Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
NEED HELP vista wont let me extract files by texasallstar696
Hello, i am a modder for the game medieval total war 2 kingdoms. I am currently modding on a mod called p italica and I am having problems once i download the beta it opens up in WINRAR their are 4 folders the p italica the scrips the pictures and the launch button. When i try and extract p italica to my main med2 directory program files/sega/med2/ It says system cannot find path specified
November 1st 09 12:56 AM
by chelleng Go to last post
8 575
Dungeon Keeper 1 on Vista???? Possible??? by esmnh
Hi, I am trying to install one of my absolute fave games on Vista Home Basic and it installes perfectly but just wont run... I get the first screen of the game and then it just crash. I don't get any error message or anything of such. It just stop working... now I know its a VERY old game but is there ANY way to make this game work??? I love this game so much, can't get sick of it... hate...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 31st 09 03:11 PM
by Hyzoran Go to last post
16 1,079
FSX/readyboost drive/performance by Heath P. Dillon
Hi, My understanding is that a ready boost drive is a usb drive that vista uses to dump data to, rather than a hard disk as the readyboost drive is considered to be faster than the hard disk. So if my comment above is true, and I can now buy a 32gb readyboost drive for $70, is it a good idea to install games such as FsX onto a readyboost drive, and get better performance than using a HDD...
October 30th 09 01:37 PM
by Venator69 Go to last post
5 618
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Windows Vista Compatibilit by RTWright
Greetings All, I recently purchased a DELL Inspiron 1501 Laptop with MS Windows Vista Home Premium installed along with 1GB of RAM, and the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 Video Graphics Card. I changed the screen to 1024x768 from 1280x1024. I tried installing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and keep receiving an error as follows: - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has stopped working....
October 28th 09 08:31 PM
by DraconisRojo Go to last post
4 506
Star Force Protection by brianpham64
I just got my new game rainbow six lockdown and when i try to load it up it just gave me Star Force protection technology and it wont download y? -- brianpham64 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ brianpham64's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/148464.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-games/1262840.htm
October 25th 09 02:17 AM
by brianpham64 Go to last post
0 511
Star Force Protection by brianpham64
I just got my new game rainbow six lockdown and when i try to load it up it just gave me Star Force protection technology and it wont download y? -- brianpham64 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ brianpham64's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/148464.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-games/1262840.htm
October 25th 09 02:17 AM
by brianpham64 Go to last post
0 419
User Account Control by alanrco
Having seen info on the upcomming Mafia 2 game and thinking it would be a game I'd like, I purchased (for a song :) ) the original which is now 7 years old. It runs fine on my fairly new Vista system but what is annoying is the User Account Control cancel/allow window poping up every time I want to run it. Is there a way to bypass this window for exe files that I know are ok? Thanks, Alan
October 22nd 09 02:29 PM
by alanrco Go to last post
2 534
Crysis problems. by Chuck[_2_]
This problem began to be noticed on vista, but the vista laptop was too slow to really get into crysis. Crashes such as this one occur on both. In additon, Crysis may also fail to menu, and be resumed with the resume game selection. This is a new win 7 system with a quad core AMD Phenom II at 3.2ghz, not overclocked, and a Diamond MM HD4890 video card also not overclocked. 4G OCX 1066 memory...
October 22nd 09 04:29 AM
by Chuck[_2_] Go to last post
0 360
User Account Control by alanrco
Having seen info on the upcomming Mafia 2 game and thinking it would be a game I'd like, I purchased (for a song :) ) the original which is now 7 years old. It runs fine on my fairly new Vista system but what is annoying is the User Account Control cancel/allow window poping up every time I want to run it. Is there a way to bypass this window for exe files that I know are ok? Thanks, Alan
October 21st 09 01:28 PM
by alanrco Go to last post
0 432
Company of Heroes Gold Edition patch not updating. by essysin2
Alright, so i just bought COH today and after installing it it prompted me to download a patch. I did this, but had to restart it at about 99% as it froze, but was fine the second time. It then prompted me to download the next patch, and i've been stuck on 3.09 mb for a few hours now, ive tried restarting it and such, with nothing happening. any ideas on what to do? running vista x64 ultimate...
October 21st 09 02:25 AM
by lemur Go to last post
2 448
Company of Heroes Gold Edition patch not updating. by essysin2
Alright, so i just bought COH today and after installing it it prompted me to download a patch. I did this, but had to restart it at about 99% as it froze, but was fine the second time. It then prompted me to download the next patch, and i've been stuck on 3.09 mb for a few hours now, ive tried restarting it and such, with nothing happening. any ideas on what to do? running vista x64 ultimate...
October 21st 09 02:18 AM
by essysin2 Go to last post
0 341
FSX Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper problem by zed201
reloaded vista Ultimate64 last week to clean up the install FXS loaded alright before that know with this new clean load I get this error at the end of disc 2 right after it checks for DX9c & MXL 4 Error to number 0x80040702 Description: Failed to load DLL: GameuxInstallHelper Setup will now terminate any body know how to fix it
October 20th 09 07:37 PM
by Espen Harangen Go to last post
8 456
ERROR: hl2.exe has stopped working by wb0d
I just got a new computer with vista home premium on it. I installed steam, updated my graphics card drivers, and installed cs:s and it worked great for a few days. But now, whenever I try to launch cs:s, it just takes me to the menu screen and then crashes, and I get a message that says "hl2.exe has stopped working". I reinstalled steam and cs a few times. Then I heard this was an issue...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 19th 09 08:05 PM
by zach24 Go to last post
56 3,123
Music problems with older games by Ragnos[_2_]
Hello, guys. I have just registered after I have discovered this forum. I have a problem (which for me is a big one although nobody else seems to take notice): Older games which play their ingame music from cd, play it fine for one time and then they stop. If you want to bring it back you have to restart the game (save, quit, restart). That is annoying!!! I have noticed this in the following...
October 19th 09 11:25 AM
by Ragnos[_2_] Go to last post
0 386
Music problems with older games by Ragnos
Hello, guys. I have just registered after I have discovered this forum. I have a problem (which for me is a big one although nobody else seems to take notice): Older games which play their ingame music from cd, play it fine for one time and then they stop. If you want to bring it back you have to restart the game (save, quit, restart). That is annoying!!! I have noticed this in the following...
October 19th 09 11:19 AM
by Ragnos Go to last post
0 328
Flight Simulator X crashes at splash screen by PlasterCast
I installed FSX on vista. I've got an AMD dual core 4600 processor and 2gig of ram. I also have an nvidea Geforce 7600. When I run the game (either with or without admin and/or XP compatibility) it shows the splash screen (I think is what it's called) and it loads the scenery files (to 100%) and then has another window sorting out the scenery database, but it reaches 100% then gives "Microsoft...
October 16th 09 08:23 PM
by Pat Garard Go to last post
5 531
FSX Acceleration not INSTALLING after HDD loss by Pat Garard
G'Day all, Vista SP2, 4GB and two HDDs:- C:\ and D:\ C:\ has Windows and all programs (except ...) D:\ has (HAD) all data plus 3 games in D:\Program Files\... Lost D:\, replaced and recovered all data from Backup :) Re-installed the 3 games TO C:\ DRIVE THIS TIME No game required a Product Key - ergo lots of stuff in the Registry.
October 16th 09 08:56 AM
by Pat Garard Go to last post
0 533
FSX Acceleration not INSTALLING after HDD loss by Pat Garard
G'Day all, Vista SP2, 4GB and two HDDs:- C:\ and D:\ C:\ has Windows and all programs (except ...) D:\ has (HAD) all data plus 3 games in D:\Program Files\... Lost D:\, replaced and recovered all data from Backup :) Re-installed the 3 games TO C:\ DRIVE THIS TIME No game required a Product Key - ergo lots of stuff in the Registry.
October 16th 09 08:56 AM
by Pat Garard Go to last post
0 345
FSX - 64 Bit OS by AMHOWLETT
I recently purchased a new system primarily to run MS Flight Simulator FSX. The OS on my new righ (Packard Bell iXtreme) is Vista 64bit and I am already finding out that many addon programs to FSX are not supported by 64Bit OS. My question is whether or not I should upgrade to Windows 7. Any thoughts? Thanks, Andrew
October 16th 09 06:11 AM
by A Guy Called Tyketto Go to last post
8 515
Easy way to add / manage Games Explorer by smlunatick
I'm new to Vista. I have Vista Ultimate SP2 64 bit and noticed that there is the Games Explorer. However, it does not seem to be "easy" to add or manage the games listed in it. Can anyone recommend how to do this?
October 16th 09 02:09 AM
by DeXtmL[_3_] Go to last post

From The