Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Gears Of War by roy69[_10_]
Ok so I know alot of people are having trouble with this game as I did when I first had it. Do not try to run this game from your CD as it will crash. I managed to get it to work by first visit http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/c/3/3c352775-a914-46b5-95e6-4606b4c92dbd/Windows6.0-KB940105-x64.msu. This will download an update for vista that is required then, Click on the Start menu, go to...
May 5th 08 12:16 PM
by broot22 Go to last post
6 919
Age of Empires 3 Trial Loading and then Closing to Desktop... by Frontline1944
"Frontline1944" wrote: Hello, all - I recently downloaded the Age of Empires III Trial from the official website. I needed to input the administrator password a few times before it was completely installed, but that wasn't a big issue. The problem is that whenever I open AoE3, it will go to the opening screen (showing the title and Microsoft Studios, etc.) and then to the...
May 4th 08 12:11 AM
by Frontline1944 Go to last post
0 319
Apple Iphone 16Gb/8Gb Nokia N95 8Gb by tltd
Company Details - TELCOM COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED. Registered No. 05465599 Address.36A GORING ROAD, GORING BY SEA, WORTHING, WEST SUSSEX, BN12 4AD Incorporation Date: 1986 TELCOM COMMUNICATIONS LIMITED is a specialized supplier of Mobile phones (GSM and CDMA), Video Games , Apple Ipods , Iphone , Laptops / Notebook Digital
May 4th 08 12:07 AM
by tltd Go to last post
0 317
Computer crashes. by Chook
When connecting to the Game Manager server at Bigpond.com, Game Arena(which is a game rental site) to start the download process, windows shuts down unexpectedly and the following information comes up in the problem report. Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 3081
May 3rd 08 11:13 PM
by Chook Go to last post
0 352
Video Card? by Dylan
mmk i got halo 2 for christmas and it said i needed vista. so i got vista and after i installed it i went on that thing that rates your PC's performance and it gave me a 1.0 this makes no sense because my computer is awesome. i have an extremely fast processor, plenty of RAM, and the second best video card available. and when it gave me a 1.0, it said that the cause of this was because my...
May 3rd 08 06:09 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
8 387
Online gaming in Vista not working by Need2playGames
All games work fine in XP, but when i switched to vista, i tried to play online games like Rakion or Wolfteam, it freezes when i try to start the game, i dont see any problem when im actually on the game list choosing a room to enter, but when i enter the game, the screen freezes... also, when i try to run Wolfteam, the RAM shoots up to 100% and the process takes up over 200,000K, i dont get...
May 3rd 08 03:07 AM
by Geoffrey Cohen Go to last post
3 316
Screen spinning around by Toxicaze
Hello. I've got a problem with my screen just spinning around while playing a few games. To describe the problem it like the "a" key is being held down all the time and won't realese. The problem started yesterday when I went to a LAN and it only affects a few games such as Turok and Devil May Cry 3. I have tried to change the mouse and the keyboard with no luck. The keyboard being used is...
May 3rd 08 12:18 AM
by Toxicaze Go to last post
3 323
GAMES SHUTTING DOWN by Moose29
When playing a variety of games, they will shut down on their own at no specific point of the game. Games this has happened to include: Zoo Tycoon 2, NHL08, Railroad Tycoon Platinum & Sim City 3000 Unlimited. Of course all newly created data from the last save is lost. Very Annoying
May 2nd 08 09:11 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
8 512
UAC should have been a Business class feature, not for Home Users by JD Wohlever
I hate to say so MS, but your average joe, the person you are making UAC for, is going to do exactly what they are doing, that is turning UAC off. Example, my mother is your basic Internet User. She just graduated from AOL to a normal broadband connection after me telling her for years how much better broadband would be for her. She bought a PC that had Vista Home Premium on it. Suddenly...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 2nd 08 12:00 AM
by James R. Go to last post
103 2,326
Image Corruption in Hearts in Vista Ultimate by dbessis
I have image corruption in Hearts when running Vista Ultimate. I tried sfc to no avail. Also a copy I made of my Hard Drive before the corruption occured shows that Games has ZERO bytes! All other directories seem OK. Why this? Does Microsoft prevent making a copy of Games? Any help welcome
May 1st 08 11:42 PM
by dbessis[_2_] Go to last post
2 345
Scrabble by Marco Almenta
New version 1.1 for scrabble-like game freely available to download from: www.sourceforge.net/projects/tilez Revamped User Interface Translation to Spanish French and Italian More Dics Download and enjoy!
April 30th 08 07:00 PM
by Marco Almenta Go to last post
0 347
Sound Does Not Work in Spider Solitaire by griff
I have three users set up on Vista Ultimate PC. One user's sound does not work in Spider Solitaire althrough the option for sound is selected. The sound works for other games for this user. The other users are not experiencing this issue. Any suggestions?
April 30th 08 06:28 PM
by griff Go to last post
0 289
Help in sims 2 Windows vista by X-hollow
I got a computer on windows vista.I got sims 2 and i installed it perfectly. Then when i try to run it it starts with the sims 2 picture then it says sims 2 stop working any help?
April 30th 08 05:02 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
3 320
Error: Executable for Chess Titans has stopped working by TGEIS
Hello, I loved playing Chess Titans on my new PC with vista. But, after about 2 weeks it just stopped working. After I click on the game Chess Titans in says "Loading", then gives a window saying the Exectuable has stopped working... Windows is searching for a solution. But, it never finds one. Please help. I really want this game working again. Thank you!! I have been searching the net but...
April 30th 08 03:46 PM
by baldbuster Go to last post
1 368
Dungeon Siege by Romulo Xavier
Olá Pessoal , eu tive um problema ao instalar o Dungeon Siege 1 no Vista, alguem tem alguma dica, pois o jogo nao da suporte para o Vista,
April 30th 08 02:17 PM
by Romulo Xavier Go to last post
0 293
crashing by wisemonk[_2_]
Hi my front line game keeps crashing for no reason im running windows vista it doesnt come up with any errors it start up when you get the first picture then goes to flick over screens then crashes need help -- wisemonk
April 30th 08 10:26 AM
by wisemonk[_2_] Go to last post
5 306
this is hell by manuel
I'v already called microsoft help phone line and they just say its not compatible I think this is like a curse upon us.
April 29th 08 10:27 PM
by Shroder Go to last post
6 291
fsx not working in vista by Dougy
Hi can anyone help please, i have installed Vista and now when i try to run FSX, the programs keeps closing with a vista message box saying it has stopped working and windows will close it and notify of a solution...it then closes and DOES NOT notify of any solution It was working perfectly well under XP, i have done a repair install as well. Thanks Paul
April 29th 08 07:42 PM
by alanbooth Go to last post
4 320
Everquest2...8800 by Darkwolf77lw
Recently I have gotten a brand new 8800gt bfg. Just a single card mind you not SLI. Evrything SLI has been stopped and every know fix has been tried. Both of which was on nvidia site and the eq2 forms. The problem is im getting a 2 to 4 sec studder in game when im play walking standing fighting and I have to tell you its ****ing me off. Many people claim that it is the Vista OS which I would...
April 29th 08 05:12 PM
by Findel88[_3_] Go to last post
9 335
Halo 2 the ONLY game I can't run under Windows 2008! by boe[_2_]
Hello, The ONLY game I can't run in 2008 server is HALO 2 - how is that for ironic, MS's app is the only one I can't get working. COD4, MOHA, Bioshock, Crysis, UT3, Q4, D3 etc etc all work great. Anyone have a guess why HALO2 won't work. I changed DEP for just MS essentials. The game crashes during initial startup - as the light beam hits the H in HALO2. would really like it if...
April 29th 08 03:39 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post

From The