Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Bioshock by Mike Sisto
This game has been running fine up until I get to the point where it has to load Fort Frolic. Then it just crashes. Anyone come across this or have any ideas for me to try?
August 11th 08 04:06 PM
by Zeligg Go to last post
1 299
Yahoo Games by Lisa[_5_]
Can any tell me what settings I need to use to get Yahoo games to load on Vista? I have no problem on XP. There are no suggestion on the website for Vista or IE7.
August 11th 08 09:44 AM
by Frenchy Go to last post
2 298
roller coaster tycoon addons by porkpie63
I just found my Roller coaster tycoon gold edition (has corkscrew follies and loopy landscapes included). The original game loaded with no problem on vista, but when we try to load the second disc (corkscrew follies) we get the message 'This game has known compability problems'. When given the choice of aborting, or running I clicked on run, just to see what it would do,,It did bring the main...
August 10th 08 10:19 PM
by porkpie63 Go to last post
0 302
Advertise Your Online Business 85202 by Hughes[_2_]
LESS Than A Dollar A Day Gets HUGE Exposure. Let Us Handle All The Work - VISITORS GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK!!! http://submitmywebpage.com/offers/
August 10th 08 08:14 PM
by Hughes[_2_] Go to last post
0 311
Blue Screen while playing Wonderland Online by Keileia
Hello! I've been having problems with getting a blue screen while I'm playing Wonderland Online. Now, this only occurs when I try setting up two clients of the game. My desktop (a Windows XP with less ram than my laptop) can handle at least four clients, so I've been a bit confused on why my laptop with Windows Vista can't handle more than one client. Here are the problem details:
August 10th 08 07:05 PM
by Keileia Go to last post
0 309
PLEASE TRADE WITH ME by Adam Bale
PLEASE TRADE WITH ME Please see my website http://oneprogrammablefan.blogspot.com/ email: See the website. Thanks Adam
August 10th 08 05:08 PM
by Adam Bale Go to last post
0 296
Sims 2 Seasons & Pets installation issues in Vista by viola sphinx
Okay, I am sure hoping someone can help. I just got a Gateway P-171x fx laptop with Vista installed. I installed my sims 2 games, without any problem until I installed Seasons and Pets expansions. I disabled the User Authorization and Autoplay, still did not work. Gateway had me uninstall then update my DVD drivers, but it did not help. Here is what is happening. The two games install...
August 10th 08 05:06 PM
by blackroseMD1 Go to last post
4 353
Mouse-look problem with Halo 2 for Vista by raven35235
Just recently got Halo 2 (and a system that would run it) and really enjoy it except for one problem. While in gameplay (not on menus, settings, etc.) the mouse just completely drags. My main mouse is a Microsoft Trackball Explorer and, instead of turning when I roll the trackball, it just kind of jerks some. I have to just spin the thing to get any kind of turning response. I tried a...
August 10th 08 11:52 AM
by rive0108[_19_] Go to last post
2 316
Big Problems running Sims 2 on Vista Home Premium by technologicallyimpaired
Your Open QuestionShow me another » The SIMS 2 (for PC) and New VISTA laptop? My Sims 2 CD works fine on my old laptop. I checked on systemrequirementslab.com and it said that my computer PASSED for all of the requirements, both minimum and reccomended. I downloaded the patch from Maxis. The computer no longer says there are compatibility problems... HOWEVER, I load the game, get to the...
August 10th 08 07:38 AM
by Kalpha Go to last post
5 302
Some Basic Linux And Unix Commands by dandan5448505[_2_]
Here are some basic linux'' (http://www.killtest.com/comptia/)and unix commands and a description of what they do. Hope they are helpful cat Lets you view the contents of a file. Many linux commands can use the redirection symbol to redirect the output of the command. For example, use the redirection symbol with the cat command to copy a file: cat /etc/shells newfile ( the contents of the...
August 9th 08 11:23 AM
by Tom Rudd Go to last post
2 283
Dungieon Siege II: Broken World by Vista Newsgroups
Has anyone successfully installed(and played) the Broken World expansion under Vista? Dungeon Siege II is fine, but when I install the Expansion CD and click to install, it fires off a process, but never does anything, nor shows any text. I have also tried the XP mode with no luck.
August 8th 08 02:39 PM
by xy232 Go to last post
2 277
Sim City 4 and running it in a window by rorytmeadows[_2_]
I've been trying to get Sim City 4 to run in a window instead of the usual Fullscreen mode. I have put the -w at the end of the target, even with the space between the exe and the -w and it's not working. It keeps booting into Fullscreen mode. What can I do?
August 5th 08 08:56 PM
by rorytmeadows[_2_] Go to last post
3 290
safe to install Directx 9c? by weth
i just got a new pc, and when i tried to install and play medieval 2 total war, it would not work.... i have looked on the internet and found that the problem is that it wont run with directx 10. but is it safe to install directx 9c??, wont it mess up my other games that are running on directx 10, or games that will come in the future???. -- weth Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
August 5th 08 04:19 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
6 286
LAN Gaming Issues by ZeroSP
Ive been having plenty of problems getting my computers to LAN together properly to play LAN games. I have 2 XP computers and 2 Vista laptops. I am reasonably experienced with networking and have setup the IP addresses, etc myself. The computers are in the same IP range, they are 'pingable' and can share internet access- A modem is attached to an XP computer which allows shared internet with...
August 5th 08 01:19 PM
by Zeligg Go to last post
5 267
OBLIVION by Locolions
I have a brand new Gateway with windows vista prem. and when i downloaded oblivion every thing seemed to work well but every time i open the program and click on play i get the message oblivion stopped working. I have no idea what to do. I went to Best Buy and spoke to the geek squad and they were no help. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 5th 08 08:09 AM
by speedy4u23 Go to last post
12 538
RCT3 Installation by theedwardsclan
I am attempting to install rct3 on to my computer. I am running windows vista home premium with all the needed specs to run the game as listed on its system requirements. When I go to install the game the installation box opens up. I then click install. I get e box asking me to choose a language, which I do (English). Then I receive a message stating that Roller coaster tycoon 3 has not been...
August 4th 08 08:32 PM
by John[_20_] Go to last post
3 281
XP "All Programs" "Games" not available on Vista by Chris B
I can't find the games on Vista as above which are online (some) and very popular on XP. These games available on XP are as follows: Free Cell, Hearts, Internet Backgammon, Internet Checkers, Internet Hearts, Internet Reversi, Internet Spades, Minesweeper, Pinball, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire. It is possible for me to copy from XP C:\ Program Files\ "MSN Gaming Zone\Windows\numerous games .exe...
August 4th 08 12:03 PM
by locoeng Go to last post
6 344
Big Fish Games by yazmama
I have been having problems trying to run games I have downloaded from this site. I purchased one, downloaded it and had no problems trying to reopen and replay the game. I got a couple of others, they download, I can play them once but never can open them again. I also noticed if I opt for the "Run" option I can play them the day they are downloaded but can't reopen. If I opt for "Save" and...
August 3rd 08 02:43 PM
by yazmama Go to last post
0 237
Vista and games are a joke! by Jack Mc Kenna
I thought I was doing well with my Vista Ultimate 64 bit install until I installed Temple of Elemental Evil as a test, to see if there would be any problems. I set it up in compatibily mode for XP SP_2 and it seemed to work very well. Then I fought my first battle, and with the first sword strike the game crashed. Returning to the desktop everything was mixed up with Icons spread all over...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 2nd 08 10:32 AM
by AllMac Go to last post
27 665
Vista problem loading Games by meme01
I received these errors when trying to load wild tangent games on my HP laptop with Microsoft Vista. Game Explorer registration error. There was a problem adding this game to the game Explorer window. The error code is 80004005. Installation will continue, but the game may not display properly in the Game Explorer window. Game not installed properly. Please re-install. Does anyone have a...
August 1st 08 01:07 AM
by meme01 Go to last post

From The