Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
compatibility by JonC[_2_]
I am having trouble running old cd games. I tried following the instructions to run pre vista software. I have tried about all options including running as administrator. I keep getting an error saying that the computer can not open a window. Any ideas?
July 8th 08 12:36 AM
by Clinton Go to last post
1 278
installing hide secret 2 by marlenekaywv
I install it on computer with xp but will not install on wy laptop with vista.I receive fatal error installation ended premauturely because of error
July 7th 08 11:16 PM
by marlenekaywv Go to last post
0 329
Mouse Jumping all over by Retsep
Hi, I first noticed this while playing Oblivion, but it now seems to happen all the time regardless of what is running. The mouse cursor will randomly jump (usually up but not always) for no apparent reason...this is annyoying to say the least. I just built a new computer for Vista, but I am using the mouse/keyboard from my old xp machine (where I never once had this problem). Does anyone...
July 7th 08 09:08 PM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
6 333
Battle Realms by llewell
Im using vista and I can't save my game ( Kenji's & Grayback's Journey ). What should i do to save my game? pls send your replies to thanks Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums
July 7th 08 06:49 PM
by llewell Go to last post
0 314
Testing New Server by Frenchy
Frenchy
July 7th 08 09:24 AM
by Frenchy Go to last post
0 304
ROMs, EMULATORs, & PS3 controllers by Juan Donosa
ok so i bought this USB adapater for PS2 controllers like a year or two back and ive been using it to play on my PC with my brother with different emulators and roms mostly the N64 one the emulator i use is Project64 and it works fine but then i saw how the PS3 controller charger has a USB connection so i thought i could use it the same as the PS2 USB adapater so i gave it a shot and at...
July 7th 08 12:31 AM
by Juan Donosa Go to last post
0 323
Cube 3D Configuration has stopped working by S
I am trying to install a NASCAR Racing game and when I start the game I receive the following message: Cube 3D Configuratio has stopped working. What does this mean? What can I do to fix it?
July 7th 08 12:18 AM
by bm49 Go to last post
3 461
VISTA FREECELL by Kim Black
I'm sorry, but I despise the Vista Freecell format. Does anyone know how to get the XP version loaded onto a Vista system? Many thanks in advance.
July 6th 08 11:12 PM
by Trev[_2_] Go to last post
3 320
Compatibility Mode? by Old Surfer
I'm using Vista Home premium. Does it include Compatibility Mode? I've tried to find it on this machine, but it's not where the instructions on the Web say it is.
July 6th 08 04:07 AM
by Brink Go to last post
2 292
Can not open Vista games. Please help me. by stasiunio
Sorry of this naive question. I just started with V64. Can not open any original game what came with Vista. When I go to Start--Games = see "Games Explorer" only, not list of games. When open "Games Explorer" see all 9 games. One click on game= see rating of game. Two click = see "Saved Games" screen but can not open game. Will appreciate any comments. Thanks
July 5th 08 02:02 AM
by Shane Nokes[_3_] Go to last post
5 353
Chess Titans Issue on startup by Chris
I've seen this posted here, but nobody ever had an answer, so I'll ask it again. When I first installed Vista, Chess Titans worked fine, recently, however, I get the following message on startup: could not find texture (Media/TableWood.dds) the d3d device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objects were not released.
July 4th 08 11:36 AM
by blegaspi Go to last post
3 320
ATI X1600. Display Freezes. by Deevo
Hi, I've checked the forums at ATI before coming here. I downloaded the new driver that came out this month for my card. Every time I play a game on Steam (Day of Defeat, TF2, Etc.) I play in between 15-45 minutes and then the game freezes up and overloads my processor with repetitive sound and a Super low frame rate. I have "net_graph 3" showing 2.5 fps and 4000+ ms (which is my monitor...
July 3rd 08 07:10 PM
by Lee Phillips[_2_] Go to last post
2 303
America's Army v2.8.3.1, unable to load in game. by Joshes
So I have this new Vista x64 up and running. Downloaded, installed and ran the latest AA version. Everything is fun until I try to enter a server. I can start the game, go into the main menu, adjust my settings bla bla.. but when I load a server, or join a game, Windows will close AA saying that something has went wrong and windows has to close it. Anyone encountering the same problems? I have...
July 3rd 08 06:14 AM
by Joshes Go to last post
0 352
solitaire by mordor7491
is there a way to automatically end a game when the outcome is obvious. the old game you could use a 'F' key to end the game. it takes too much time to click on each and every one of the cards to end the game
July 2nd 08 08:52 PM
by Stav Go to last post
3 281
Problem with Neverwinter Nights/Vista by aaron
I recently purchased a copy of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Addition. I installed the game along with a patch that i was told i needed. The patch was actually from the Neverwinter site. I still can't get the game to work. It start out with the entire intro and game option screen but justs soon as you choos an option, the screen turns completely black. You can still hear the music though. I...
July 2nd 08 07:10 PM
by The Coward Robert Ford Go to last post
3 366
How to log on the physicial memory by Pam
By downloading a game, a message came to me that I had to logg off the physical memory ... and I said Yes !! And I think I made a big mistake cause now the backgroung is all black and I don't have access to the desktop anymore. I only have the "explorer" with all my folders in "my documents", etc. How do I do to logg on the physical memory again ??? Thanks very much for any help.
July 1st 08 08:05 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
3 349
Wow by kismet
have got a new machine is a phenom quad core with x-fi sound and vista x64 every time ti try to play wow it freezes up usually with in 5 mins of starting, is there a known issue here? or is it something a little bit more drastic
July 1st 08 05:47 PM
by demonbrent Go to last post
4 521
Dx10 issue by derelict360
I was informed by the developers over at Flagship Studios that I may have a corrupt install of DX10 on my system. I went to reinstall DX10 but it tells me that I have the most up to date version and aborts the install. Does anyone know a way I can reinstall DX10? Also, I would like to try intalling DX9c to see if it helps any. Can
July 1st 08 11:10 AM
by MGbassace Go to last post
7 314
Mouse Acceleration by ArtisticAnarchy
Has anybody figured out a way to permanently remove mouse acceleration in vista? I have tried several mouse fixes but to no avail. Mouse acceleration is very troublesome when playing fps such as counter strike:source. -- ArtisticAnarchy
July 1st 08 08:12 AM
by ArtisticAnarchy Go to last post
0 304
best FPS for Vista? by bullred
Whats the best FPS for Vista? i have Unreal3 but not enough people play it. -- bullred Beauty is in the eye of the Beerholder! BR
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 1st 08 08:09 AM
by ArtisticAnarchy Go to last post

From The