Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Pandora' Box - in Vista? by Gary Masters
I wanted to Play Pandora's Box again - never finished it before, but it will not load. Are there any patches for it? -- Gary Librarian
March 24th 10 04:19 PM
by McGrath Go to last post
4 803
Playing games on Dual Monitors? by Helpmeplease!!!!
Hi, I had a simple question that I just can't find the answer to. I have two monitors, a 32" LCD and a 19" CRT. I am running a dual monitor setup (extended desktop) and I want my primary to be the CRT and secondary the LCD. I know how to do that. However, what I wanted was to play my games in the LCD, but everytime I try I can't get them to play in the LCD. They always play in my CRT. The...
March 23rd 10 06:33 AM
by niemiro Go to last post
7 821
Command and Conquer First Decade by Taylorman
I bought the "First Decade" game dvd that had all games through Generals, made for XP. I cant even install the program on vista, how do I fix that? When I put the game in, It gives me the option to install, but when I try it, it says "setup.exe" has quit working. Please help this sucks Taylor --
March 23rd 10 03:25 AM
by Taylorman Go to last post
0 532
HEARTS and KING - Saved games? by Liisa
How can I delete my saved games? Any one?
March 21st 10 10:00 PM
by dbknox[_41_] Go to last post
3 569
Installshield wizard wont install my games, no error though by hoboso
Hello , i recently bought a new computer from dell, and have installed a few games ot play on it, but frustratingly some install perfectly and some dont. the problem seems to be with installshield wizard as the installshield loads up fine but when it tries to install the actual game it just stops installing at the start of the installation. here is what happens...
March 12th 10 05:55 PM
by undisclosed Go to last post
2 634
Game Explorer Games, and Free Games by mlong30
Hi All, Where can I get games that look like games that came with Vista like chess etc...? Are these Microsoft games? Where can I get stand alone play or network versions with the graphics like the games that some with Vista or Windows 7 with no Ads? Thanks. Matt
March 12th 10 02:34 AM
by mlong30 Go to last post
0 514
Flight Simulator 2004 by flynryan692
Hey there, so I was having problem before where FS would freeze and the sound would make a loop sort of sound. I remember doing a bunch of searching around and I found a way so that when I click the fs9.exe vista would switch the theme from aero to basic until I closed FS. That solved everything. Well I reformatted and I can't figure out how I did that nor can I find the link to how to do...
February 28th 10 04:38 PM
by flynryan692 Go to last post
3 663
FSX won't load up after defragmentation by Blue4
I bought the boxed FSX Deluxe Edition and when I start the program right after I install it everything runs fine until startup of a flight. I set the settings to max after I ran a system test on my comp saying I could with the 8G of ram, Intel Quad Core and the Nvidia GT220, but it skipped so I figured it was because of FSX being 15Gb and alot of fragmented files. So I ran the defrag and...
February 22nd 10 08:53 AM
by Blue4 Go to last post
0 529
Knights of the Old Republic 2 stops running... by Hydra
Hi, all. I have a problem starting KOTOR2 on Vista. There's a error message each time starting up that the program has stopped running and needs to close (I've managed to get past the first cutscene several times in the beginning before the error shows). The error has been reported, but no solutions. I know my computer isn't especially designed for gaming, but it still is able to run Halo CE...
February 14th 10 08:28 PM
by sahaiel Go to last post
3 644
Can I play Vista version of SpiderSolitaire on XP Pro? by alicorn2
I prefer the version of SpiderSolitaire that came with my Vista computer (version 6.0.6001.18000 of spidersolitaire.exe), and I'd like to copy it to my XP Pro computer (which currently has version 5.1.2600.5512 of spider.exe). The biggest problem is that my Vista computer is 64 bit and XP is only 32 bit. Is there any way to get the Vista version onto XP? Thanks!
February 14th 10 05:02 PM
by alicorn2 Go to last post
2 568
fallout 3 and windows 7 by xxen0nxx
Is fallout 3 compatible with windows 7? and if not what do i do?
February 14th 10 01:14 AM
by Dustin Harper[_2_] Go to last post
3 584
Probs vista preinstalled mahjong, tinker, etc. by Dragenar
The problem is that when I try to run these games or the pic. screensaver at the native resolution or anything above 800x600 it will crash the computer, just a black screen promping a reboot. My hardware has run these games before at these resolutions, 1650x1080 on vanilla 6800 with an athlon 64 processor and 2 gigs of dual channel memory "512mbx4". The games will run at 800x600, have the...
February 13th 10 07:17 PM
by Dragenar[_2_] Go to last post
1 556
Can't install some games/programs by Kossuranta
About every second install is success, but I can't install some programs/games at all no matter how many times I try. When I start setup InstallShield Wizard comes up, but after it's done happens nothing last thing what InstallShield does is "Preparing to Install...", but it doesn't finish just shutsdown. I have tried to find out help, but without results... Games what I have tried to install...
February 13th 10 03:19 PM
by windyvoice[_2_] Go to last post
8 658
TrackMania Nations by Photubias
Usually starforce games don't work in Vista, but I found an official StarForce driver to solve this problem http://www.star-force.com/protection.phtml?c=83&id=957 http://www.star-force.com/support/sfdrvup.zip the driver installs perfectly however, TrackMania Nations fails to launch...
February 4th 10 11:12 AM
by BenL Go to last post
4 1,227
Spider solitaire unbelievable score by j1169
Vista Home Prem. I looked at my statistics and couldn't believe it. My top score is 1275! I know there must be a glitch from lots of "undo", maybe in conjunction with a "saved game". I know I never won in 25 moves ;). Anyone else have this happen? -- j1169
January 31st 10 12:59 AM
by melstring Go to last post
6 748
Windows games - hint window text too large by Corwin AT[_2_]
I'm running vista 64 home premium and I have noticed that on a number of windows games the hint windows are dispalying over large fonts so you cant read the entire hint. for example in freecell when you try to move a stack of cards thats too large the hint window is supposed to tell you how many cards you are able to move at that moment, but that part of the message is off the egde of the...
January 28th 10 06:12 PM
by nelson wade Go to last post
8 706
New Free Sites for gamers of all levels! 73376 by Commander[_2_]
I have created several game sites that contain all kinds of information about games, gamers and gaming. Please check them out and let me know what you think! http://gameneedle.com http://gamebrainy.com http://gamedisease.com http://gameperformers.com s?HaJ)qz^+kOAtk&ic=!smDBD
January 28th 10 04:56 PM
by Commander[_2_] Go to last post
0 577
Windows - Application Error - The memory could not be read! by 10000lakes
First off ill post the current specs on my computer .. Vista Home Premium SP2 System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GX632AA-ABA SR5333WM System Type X86-based PC Processor AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, 2200 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s) BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 5.22, 1/3/2008 SMBIOS Version 2.4
January 27th 10 07:38 PM
by 10000lakes Go to last post
1 558
Graphics glitch while playing BiA:HH by Joćo Fernandes
A long time ago, I got Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. I decided to use it on my old Vista laptop, since I knew it worked on that operating system. Problem is, when I went to play the game, it was super slow and there were no graphics. Whatsoever. But here's the weird part: I installed Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (a game designed for Windows XP) on the same laptop and surprisingly, it...
January 25th 10 08:42 PM
by Amason Go to last post
3 493
DirectX 7 Vista compatible? by daztrue