Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Install games on Vista Business by Margy
It seems that the games, freecell, solitaire etc are only on Vista Home - not Vista business. Is there any way of installing the games onto a desktop / notebook with Vista Business? I have a teenager with a new HP Notebook with Vista Business and she is terribly disappointed because there are not games. Please assist -- Margy Durban, South Africa
May 11th 08 06:27 PM
by Margy Go to last post
3 336
games Rendering everywhere! by mikadee
I just recently updgraded to Vista Home Premium about a week ago, and I have hit a major problem: any game on Vista has problems rendering objects, with misplaced or missing parts of objects all over the place. Everything else on Vista runs fine. here's a few screenshots to better illustrate what I mean: Nvidia 3d test http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b68/mikadee/vista/prob1.jpg
May 10th 08 08:30 PM
by Carl Go to last post
5 457
Changing Solitaire Card Size by S
Hi When playing solitaire recently, I pressed something that made the cards large. I like the smaller cards. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change it back?
May 10th 08 05:39 PM
by Grasshopper Go to last post
1 333
silent hunter 3 by Spook 13
Help please. I'm tring to update (downloaded the patch) but it says the main.cfg version file is unknown. Any ideas? http://spookpaleis.myminicity.com/tra/
May 10th 08 12:35 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
1 377
Free Hobowars Infinate Wake Mod by Master Modder
Hobowars infinate wake mod, This mod gives you an infinate supply of wake, to where you will never get tired. This is a very rare mod, once in a lifetime. You can train for hours without ever stopping. Password and Username is needed to install the mod into your account. Hobo Information: Name:XXXXX (0000000) Gang: None Gender: Male Level: 1
May 10th 08 09:50 AM
by procherrysreview Go to last post
2 375
ms links 2003 by JohnTy
Hi Does anyone know how to get this to work properly in vista? Johnty
May 9th 08 03:56 PM
by JohnTy Go to last post
0 312
test by farbuncle
May 9th 08 03:48 PM
by Spook 13 Go to last post
3 403
bf2 by [email protected]
hi kan mir einer helfen kan man bf2 auf einen pc mit vista insterliren
May 8th 08 08:34 PM
by Ignis Go to last post
2 376
front line fuel of war by wisemonk[_2_]
front line fuel of war keeps crashing it get to the first loading screen ie when you click on play it shows a picture of front lines then goes to load a black screen comes then it appears with frontlines fuel of war has stopped working help will be appreciated im running windows vista
May 8th 08 03:02 AM
by wisemonk[_2_] Go to last post
3 350
System Shock 2 - Blank Screen Help by Galskygge
Sorry if this has been asked and previously solved before (didn't find it in this thread though). I installed System Shock 2 on my computer (vista home premium 32bit), and it will load fine. My problem is that once you get out of the menu and go to start a new game or click on intro the screen just goes blank and stays blank (a black screen basically). Does anyone have any idea as to what could...
May 7th 08 06:48 PM
by Galskygge Go to last post
4 715
Jeux FReecel, solitaire, etc by Jamimi
J'ai installé une version EOM WINDOW VISTA Professionnel ( La version Familiale n'étant pas disponible chez mon fournisseur) Aucun jeu n'est présent dans cette version. Comment puie-je me procurer les jeux qui existaient sur XP et sur la version Vista familiale ? Merci de votre réponse
May 7th 08 03:05 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 360
FSX Installation problem by David Wong
Please help, I have just installed Windows Vista, updated to SP1 and put in my FSX Deluxe DVD and the following error message appears: "Error reading initialization file" How do I bypass this to be able to install FSX?
May 7th 08 03:03 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
9 492
Gaming Fullscreen by JimmyD
I've been playing games like CS and Frets on Fire now since i got my computer (about a yr ago) and all's been well until recently all my games are opening as a small image on the screen not in fullscreen and i cant enlarge it any way. ive tried changing my resolution but i didnt do anything. HELP!! :S
May 7th 08 07:38 AM
by JimmyD Go to last post
4 318
Online FPS Rate by Ignis
I was getting 25-50 FPS Rate while playing BF 2142 on High settings,and I would get like 100 ping in 64 player Assault Lines,Titan servers.So When It was like down to 25 FPS the screen would lag. I lowered all to medium,but my FPS didnt change =P.So is my computer able to handle it but teh problem is with my net connection? -- Ignis
May 6th 08 10:25 PM
by Hz[_4_] Go to last post
7 418
Dawn of war metadata in vista game explorer by Aries[_2_]
Hi everyone, i had DOW installed on vista and the expansion, winter assault and both appeared in my games folder with their "album art" and all that stuff, but i uninstalled them both and installed the game of the year edition and dark crusade and only winter assault appeared in the folder. I dragged the other two in, but they dont download any "artwork" Whats up? can i fix it?
May 6th 08 01:10 PM
by Ignis Go to last post
1 312
Freecell - windows Vista by Suzanne[_3_]
J'ai joué environ 40 parties mais à chaque fois que j'ouvre mon ordinateur c'est toujours la même partie qui revient. Comment faire pour avoir une nouvelle partie à l'ouverture à moins que je n'ai enregistrée la partie non finie. Merci beaucoup
May 6th 08 01:07 PM
by Ignis Go to last post
5 344
Need help with Halo 2 by razor_303
I just got Halo 2 for Windows Vista and installed it, I verified the key online and everything, and when i tried running it there was an error. It said there weren't sufficient resources to run the game or that some files were missing and to reinstall the game again. then a window pops up and says halo 2 stopped working and that if i want to check for solutions online and close or just close...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 6th 08 06:39 AM
by Donald L McDaniel[_3_] Go to last post
30 1,149
Saved Hold 'Em game won't go away! by drewby doo
i dunno if i had a bad shutdown, a BSOD, or whatever, but every time i start up Hold 'Em, it always asks if i want to resume my saved game. it's always the same hand, same standing, and hence i can't advnace my stats. not much of a big deal since it's just and "extra", but the issue intrigues me. i took a quick look around the file system and was not able to find any directory for the game -...
May 5th 08 08:17 PM
by drewby doo Go to last post
4 340
Apple Iphone 16Gb/8Gb Nokia N95 8Gb by tltd[_2_]
Company Details - TELCOM COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED. Registered No. 05465599 Address.36A GORING ROAD, GORING BY SEA, WORTHING, WEST SUSSEX, BN12 4AD Incorporation Date: 1986 TELCOM COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED is a specialized supplier of Mobile phones (GSM and CDMA), Video Games , Apple Ipods , Iphone , Laptops / Notebook Digital
May 5th 08 08:02 PM
by gandy Go to last post
1 339
replay of trials by stratts28
I was just curious to know if there's any way to reset the tracking of expired game trials. I've come across a few demo's I like but can not justify 20 bucks for a game I will finish in a week! I've tried to search for different download sites, but, they mostly go through the same publisher so no more play for me :( Any advice would be appriciated! -- thnx:P
May 5th 08 07:29 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post

From The