Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Freelancer Text Corruption by FLHelp
For this I need serious help. I have an Intel 945GM accelerator, and it works fine on all other games I've tried it on. But on Freelancer, the text is bouncing all over the screen, making everything impossible to read. I've seen the same thing on 810/815 series cards, and I tried Microsoft's recommended fix for that. Didn't work. Could someone help me?
May 29th 09 01:38 AM
by Redmars Go to last post
3 330
Jaws Unleashed by Michael
This Game will NOT install under Vista 32bit. Has anyone found a solution. The installer starts, but says finished right away without copying files.. Thanks for your help Mike
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 28th 09 08:53 AM
by karkarias77 Go to last post
23 980
problem with screen size when running games by roszondas3
ok, so i just joined, so i don't know how things work around here, but anyways, onto my problem. ok, i can run games, but, whenever i play a game, the game runs in a square screen instead of the full wide screen, so, i need help fixing that, and another problem im having is that whenever i play quake 3 arena, i have added some maps but they do not show up in the map list, also, whenever i try to...
May 28th 09 12:01 AM
by roszondas3 Go to last post
0 241
problem with screen size when running games by roszondas3
ok, so i just joined, so i don't know how things work around here, but anyways, onto my problem. ok, i can run games, but, whenever i play a game, the game runs in a square screen instead of the full wide screen, so, i need help fixing that, and another problem im having is that whenever i play quake 3 arena, i have added some maps but they do not show up in the map list, also, whenever i try to...
May 28th 09 12:01 AM
by roszondas3 Go to last post
0 287
More Yahoo Game Questions by Gameless
I have downloaded Ravenhearst from Yahoo and can play it fine when it is first downloaded. Once I close out the game and try to play again, I get : Mystery Case Files Ravenhearst has stopped working. So, in order to play I have to delete it and re-download... anyone know how to get around this??
May 27th 09 10:42 PM
by jbiz[_2_] Go to last post
3 363
Halo for vista 64bit by KingJ[_2_]
Hi is there a version of halo combat evolved for Vista 64 ? if so can someone please provide me with a link ? Thanks KingJ -- KingJ
May 27th 09 04:31 PM
by Pabajo Go to last post
4 337
FSX SP2 installation problem by StoneColdChris
Running Vista Home Premium with an NVidia 8800 GTX video card. Have SP1 installed but do not have Acceleration. Trying to install SP2 but it won't install. I first tried clicking "Run", and then also tried downloading the patch to the desktop and then running, but it simply will not install...just cancels itself. I disabled McAfee VS before trying to install, but results still the same. ...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 26th 09 09:25 PM
by rasso Go to last post
16 622
LCID: 1033 Error by Templar224
Hey Folks.. am new to the forum.. decided to join. after i tried to play freelancer and came across the an error and i cant seem to find a proper answer.. i keep getting the same error Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033 i googled the problem..
May 26th 09 05:50 PM
by Templar224 Go to last post
0 192
LCID: 1033 Error by Templar224
Hey Folks.. am new to the forum.. decided to join. after i tried to play freelancer and came across the an error and i cant seem to find a proper answer.. i keep getting the same error Additional information about the problem: LCID: 1033 i googled the problem..
May 26th 09 05:50 PM
by Templar224 Go to last post
0 312
Setting up LAN connection to share files and play AOE II:Conq on vista OSs by leominn
I have looked back 20 or so pages to see if the same question is already asked. As I couldnt find any, I will ask my problem myself. Me and 3 of my friends want to play Age of empires II: conquerors in multiplayer mode. We have four Vista(HP) machines and an 8-ports ethernet switch. We also have enough RJ45 cables to connect between PCs and Switch. We would like to know how to set up a LAN...
May 26th 09 03:07 PM
by leominn Go to last post
2 297
FSX or FS2004 by rschrock
I have FSX, although I am having problems running it on Vista, but I have seen alot of contradictions between the two: some saying FS2004 is better, some saying FSX is better. I like FSX, but am curious as to what the consensus on here is. FSX or FS2004? -- rschrock
May 26th 09 02:46 PM
by rschrock Go to last post
0 212
**SOLVED** - Dungeon Keeper - Vista Compatible by Glennage
Morning all, My first time on this forum, so let me introduce myself. I know how to get Incompatible games to work is the simple answer. I will be here during my time on this forum correcting any issues for games. Dungeon Keeper is one of my all time favourite games, took me about a
May 26th 09 09:42 AM
by Glennage Go to last post
0 269
How do you delete saved games in Spider Solitare? by Phil Rhodes
I looked the game up with 'Explore' and under 'Program Files' found "Microsoft Games" and 'Spider Solitaire' but didn't find any saved games. Thanks in advance.
May 23rd 09 06:44 AM
by Garry[_3_] Go to last post
8 366
Halo for vista 64bit by KingJ[_2_]
Hi is there a version of halo combat evolved for Vista 64 ? if so can someone please provide me with a link ? Thanks KingJ -- KingJ
May 22nd 09 06:14 PM
by KingJ[_2_] Go to last post
0 197
Warcraft 3 Tft by Roronshi
Ok so ive been having this problem with Warcraft 3 since i got it installed , I get major lagspikes doesnt show for the other persons im playing with only for me , it stops for 5-30 seconds and then everything gets done in turbo for the duration i lost. if anyone got an answer to how i can solve this problem i would be grateful. -- Roronshi
May 22nd 09 04:05 PM
by GeneticFreak Go to last post
7 361
Do these games run on Vista 64? by Bob
For Xmus I'm going to buy a laptop and put Vista 64 on it. Civ4 SH3 Falcon Allied Air Force Anno 1503 MTW2 Saitek X52 And any opinion as to which brand of laptop?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
May 21st 09 12:58 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
24 722
How do you delete saved games in Spider Solitare? by Phil Rhodes
I looked the game up with 'Explore' and under 'Program Files' found "Microsoft Games" and 'Spider Solitaire' but didn't find any saved games. Thanks in advance.
May 20th 09 11:23 PM
by Phil Rhodes Go to last post
0 228
Vista FreeCell by Quick Silver
One column of cards overlaps another column. I cannot move the colomn to the free space. Starting a new game does not help. Turning off programs and unplugging computer does not help. Is anyone else having this problem?
May 19th 09 01:48 PM
by mk9lobo[_3_] Go to last post
4 310
Carmen Sandiego (world) by Garry[_3_]
Hi, Having big problems loading Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego. Getting "Appcrash" and Quicktime problems. Microsoft "help" says Carmen is compatible. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Garry.
May 19th 09 06:27 AM
by Garry[_3_] Go to last post
0 223
Solution for "Game launcher has stopped working" by Catherine
A year ago or so I purchased a game from Oberon media, which worked fine until a few weeks ago when I could no longer launch it. I would get the error message "Game launcher has stopped working." After fruitless email exchanges with Oberon Media (whose customer service did their utmost to help me but seemed just as baffled by the issue), I searched far and wide online tonight and I found a...
May 18th 09 10:12 PM
by zooky89 Go to last post

From The