Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
problems installing a game from a CD-rom by megameg21
I am having problem installing a Nancy Drew (herinteractive) game and I go to My Computer and i click on the drive it's in and it wont start or install! I need help. Also, when i put it in the CD-R/W drive the green light under it lights up and the fan inside it moves like its about to run. It stays like that for about a minute then it does nothing like i didn't even put it in! Help! --...
April 14th 08 03:05 PM
by Jasper[_3_] Go to last post
1 366
Sudden Strike series by Patton
The SS series have no sound and SSII can't be played in RWM! :confused: Really thinking of returniinh to my trusted Windows XP:D -- Patton Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
April 14th 08 12:22 PM
by Gaza[_2_] Go to last post
1 325
Dll Error Playing Sorry! by niagara94
Hi, I am trying to run Sorry! on Vista and at first I got an error that said that mss32.dll was missing. I put a copy of this dll in the Sorry! game folder and now I get the error "The procedure entry point _AIL_start_sample_at@8 could not be located in the dynamic link library mss32.dll" Any ideas on how I can fix this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Any help would be greatly...
April 14th 08 12:54 AM
by niagara94 Go to last post
0 297
Increase starting points in Vista Ultimate Hold Em by [email protected]
I have Windows Vista Ultimate and have installed the Hold Em game as part of the Extras available for download. I noticed in the Options the starting points/chips/money (whatever) can only be set to a maximum of 9999. Is there a system file that I can edit that would increase this amount, say to 1000000 (one million)? I like to play big time! Thanks in advance.
April 13th 08 12:21 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 351
syqo screen by mitchelldog4
whenever i play fsx whithin 10 minutes a weird black gray and white weird stripey screen comes up any help but the sound still plays and responds so i think it is the graphics card i have a nvidia mcp67m the version is 7.15.11.147
April 12th 08 05:36 PM
by mitchelldog4 Go to last post
0 279
Error message on flight simulator 2004 by SPIDERBAIT
Hi, I have recently installed flight simulator 2004 on my computer. it has installed fine but when i go to start the game it says to insert CD4 then comes up error message cannot locate CD ROM. I have tried most of the trouble shooting posts but still have the same problem. I hope you guys can help me out with this and find a solution i am running it with windows vista basic and hope this is...
April 12th 08 04:47 PM
by Katy Pluta Go to last post
4 686
F/s:brand New 8gb Nokia N95 For Just ...$350usd by elect11
We are Registerd and Legitimate under the uk company house on 'UK Data Ltd | Company credit reports, Companies House Filings, Company Accounts and Company Director Search' (http://www.ukdata.com), We Work Force of Over 200 Staffs and 90 R & D Research Engineers that always make sure that all products are delivered in good condition. We supply many other electronic products, such as Mobile...
April 12th 08 01:24 AM
by elect11 Go to last post
0 300
game downloads by bpar
I can't seem to get a downloaded game to play. it will go to a file but i don't know what to do after that. I am just learning this thing and I need help . like step by step instructions my machine is bells window vista bpar
April 11th 08 08:23 PM
by bpar Go to last post
0 315
Issues with built-in games by Svedin
Hi, I run Vista Business 64-bit ("clean" install a week ago) and am having troubles with some of the built-in games. Games having trouble: FreeCell Mahjong Titans Minesweeper Purple Place Solitaire Spider Solitaire
April 10th 08 08:32 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
4 313
Sims 1 and 2 by Marky.[_2_]
I have a new Dell PC with Home Vista, but I can load or play both Sims games. Can someone help?
April 10th 08 05:26 PM
by Marky.[_2_] Go to last post
0 314
a game not responding by Yiannis
Dear friends, I installed the update for Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 from Konami, and therefore my kids cannot start the game, in their limited account. A black screen appears and the program stop responding. At my account (administrator) the game works perfect. I try to run the game as Administrator in their account (with parental control), but nothing happened. I copied the game's option and...
April 10th 08 12:01 PM
by Yiannis Go to last post
0 315
Windows Vista on a laptop vs. desktop by John Sisker
Had addressed a question to this newsgroup about the questionable performance of some older games (Myst III Exile) on a laptop using Windows Vista computer. While some information I received in answer to my question was at least trying to help, the actual answer came through the technical people who produced the game. Simply put, I was told the video cards in laptops at just not supported as...
April 9th 08 10:13 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
4 390
Problems with Age of Empire 3 and Vista by baldeagle
Hi , can anyone help me with a problem i am having trying to make Age of Empires 3 play on my new vista premium computer. The game has worked perfectly well on my previous computer with windows XP. The game appears to load ok and actually goes through the video introduction with no problems but as soon as it gets to the screen where you select play options it shuts down and a meassage appears...
April 9th 08 09:44 PM
by IStronglyDislikeVista Go to last post
4 414
i can't update STEAM after installation - please help by bikemastermike
i just bought a brand new computer with windows vista home premium and Counter Strike Source, installed it and when i run it, it starts updating and at about 25% the following message appears: Debug Assertion Failed Program: C:/Program Files/Steam/Steam.exe File: /p4clients/rel_beta/Projects/Common/Misc/Win32Registry.cpp Line: 447 bCloseRet == 0L
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 8th 08 11:31 PM
by Korak9 Go to last post
13 644
.NET Framework corrupted and software, games and such, cannot play by Gastroid
Well, I am having severe .NET Framework 3.0 issues. Every time I try to run a modern game, the installation fails due to either a C++ error or a 1935 error. I have done some research and found that the games that due not work require a functional .NET Framework and the errors themselves are attributed to .NET. I have tried to manually change .NET via Turn Windows features on and off in the...
April 8th 08 08:56 PM
by Tim Go to last post
3 467
Strategy for Spider Solitaire by Geanger
What is the best strategy for Spider Solitaire?
April 8th 08 08:02 PM
by solitaire Go to last post
1 321
Windows Vista games on a laptop vs. desktop by John Sisker
Had addressed a question to this newsgroup about the questionable performance of some older games (Myst III Exile) on a laptop using Windows Vista computer. While some information I received in answer to my question was at least trying to help, the actual answer came through the technical people who produced the game. Simply put, I was told the video cards in laptops at just not supported as...
April 8th 08 07:53 PM
by David B.[_4_] Go to last post
3 312
PES 2008 by nickos_iliopoulos
I can't play PES 2008 in Vista but in XP plays perfect. I must install Virtual PC????
April 8th 08 05:23 AM
by Jacob Sleestaker Go to last post
2 357
Missing game after the clean install of the VISTA os by snowshine
My computer was originally came with XP MCE SP-2. This is a Dell computer. My children were able to play a built in game that came with the XP MCE SP-2 called Gemmaster. Dell provided a sweetner at the time of my purchase that they will provide the buyers with the express VISTA upgrade disk. Though it was an upgrade vista os disk, one could do a format and clean install of the vista os. This...
April 7th 08 10:05 PM
by Jacob Sleestaker Go to last post
3 304
Data error by LarryM
I get a G:\Setup Exe Data error(cyclic redundancy check) This the error I get when trying to load Neverwinter Nights 2 Any Help Thanks LarryM
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 7th 08 06:41 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post

From The