Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
FSX & Window 7 Problems. by asrsat
Can any one help in the following problem with FSX. Problem signatu Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61355.0 Application Timestamp: 4643ee0a Fault Module Name: StackHash_5916 Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385 Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdadb
January 18th 10 09:52 PM
by asrsat Go to last post
0 484
How do I delete a saved Solitaire game? by Jim Marcum
I made the mistake of saving a Vista solitaire game in to play later and now every time I open the game this saved game appears even though I have since played it several times and won. I can't seem to find out how to delete this saved game. I have found no help anywhere that explains how to get rid of a saved game. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get rid ot it? It is probably...
January 14th 10 06:33 PM
by Joćo Fernandes Go to last post
5 600
game errors ! by Game errors on vista.
when i try to play a game ( that runs on windows XP ) i can't run it on vista. when i start them up, some of them lagg, others crash and others kep falling out during gaming. any example games. Age of mythology titans peter jackson king kong
January 14th 10 02:57 AM
by chaucolai Go to last post
4 615
Ayanami Raising Project Intallation (Obscure Japanese Game) by KingVentus
I don't have high hopes that anyone will be able to help me here, but it's better than just ramming my head against the wall in helpless frustration. Background: A friend of mine gave me an old Japanese video game called Ayanami Raising Project which I am attempting to install on my system (Vista Home Premium 64bit) He walked me through how to change the non-unicode region settings to Japan to...
January 9th 10 08:26 PM
by KingVentus Go to last post
0 506
Chess Titans bug by DiamondGazer
Hi, For starters, if this is in the wrong place or it would be better suited somewhere else, I apoligize profusely. Chess Titans has been working fine for me for the two weeks that I've owned Vista, but as I was playing a round of the game, an enemy pawn made an illegal move. What happened is I moved my pawn from G7 to G5, and there was an enemy pawn
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 8th 10 03:15 PM
by steph22 Go to last post
10 936
spider solitaire by batbet
can I take spider solitaire from xp cd and put it on vista
December 31st 09 04:56 AM
by Fievel1970 Go to last post
9 585
Different Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne Problem in Windows 7 by jalf
Okay, the problem is, after installing my Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne on my Windows 7 beta, 7000build. I can run War3.exe after the installation. When I restarted my computer, the problem starts here. Every time I open my War3, It minimizes on my task bar. When I click it again, it maximizes for around 1 second then minimizes again. I know its running fine because I can hear the sounds of the...
December 26th 09 10:15 PM
by vntan Go to last post
8 589
Half-Life 2 won't run by Alex S
I recently received The Orange Box, and wish to play Half-Life 2. I am running a Vista Home Premium x64 machine updated to SP1. However, whenever I run Half-Life 2, either from within Steam or from a shortcut, Half-Life 2 starts, adjusts the screen resolution, and freezes on a black screen with a frozen Taskbar at the bottom of the screen. I have added "-32bit" to the shortcut line and have set...
December 26th 09 09:09 AM
by Alex S[_2_] Go to last post
3 409
Games from XP Plus will work in Vista by Hepzibah
=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIEw=?=;1569 Wrote: If anyone is interested the games that came on the XP Plus disc can be installed and will run on vista with no problems Russian squares Bowling game Labyrinth How can I achieve this? When I try to run the Russian squares game a message than I have to accept the license agreement pops up but I never
December 26th 09 07:12 AM
by Hepzibah Go to last post
0 389
Media Player by Hal
I am able to listen to music from my library and from CDs and DVd's. But I am unable to get the sound (video OK) from web sites. What is wrong? Also, I don't see a download for Vista. There is one for XP, 7, 98, but not VISTA. Why not?
December 25th 09 10:10 PM
by Hal Go to last post
0 484
Media Player by Hal
I am able to listen to music from my library and from CDs and DVd's. But I am unable to get the sound (video OK) from web sites. What is wrong? Also, I don't see a download for Vista. There is one for XP, 7, 98, but not VISTA. Why not?
December 25th 09 10:10 PM
by Hal Go to last post
0 363
Gears of War ? by roblostinmexico
Some time ago I purchased this game only to have my laptop crash almost instantly everytime I tried to play it. Is this a vista issue or a hardware issue. I am running the following: AMD TURION(tm) 64 x 2 Mobile Technology TL-62 210 GHz 3 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS I would welcome any suggestions.
December 25th 09 03:27 AM
by roblostinmexico Go to last post
0 456
Gears of War ? by roblostinmexico
Some time ago I purchased this game only to have my laptop crash almost instantly everytime I tried to play it. Is this a vista issue or a hardware issue. I am running the following: AMD TURION(tm) 64 x 2 Mobile Technology TL-62 210 GHz 3 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS I would welcome any suggestions.
December 25th 09 03:27 AM
by roblostinmexico Go to last post
0 347
Flightsimulator X not compatible to Vista-aero? by armin
when I start FSX, the message 'colorscheme changed to vista-basic' appears, cause the program ist not compatible with certain visual elements in vista. Is FSX not compatible to Vista? my system: Vista Ultimate AMD Athlon X2 4200 ATI X1900XT 2 GB RAM
December 24th 09 07:45 PM
by Timmah Go to last post
7 614
Old Games on Vista by John Sisker
I'm sure this question has been asked before. However, is there a way to get older Windows 95, 98 and/or XP programs to run on a Vista computer? I can't even get them to load. John Sisker
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 24th 09 04:18 PM
by roodkapje Go to last post
10 1,372
Spider solitaire query by aitch
Hi, I hope I'm in the right place. With the above game there are three options -single suit, two or four. What I cannot do is cancel the scores - bring them back to zero - or any one of the choices without zeroing the scores on the others. Am I trying the impossible or is there a way to do it? Thanks and a Merry Christmas to you all.
December 23rd 09 09:45 AM
by aitch Go to last post
0 343
Spider solitaire query by aitch
Hi, I hope I'm in the right place. With the above game there are three options -single suit, two or four. What I cannot do is cancel the scores - bring them back to zero - or any one of the choices without zeroing the scores on the others. Am I trying the impossible or is there a way to do it? Thanks and a Merry Christmas to you all.
December 23rd 09 09:45 AM
by aitch Go to last post
0 484
HOW-TO: Dungeon Keeper 2 in Vista by Andy
For those having trouble with Dungeon Keeper 2. Install DK2 Download patch from ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/archive/bullfrog/patches/dk2/ (v1.70) Right click Desktop Icon, Choose Properties. Compatibility, set to Windows XP SP2 mode Check Disable visual themes and desktop composition Click OK Run Game.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 22nd 09 10:26 PM
by EFFUN Go to last post
28 1,799
Free Inside information about the Latest Games and Gaming. 85862 by A. Burke
This is a free inforation portal that I set up with dynamic and constantly updating articles and information. Do a search, find cheats, hidden codes and trade cheats. You can discuss online gaming and other mulyiplayer games, get everything,. not just what is popular. Once again it's free, we don't even want your e-mail address,...
December 22nd 09 07:38 PM
by A. Burke Go to last post
0 501
Free Inside information about the Latest Games and Gaming. 85862 by A. Burke
This is a free inforation portal that I set up with dynamic and constantly updating articles and information. Do a search, find cheats, hidden codes and trade cheats. You can discuss online gaming and other mulyiplayer games, get everything,. not just what is popular. Once again it's free, we don't even want your e-mail address,...
December 22nd 09 07:38 PM
by A. Burke Go to last post

From The