Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Flight Simulator X not working on RC1 by dfeifer
Don't know if this is just me or not, But I installed The fsX demo on Pre-RC 1 5536 x86 after I tried Playing on rc1 5600 x64 and couldn't get it to work right. on x64, I originally had it installed on beta2, and didn't have a problem at all flying etc. everything seemed to work fine. after update from beta2 to rc1, I would get 2 seconds of graphics, 2 seconds of black screen, 2 seconds of...
September 20th 06 04:26 AM
by NolanB Go to last post
4 532
Microsoft wheel gameport by Andy
Is there any way to make it work ? Is there any adapter for joystick that use standard gameport to USB ? Since i paid 200.00$ for that wheel and never broke.. i would expect from Microsoft that sold that wheel make it work in Vista..
September 20th 06 12:19 AM
by Techno-Crat Go to last post
4 525
no pinball by browneyedgirl
I was just reading posts on putting pinball on vista, and I realized I don't have pinball on my comp anymore for some reason. I am still have windows xp, so I just went to add/remove windows components and it doesn't show on the list even under games. Anyone have any idea where it went and how to get it back?
September 19th 06 11:21 PM
by Peter Go to last post
1 498
NASCAR RACING 2003 by Tony M
Installed and plays beautifully on a clean load of RC1 - Did not have to even adjust it to run in compat mode or set it to disable DWM Works flawless - Much Much Much better than EA Sport Nascar SimRacing - which is so trying to be this game and even though it may look prettier - It does not work on Vista at all - Thanks EA.... Papyrus is no more, but still after 3 years has a better...
September 19th 06 06:59 PM
by imacken Go to last post
5 579
nvidia GeForce 6600 by ADAM
I have GeForce 6600 and installed Vista RC1. System have drivers for this video card, and everythink is working. But when i start playing games(FIFA 07 demo) graphics is really slowly. I installed oryginal drivers, with Program Compatibility Wizard, but then some functions aero, like switch between windows and windows preview(on taskbar) wasn't working. Thisame with games was when i...
September 19th 06 11:02 AM
by MB@MI, USA Go to last post
2 536
Anarchy Online by MB@MI, USA
Im seeing general instability in DirectX durring gameplay of Anarchy Online. Throughout gameplay the text in the chat window will have small segments blinking in and out... and at 32 meg color depths even while playing in windowed mode, pressing the Windows key instantly crashes the client. I installed DirectX 9.0c as well, and still see the text corruption flickering in and out.. Has...
September 19th 06 10:46 AM
by MB@MI, USA Go to last post
2 531
City of Heroes/Villains by ajent
Just finished download, and it works fine for me. Using gateway GM5072 and GeForce 7600GT "Misanthropy" wrote in message ... any one but me got problems with this game? it don't show the gfx and lightning are just boxes moving around. could it be that its a openGL game? -- running on:
September 19th 06 07:30 AM
by Misanthropy Go to last post
1 525
World of Warcraft random deep freezes by Louise
iam using rc1 and there is a noticeable improvement on this build it was unplayable nearly on beta 2 but seems nearly as fast as xp now,just waiting for an extra 1 gig of ram to improve things a little more.... hope this helps louise "Marten" wrote in message ... The only thing stopping me using Vista at the moment is the very poor
September 19th 06 05:11 AM
by Jippo Go to last post
2 531
FAR CRY problem (black screen using beta vista nvidia drivers) by Joseph Cavallaro Jr.
Alright, I just recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate RC 1, and for the most part, 99% of programs that I have been installing have worked great so far. The only 2 things that haven't worked so far is: 1. Messenger Mate for AIM 2. Driver installation for my HP 5150 printer :( I tried playing FAR CRY, and it loads up fine but once it tries to load a level, i just get a black screen and it...
September 19th 06 02:24 AM
by Insight Driver Go to last post
6 545
Reversi by Catweazle
I know this game has been gone a long time, it disappeared after Windows 3.0 but I always thought it was a fun game. It would have been great to see an updated version of it in Vista.
September 18th 06 06:28 PM
by Catweazle Go to last post
0 560
Steam Problems by MissedAgain
Hi Guys, I may be being a bit thick asking this, but i've installed steam, I'm running Vista RC1, and all I get come up when I try to play cs or hl2 is 'game currently unavailabe, please try again later'??? My system is:- 2Gb Memory, 3Ghz Intel p4 ht, 512MB Nvidia 6800Ultra, Hardware's capable of running no problem. Am I missing something obvious? I've seen loads of posts with no problems
September 18th 06 06:17 PM
by MissedAgain Go to last post
9 646
Flight Simulater X demo by Keith B
Yes - exactly the same. Ran demo flight then just comes up with fatal error on starting each time. MS Solutions Centre's response is that it will be fixed in Release Candidate 1 - and I sincerely hope so. "Jane C" wrote: Anyone else having problems with the Flight Sim x demo? Managed to run it once. Fatal errors on launch subsequently. --
September 18th 06 02:39 PM
by Ian P Go to last post
1 537
Games why don't they work? by intclass
I share Ratas' problem. Lucky you if you have it working, but it's obviously a problem when multiple people have the same issue. "digitalexplr" wrote: I've been running Vista & BF1942 on a Sempron 2400, 2 gigs RAM and 6600LE vid card. Has worked fine. "Paul Smith" wrote:
September 18th 06 09:23 AM
by intclass Go to last post
0 550
Corrupt graphics at bottom of screen by Chaucer
When I run a fullscreen game in Vista, the bottom quarter of the screen is corrupt or solid white. This happens with both Direct3D and OpenGL games. See this link for an example: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/KR74/Q3Vista.png I have an ATI Radeon X1600 and the current ATI beta drivers for Vista. I assume those are the problem, but I figured I would ask in case anyone knew of a...
September 18th 06 05:23 AM
by Rich1524 Go to last post
7 590
A Little Guide to Antialiasing by Eric
Let me tell you a simple fact about antialiasing... 72/96 dpi displays are the cause of antialiasing. There are three options: - Ignore it - Supersampling/Multisampling
September 18th 06 02:18 AM
by Eric Go to last post
7 521
UT2004 EC by Tabris
Has anyone had problems starting the Installer for Unreal Tournament 2004 Editors Choice? Whether running it with normal Vista settings or WindowsXP/SP2 compatability, it just refuses to start at all. No sign of it even trying either. When browsing the DVD, I was able to get the Mod installer running, but as for the base game, nada =(.
September 17th 06 05:51 PM
by Tabris Go to last post
0 521
Included games now soooo slow by rascal
I just upgraded from Vista Beta to RC1 but the games included with Vista which worked fine in the previous version are now sooo slow it's painful. What did they do to them?
September 17th 06 05:11 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 518
VISTA needs lots of work.. by Nick
Forget it for now I'll wait for about 6 months after the final verson. Way too many problems. And I have a $2500 computer
September 17th 06 03:11 PM
by Jean-Michel Bezeau Go to last post
5 584
Oblivion - jerky by Roman
"RMWChaos" wrote: Oblivion runs fine here too. Thought I read on the Oblivion site that the patch was not for x64 systems. Are you running any kind of system monitoring software or hardware like ASUS Probe? These periodically poll the system, and I have seen delays in games because of it. Try disabling all your other apps first, then run Oblivion. Also, try setting your video...
September 17th 06 01:46 PM
by Roman Go to last post
1 515
Games on Vista 64 vs 32? E.g. F.E.A.R., Doom3, Halo by boe
I wonder if anyone here could tell me if you tested games such as F.E.A.R., Doom3, Half Life 2, HALO on BOTH the 32 Bit and the 64 bit version of Vista? Do they play on both? Any downside to either? Thanks
September 17th 06 06:12 AM
by cbhacking Go to last post

From The