Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Gamepad doesn't keep Vista x64 from doing power save functions by S.SubZero
I have a Logitech USB gamepad which I use on my Vista x64 laptop. Games run fine, but Vista doesn't seem to count the gamepad towards the power management functions (ie. blank screen after 20 minutes) so after 20 minutes of only using the gamepad, my video blanks and I have to wake it up by nudging the mouse. At least one of my games isn't too friendly with this and it tends to have trouble...
May 19th 08 05:47 PM
by Poky[_2_] Go to last post
1 404
playing White Wolf by bjmace
Nancy Drew game White Wolf of Icicle Creek, I can not seem to get to go outside of the lodge, the gage reads to cold out? using Windows Vista
May 19th 08 11:54 AM
by Olórin[_2_] Go to last post
1 611
Microsoft Train Simulator by Jimmy Rich
Have loaded program onto new PC running Vista Home Premium. The program begins to load but at approx 2/3 along the completion bar a direct X diagnostics application starts. The game stops loading and eventually shuts down on its own accord. The direct X diagnostics remains open and states that there are no problems. This happens on every occasion when trying to load.
May 19th 08 02:42 AM
by MBO[_2_] Go to last post
1 444
Need Blue Screen Help in Cabal by Roger Weeks
Ok I used to be able to play this game Cabal but now I get a Blue Screen Error. This is my info if anyone can help me. Problem signatu
May 18th 08 07:57 PM
by Roger Weeks Go to last post
0 364
game crashes by CRIS
supreme commander forged alliance,slows down after 30 min.of play,then eventually crashes I can only play it in easy mode.I am using vista,directx10,nvidia geforce8500,any solutions please respond.
May 18th 08 11:22 AM
by Jules Augley Go to last post
2 405
why cant I get msn games to play?? by bonnie
I have been playing msn games bejeweled 2 for 6 months now. Just about a week ago when I go to play Bejeweled the screen comes up for it to start the countdown and then it stops at 0 seconds remaining without the game starting. What could be causing this? I am not sure but maybe it is an administrator setting somewhere that accidently got set wrong maybe??
May 17th 08 10:30 PM
by bonnie Go to last post
1 382
Deleting Games in Windows Vista by trashtotreasure
How do I delete and/or uninstall Solitare and Spider Solitare from Windows Vista? These games have become addictive time wasters for me. Thanks.
May 17th 08 03:50 PM
by theiceman Go to last post
8 347
autosave files by Eric Keys-U Florida Women
Where are the autosave and saved games files for CIV III in Vista? I cannot find them anywhere and it is starting to bug me. Thanks
May 16th 08 02:09 PM
by Eric Keys-U Florida Women Go to last post
0 396
Purble voices? by Grandma Barbara
Is there a way to enable the prompts/instructions to be voiced, rather than displayed in Purble Place? The kids who play these games (at least the ones that use my machine) can't read.
May 15th 08 06:40 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 413
Can't run games in DX 10, no idea why =( by Akira
Hello, I'm writing here because I can't get directx 10 to run on any games I play. For example, Team Fortress 2. The option to change which direcx version to use is grayed out, and it's on direct x 9 on both hardware and software. My specs: I'm running Windows Vista home premium (32 bit), and dxdiag confirms DirectX 10 is installed. I have an Intel Core 2 6600, and 4 gigs of ram. The video...
May 15th 08 06:37 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
5 450
Adding aircraft to FSX results in generic appearance - no graphics by MBO[_2_]
I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong here. This is in reference to the Dash 8, which my great young nephew flies for Horizon. I am trying to download the Dash 8 and use the Horizon graphics, but all I get is what looks like a grey, very generic appearing aircraft. I'd appreciate any advice someone has as to how I could remedy this if possible. I'm using FSX with SP1. thanks for your help.
May 15th 08 03:57 AM
by Katy Pluta Go to last post
1 399
It's your plane for FSX by Charles Shapiro
Anyone out there have this addon "It's Your Plane" loaded? I downloaded the 15 day evaluation copy. Installed it. Realized I did not have FSUIPC4 installed. Downloaded and installed this, but when I try to bring up the program I get a message that it (FSUIPC4) isn't loaded and then it closes. The speech recognition is loaded and all tutorials finished and it is working. I download the...
May 15th 08 03:08 AM
by Jack.N Go to last post
1 363
Will this help improve gaming on vista? by [email protected]
i would just like to know, is it worth upgrading my current procesor to improve gaming on my computer? Im currently using windows vista home premium 64bit amd 64x2 3800 4 gig ram nvidia 8800gts Apparently my mother board does not support quad cores, so my question
May 14th 08 04:17 PM
by r2rX[_3_] Go to last post
8 431
Rakion: Chaos Force by Learned
Free P2P action game.. Main issue is with Windows Firewall. I made an inbound rule remote IP (the other player) local IP 192.168.2.2 I am trying to block connections to certain players (hackers) For some reason even with an inbound rule against connecting to that IP
May 14th 08 04:03 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
1 395
problems with Nascar 2003 by Mike
I am having a problem with my car warping out online. I am wondering if it is a problem with my ISP, or if I have issues running the game with VISTA. Anyone else having similar problems?
May 13th 08 03:06 AM
by Michael Go to last post
2 350
Help Me by Greatest Love
I need to know, if Microsoft have some patch for Windows Vista about the file "win32hlp". I trying install old games, and the OS send a message "the file win32hlp is not found", and i installed games from DOS, and those games can't execute it. For these reason, i wish to know if exist some patch or if in the Windows Vista SP1 the file comment and about the installation of games in...
May 12th 08 10:44 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 390
Problem loading game on new computer by Miss1900
Hi Ive been reading the post here about direct x but I dont really understand all of it. I have a question that hopefully someone will know the answer to. Ok, everytime I try to install my game onto the computer it installs but when I try to play, it gives me an error msg about d3drm.dll not being found. then vista closes the game. I tried reinstalling but the same thing happens. Ive figured...
May 12th 08 04:38 PM
by Nick[_6_] Go to last post
8 361
A quiet weekend in Capri by John Sisker
I tried to install "A quiet weekend in Capri" on a laptop, which uses Windows Vista. The game was really designed for Windows XP/98/95/ME. I managed to get it to work - sort of, but it needs a bit of fine-turning. I can's seem to clearly access the start menus, encountering a big black square instead, and from then on, everything is in Italian instead of English. Any suggestions?
May 11th 08 08:13 PM
by John Sisker Go to last post
0 345
A Quiet weekend in Capri by John Sisker
I tried to install "A quiet weekend in Capri" on a laptop, which uses Windows Vista. The game was really designed for Windows XP/98/95/ME. I managed to get it to work - sort of, but it needs a bit of fine-turning. I can's seem to clearly access the start menus, encountering a big black square instead, and from then on, everything is in Italian instead of English. Any suggestions?
May 11th 08 08:12 PM
by John Sisker Go to last post
0 333
Video drivers lost/misconfigured after reboot by Nomadic Drivers
Hello, I am having a problem running any DirectX application (game or app) on my PC. When I try I get errors either stating that I don't have a graphics card that supports it, that I must update my graphics card drivers or errors of missing DirectX files (error varies based on the application). Even things like simple DirectX demos fail to run. If I uninstall and re-install the drivers...
May 11th 08 08:04 PM
by Nomadic Drivers Go to last post

From The