Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Chess Titans Draw BUG - ERROR by Juliano Caldeira
Well, When we have a queen and 2 towers breaking the computer king we dont have a DRAW... Its a check mate... but.. Chess Titans says : "draw" When it occurs 1 time, its ok. But 3 times in a week its ridiculous. ThereĀ“s an algorithm error. Anybody know about how to solve this problem?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 28th 07 12:36 AM
by Juliano Caldeira Go to last post
10 499
Removing a Patch by Hammad Salloo
I installed a game on my Windows Vista PC and I downloaded a patch for it. However, I don't like the patch but I can't seem to locate where it is on my PC, therefore I can't remove it. I uninstalled the game and installed it again and again the patched game loaded. How can I find out where it is on my PC?
June 28th 07 07:22 AM
by Necunoscut Go to last post
1 320
open GL by P gob
while installing the games, a error message appears : "impossible to find Open GL" and the games don't run. can someone help me ? Is there something to do ?
June 28th 07 01:16 PM
by Dale White Go to last post
1 287
BFME2 by KARNAK
Game is fully installed. On start up the splash screens appear and then it asks me to install the correct cdrom in the drive although the correct cd is in. Tried installing the game onto a virtual drive but it only gets as far as the splash screen and the stops. Any one that has this game running on Vista 32bit, I would app any feed back. Dave. ZOOSTORM INTEL DUOCORE E6700 @2.67GHZ MSI P6N SLI...
June 28th 07 03:20 PM
by KARNAK Go to last post
7 446
FROZEN POGO!! by Desert Rat
I have a new computer with windows vista..ugh! My problem is..whenever i try to play texas holdem poker it freezes..sometimes I manage to get into a room but 8 times out of ten it freezes. I have tried everything that has been suggested so far but NOTHING seems to work. I can play other games ok ..the problem just seems to be with poker. ANY NEW SUGGESTIONS would be appreciated!
June 28th 07 05:45 PM
by Andy Go to last post
3 226
Pogo online games by barb
Bought a laptop with Vista Home Premium, I can't play pogo.com games, loads then several seconds later it gives me a error message. Something like software running is preventing the game from downloading, ad blocker, firewall, antibirus, or other Internet Security. Even the "Geek Squad" couldn't fix it. Can someone please help?
June 28th 07 05:50 PM
by Mac Go to last post
5 264
Halo 2 Activation?! by Andy
Quote from the Halo 2 Privacy Statment regarding activation... "What this feature does Activation is aimed at reducing product counterfeiting so that Microsoft customers can receive the product quality that they expect. Once your product is activated, a specific product key becomes associated with the computer (the hardware) on which it is installed. After association is completed, use of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 28th 07 06:00 PM
by Andy Go to last post
15 385
frozen pogo by Desert Rat
Thank you Andy..Much appreciated!
June 28th 07 07:30 PM
by Desert Rat Go to last post
0 173
test by hrljr
test
June 30th 07 06:08 AM
by hrljr Go to last post
0 374
Flight Sim X - Install Problem by CSM
I have a Vista based system (32bit) that won't allow FSX to install. When the first Disk is inserted I run the "Run dvdcheck.exe" that is displayed under the "Install or Run Program" heading and my system instantly goes to blue screen and restarts. I'm sure this has come up before. Any ideas? HELP!! Thanks, CM
June 30th 07 09:14 AM
by CSM Go to last post
0 195
Red Orchestra by FreddieFlint
having installed Steam and red orchestra, the game starts fine but as soon as game starts it freezes and crashes me to a bsod with sometimes a ntfs.sys error and sometimes another error. is this an incompatibility issue?
June 30th 07 07:56 PM
by FreddieFlint Go to last post
0 158
CANT PLAY SOF2 OR DIABLO2 ON VISTA by CANT PLAY ON SOF2 OR DIABLO2 ON VISTA
I HAVE JUST BOUGHT NEW LAPTOP AND FOUND OUT THAT I CANT PLAY ON WINDOWS VISTA DUE TO IT NOT BEING COMPATABLE, CAN ANYBODY HELP ME, MICROSOFT PLEASE.
June 30th 07 09:18 PM
by SkyRocket Go to last post
9 285
FSX running out of memory by Martin Racette
Hi, I got the game earlier this week, and it runs fine except for the above mentioned problem, I don't understand since my computer has 4Gb of RAM, and all RAM meters never goes over 50% of the RAM that is been use CPU Athlon 5200+ RAM 4Gb OS Vista x64 Video EVGA 8800GTS 640Mb
June 30th 07 11:22 PM
by Simon Harvey Go to last post
8 304
Vista, Games and Headers by Spektor
Well having just had to have manually patched a third .exe from a game of mine to let it run in vista without eventually imploding as memory usage goes up, I felt it was time to get an answer to this... So basically certain apps don't have header files included in their executables to address more than 2GB of memory and if they so happen to approach 2GB of memory usage (as pretty much any...
July 1st 07 06:09 PM
by Peter Lawton Go to last post
4 187
Vista gaming by James Kanuck
I have been using Vista Premium for a few months now and I'm slowly using all if it's features. Can anyone recommend any simple games for Vista. I play Tiger golf but '07 dosen't work so I need to expand! Thanks all.- Jim
July 1st 07 09:41 PM
by Frenchy Go to last post
1 275
Administrative Account help by TallGuy
when i try to download a patch for a game it says that i need to be on an administrative account which im am, what can i do to fix this?
July 2nd 07 04:21 PM
by Mark Go to last post
1 233
H2V will not start by Scroogen
My problem is that I have halo 2 for windows vista and when I put it in the DVD drive it doesn't start. I have no idea what the problem is, and I was wondering if someone on this forum would know. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate my computer specs are Intel Bad Axe 2 motherboard
July 2nd 07 06:14 PM
by Scroogen Go to last post
2 220
Games Explorer by Amrykid
How do I make Games Explorer (folder) download box art?
July 2nd 07 06:38 PM
by Mark Go to last post
3 265
Are there games that will run on Vista 64bit? by Imageman
Are there currently any games available designed to run on Vista 64 bit. Or non 64 bit games that will work well? I wandered in to Best Buy the other day, and the games sales person told me not for at least two years . . . Huh? Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit Intel Core 2 6600 2.4 GHz NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS 4GB Memory
July 2nd 07 07:26 PM
by Zero Go to last post
8 286
Lost my 3D Chess Titans by pccitgo
No idea what happened but as I was trying to install some drivers for Windows Mobile Device Centre my Chess Titans stopped displaying in 3D and when I go to the options to set it back all the 3D items are greyed out. Anyone know how to get the options back again. Have tried latest Nvidia drivers but no luck there. I hope I dont have to reinstall Vista again. So its 2D only until I find the...
July 3rd 07 06:44 AM
by pccitgo Go to last post

From The