Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
System crashes by Jobe Smith
------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 5/29/2008, 02:37:00 Machine name: MOAB Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Business (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: System manufacturer System Model: System Product Name
June 3rd 08 11:24 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
3 504
Spellforce by Someone Else
Does anyone know why when I install the patch for spellforce it crashes with vista??
June 3rd 08 01:42 AM
by Someone Else Go to last post
0 478
FSX adding to default aircraft... by EMS864
I am running into a problem when trying to add a new paint scheme to the default aircraft. I keep getting the following error message: Cannot create the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\B737_800\aircraft.cfg file. Make Sure that the path and file name are correct. I am doing everything like the readme describes and get this message every...
June 2nd 08 10:30 PM
by EMS864 Go to last post
1 455
Half Life 2 Engine Problem by Soulie
I have been having a problem with "Half Life 2 Engine" When ever I try to play CS:S (Why is this crashing because of HL2 Engine?) I start playing for awile everything is perfect and then a random crash. Vista tries to find the problem and comes up with this: Problem caused by Half-Life 2 Game Engine This problem was caused by Half-Life 2 Game Engine, which was created by Valve...
June 2nd 08 05:56 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
8 565
Deleting by jolley noonan
-- Jolley Noonan
June 2nd 08 02:48 AM
by jolley noonan Go to last post
3 539
F/s:apple Iphone 16 Gb $300 by bruce001
We have all brands of Mobile Phones,Laptops,Plasma and LCd TV,MP3,MP,ipods,games,psp,4 for sale at cheap and affordable prices, they rangefrom:Sony/Dell/Gateway/Sharp/Toshiba/Hp/Nokia/Samsung/LG/SonyEricsson/Motorola/Alcatel/panasonic. All Brands and all Models of Nextel Phones, we want you to get back to us with your quote so that we can begin a good business relationship.You can easily contact...
June 2nd 08 01:50 AM
by bruce001 Go to last post
0 476
Blue screen when playing Age of Conan by Ulises
I just got this computer for gaming. Its a iBUYPOWER with an Athlon 64 X2 Dualcore processor, 4G Ram, Vista Ultimate 64bit, Dual Nvidia 8800GT video cards. When I play Age of Conan, I get kicked out to a blue screen after a very few minutes. I can not read the blue screen because it goes away very fast. I'm desperate. Please help.
June 1st 08 04:15 AM
by ruokanga Go to last post
3 516
I lost my checker game on vista by syl[_3_]
My old computer had XP home which came with internet checkers game. Now on my new computer with Vista, there are no internet checkes that I can find. Can anyone help me. Can it be installed from my XP disc to me Vista computer ????
June 1st 08 01:00 AM
by Bare Foot Kid[_45_] Go to last post
1 485
Deleting programs by jolley noonan
I installed a game from Oberson via internet. I cannot delete this from my files. It says cannot open Install.Log. I've deleted them before throught the control panel but this certain one and one from Games I can't delete. I can't figure it out or where to go to find it but control panel. Thanks. -- Jolley Noonan
May 31st 08 07:19 PM
by jolley noonan Go to last post
4 609
RendDX9.dll error by Steelo
When running BF2142, I get a RendDX9.dll error after 2 hours and crashes to desktop. I know BF2142 is not DX10 compatable, but could I install DX9c to solve this problem?
May 31st 08 05:13 PM
by Haptenes[_2_] Go to last post
8 675
Do you love STEAM but suffer from by bob_c_b[_37_]
"HL2.exe has stopped working and will be closed" every time you exit TF2 and Portal? Me too, and I'm tired of it. So first let me address a few comments that I know will be made... 1. This started when Valve converted Steam for a typical foreground application and had it run as a service. I think we all agree this is a good thing, I'm very happy with Steam as a service, but the root of the issue...
May 31st 08 01:07 PM
by bob_c_b[_37_] Go to last post
0 465
Call of Juarez installation error 1628 by raks
Guys, Ive got a wierd problem im running vista 64 and i installed call of juarez and updated to DX10 but the game looked wierd when i launched so i unistalled it. Later after i had installed a few apps, MS office 07, Adobe Master Collection and games RS vegas 1 and 2 i tried ton install Call of Juarez again but this i get an error when i try to browse to a different location of install, it...
May 30th 08 09:55 PM
by raks Go to last post
4 523
Vista to Vista LAN Gaming by ZeroSP
Hi, Ive been having trouble trying to allow two Vista Laptops to connect to each other to play Civilization IV Complete. The first laptop is mine and the second is my friend's. Specs for the computers are below 1) ASUS F3Sv
May 29th 08 07:39 AM
by ZeroSP Go to last post
1 440
problems with Half Life 2: Deathmatch by squid
Hello. I'm having some problems with half life 2: deathmatch, and some other games aswell: I start the game, and it starts nicely and stuff, i get to play for some time(like 5 mins) and then my graphic card just crashes.... id like to know what to do to repair it. My system specs a Amd Athlon 64 X2 4400+
May 29th 08 07:26 AM
by tremonti92 Go to last post
3 401
Total annihilation: kingdoms update won't install by LPent
I got my old Total Annihilation: Kingdoms to install just fine on Vista Premium x64. But I want to update it to the latest version (3). The downloaded patch however says: The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you are using check to see if you need a 32 or 64 bit version. In other words, the patch-installer is 16 bits and it won't run...is there a solution?
May 28th 08 03:13 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 554
How do I backup Windows Games statistics? by Kamp
I am wondering if there's a way to backup & restore Windows Games (eg. Minesweeper, Freecell) statistics. I know it can be done on Win XP, but they must have changed how the game stats are stored in Vista.
May 28th 08 01:29 PM
by Kamp Go to last post
0 425
Whoa Games Explorer Update by Rodger
Today I recieved an update for Windows Vista (Update for Microsoft Windows (kb947562)) which contained an update for Microsoft Games Explorer. It reads "this application is updated to improve functionality". Well lets hope that fixes some of the problems with Games Explorer
May 28th 08 10:38 AM
by Rodger Go to last post
0 407
Unable to exit MSTS normally by Graeme
At the completion of running a game in MSTS after closing I end up with a completely blank screen and the only way I can exit this screen is to press Crtl+Alt+Delete which then returns me to the opening screen displaying "log off" "change password" etc. Anyone else having the same problem. I have Vista Home Premium. Thanking you
May 27th 08 10:14 PM
by Clinton Go to last post
5 707
diret3d by verdugo369
I have Vista and having problems with diret3d when i start age of empire 3?
May 27th 08 09:23 PM
by Dustin Harper Go to last post
2 512
World of warcraft crashes, how to read error message? by Peter
Hello im wondering how i decide the reasonfor a gamecrash? i get an error message and im wondering if it is a game issue or windows or even hardware? i have used a fully registrated windows vista premium 64 bit version almost one year with no real problem and now this happens all of a sudden when i play wow Im trying to post two pics of what the message saying...
May 27th 08 05:41 AM
by Peter Go to last post

From The