time, as...
October 3rd 06 01:05 AM
by Hugh Jass Go to last post
0 503
EVE Online EULA mouse pointer repelled in RC1 by Thomas L. Allison
Eve worked in Beta 2. Now when i launch eve. It brings up the EULA for approval. Whenever i move the mouse over the window it is repelled and jumps away. I've uninstalled and re-installed Eve and the Alps pointer. Also tried an external mouse with same results. Everything works fine in FarCry and other DirectX games. I've updated the nVidia display driver.
October 3rd 06 12:26 AM
by Nathan Go to last post
1 734
List of Games that work on Windows Vista by CHristopher L. Estep
"Leroy Brown!!" wrote in message ... Add: NEED FOR SPEED MOST WANTED: Black Edition (DVD) SIN EPISODES: Emergence F.E.A.R. (Needed taskman to end a lot of unecessary processes in order to
October 2nd 06 12:51 PM
by Conrad W. Paul Go to last post
1 526
XP games to Vista by Markos
My PC-Setup: Mobo: ASUS P5GDC-Deluxe (LGA775, Intel 915P+ICH6R, CPU-Lock Free, FSB-800 O/C'ed) BIOS: AMI ver: 1011 beta-005 CPU: 3.0GHz Intel P4 630 (O/C'ed to 3.6GHz and Vista doesn't seem to mind!) System RAM: 1GB (Generic) Dual DDR2, PC4200 (533MHz - O/C'ed) Video: "Xpert-Vision" GeForce 6600LE (512meg) Sound: Onboard CMI 9880 (Vista seems to have issues with onboard CMI...
October 2nd 06 06:05 AM
by Markos Go to last post
0 519
XP games to Vista by Markos
My PC-Setup: Mobo: ASUS P5GDC-Deluxe (LGA775, Intel 915P+ICH6R, CPU-Lock Free, FSB-800 O/C'ed) BIOS: AMI ver: 1011 beta-005 CPU: 3.0GHz Intel P4 630 (O/C'ed to 3.6GHz and Vista doesn't seem to mind!) System RAM: 1GB (Generic) Dual DDR2, PC4200 (533MHz - O/C'ed) Video: "Xpert-Vision" GeForce 6600LE (512meg) Sound: Onboard CMI 9880 (Vista seems to have issues with onboard CMI...
October 2nd 06 06:04 AM
by Markos Go to last post
0 555
XP games to Vista by Markos
My PC-Setup: Mobo: ASUS P5GDC-Deluxe (LGA775, Intel 915P+ICH6R, CPU-Lock Free, FSB-800 O/C'ed) BIOS: AMI ver: 1011 beta-005 CPU: 3.0GHz Intel P4 630 (O/C'ed to 3.6GHz and Vista doesn't seem to mind!) System RAM: 1GB (Generic) Dual DDR2, PC4200 (533MHz - O/C'ed) Video: "Xpert-Vision" GeForce 6600LE (512meg) Sound: Onboard CMI 9880 (Vista seems to have issues with onboard CMI...
October 2nd 06 06:03 AM
by Markos Go to last post
0 520
DirectX not detected...video card problem by smoothmove
I have tried to run several applications and games that require directx (GTA2, Worms Armageddon for example) and I keep on getting a message on either the installation or when I run the game that I need directx 6 or above. I know that Vista RC1 has directx 10 and I have tried using directx 9.0c, and I even tracked down V.6, but each time the same thing happens. This is probably related to...
October 1st 06 07:57 PM
by smoothmove Go to last post
0 508
XP games to Vista by zero lime
"Notts Ash" wrote: Can you test: The Sims, and The Sims 2 The Sims 2 works fine, all expansions also works fine on Vista RC1
October 1st 06 03:58 PM
by zero lime Go to last post
0 543
Freecell & others by Peter K
Many people, including myself, have plaid certain games for 10 to 15 years & are familiar withthe 'Windows classic' look, unchanged from Win 3.1 days, if not earlier. I have noticed some improvements in the new versions of the games. But, in total, I'd prefer the 'old' versions. Could importing the old versions be offered as an option? For the next five years, or so, I'll have Win XP on at...
September 30th 06 07:34 PM
by Peter K Go to last post
3 959
More info on Anarchy Online in Windows Vista by MB@MI, USA
Problem 1: Anarchy Online unable to obtain write permission for its own folder when "Run as Administrator" not checked Problem 2: Anarchy Online falsely triggers the error reporting routines when run with Administrative mode, durring changeover from Anarchy.exe to Client.exe, even though everything works flawlessly. Problem 3: mild directx based text distortion in game running 1...
September 30th 06 04:19 AM
by Morbius Go to last post
1 507
Build 5728 and WoW by Jeppe
Hmm... Otherwise this build works fine, but whenever I log into WoW this happens: logging in: works fine selecting char: works fine loading UI: I see other chars besides mine with 'unknown' name for few seconds. Then either disconnect from server or BSOD (my 1st with any build of vista :( )
September 30th 06 03:50 AM
by Morbius Go to last post
3 600
nVidia GeForce 7600GS and Vista by cbhacking
Make sure you are running (XP) games in Compatibility mode: Windows XP. Doing that improved game startup times and framerates considerably for me (though YMMV). Vista tries to use DirectX 10, which is incomapitble with DX9, so DX10 and DX9 are installed side-by-side. Using Compatibility Mode tells Vista to not even try to use DX10. "Ryan" wrote in message...
September 30th 06 03:38 AM
by Morbius Go to last post
8 538
battlefield2 installation problem on Vista64 by Nerkixxx
When i press setup.exe it shows: http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/308/untitledjq2.jpg I tried combatibility methods, but it didnt help to me. Any suggestions?
September 29th 06 07:53 PM
by MICHAEL Go to last post
2 542
Connectivity Issues with World of Warcraft by smarshallhill
Now that I upgraded to WoW, I can no longer connect to their servers. When I try to logon, I get the "disconnected from Server" almost immediately. Anyone else see this problem?
September 28th 06 06:15 PM
by smarshallhill Go to last post
1 517
Battlefield 2 running on vista beta 2? by Nerkixxx
When i press setup.exe it shows up: http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/308/untitledjq2.jpg I tried compatibility methods, but nothing... Any suggestions? "Tim D" wrote: Since it is pretty much the only game I play, I can fully explore and test out the rest of Vista for office, media and art projects and not have any real issues. But I need to know if the one game I play is going to...
September 28th 06 05:30 PM
by Nerkixxx Go to last post
0 493
Battlefield 2 running on vista beta 2? by Nerkixxx
When i press setup.exe it shows up: http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/308/untitledjq2.jpg I tried compatibility methods, but nothing... Any suggestions? "tomhyde2" wrote: Battlefield will run OK - Finally. I had to reinstall twice but it finally started working Great!! It now runs at least as fast as in XP
September 28th 06 05:26 PM
by Nerkixxx Go to last post
0 507
battlefield 2 problem on vista64 by Nerkixxx
When i press setup.exe it shows up: http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/308/untitledjq2.jpg I tried compatibility methods, but nothing... Any suggestions?
September 28th 06 05:25 PM
by Nerkixxx Go to last post
0 568
battlefield 2 installation problem on vista64 by Nerkixxx
When i press setup.exe it shows up: http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/308/untitledjq2.jpg I tried compatibility methods, but nothing... Any suggestions?
September 28th 06 05:22 PM
by Nerkixxx Go to last post
0 584
Enemy Territory Graphics Issues by MB@MI, USA
Return to Castle Wolfenstien: Enemey Territory, allthough while it plays fast and smooth, has lots of DirectX errors in it durring gameplay, including texture map failures (where walls disappear for no reason and the sort, and I even saw at one point everyones head disapear from thier shoulders).. This is also yet another game that requires Administrator mode to play due to Punkbuster...
September 28th 06 03:11 PM
by David Anfinrud {MSFT} Go to last post

From The