Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
List of Games that work on Windows Vista by Larry
Links 2003 works if you play offline. I can't play online at all. When I try to host a game, my playing partner gets a connection failed error and if I join his game, I can get in, but the game crashed as soon as he hit the Play button. "Joshua" wrote: I was wondering if we could start to compile a list of Games that work on Windows Vista... As this would make it easier for many of...
October 14th 06 01:06 PM
by Larry Go to last post
0 535
Heroes 3 dont work stable by Alexey
Heroes of Might & Magic 3 don't work stable and often crash. Plus windowed mode of Heroes 3 is working incorrectly - window is bigger than must be. Is there some tips to check some properties to force this game to work right?
October 14th 06 03:46 PM
by Alexey Go to last post
0 551
Call Of duty crash by Cthelight
When i get to the level after the battle ship one, it starts to load everything fine, but after 1/3 of the way there the program crashes. I have tryed to reinstall the game but it dows not work. Anybody have an idea why this happens? help is greatly needed.
October 14th 06 11:49 PM
by Cthelight Go to last post
0 488
World of warcraft by Cthelight
When playing the level after the battle ship, when loading the next level it crashes at about 1/3 of the way there. the reinstall does not help.Help is needed! Thank you
October 14th 06 11:53 PM
by Cthelight Go to last post
1 468
Doom 3 patch not applying by Macaw2000
Installed Doom 3 from CD on an RC2 machine. Downloaded the Doom 1.3 patch and it will not apply. No error message... nothing happens.
October 15th 06 03:56 AM
by Macaw2000 Go to last post
3 446
Condition Zero and NHL 2007 by Prospero
I can't change resolution from 640x480 in NHL 2007, and in Condition Zero i can only use DirectX and Software mode to run the game in 1024x768. I want to play in good resolution mode. Who can help me with this problem? I suppose that is the problem with OpenGL, but I have no idea what to do with this.
October 15th 06 01:54 PM
by Prospero Go to last post
0 437
WoW Mods not saving data? by Trevor Swanson
So what you're saying is that there's no way to give WoW full rights, but instead I have to disable UAC altogether? I like the UAC feature as a whole, but if I'm going to be installing mods I'd like WoW to have permission to save the data... There's no way to do it? :( "Jason" wrote in message ... So far I've not...
October 15th 06 02:03 PM
by Trevor Swanson Go to last post
0 505
World of Warcraft random deep freezes by Trevor Swanson
I have Vista RC1 and though I haven't done anything too intensive such as raids or anything like that, the game runs fine. I have no addons installed either, so that could be an issue. Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2997MHz Memory: 1.5GB DDR333 Video: ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (NOT THE ATI DRIVERS, I used the ones that Vista supplied me with) "Jason" wrote in message
October 15th 06 02:11 PM
by Trevor Swanson Go to last post
0 474
Pro evolution soccer 5 & 6 by vincent.saint
(ENGLISH) Hello When I play PRO ERVOLUTION SOCCER 5 with WINDOWS VISTA, there are not music and not sound effects, just the music of the introduction. Already one 1 month that I ask on forums dedicated to this game, but people does not have answers. Many people have this problem. Then, how to make? Because in XP or 2000, the sound of this game goes very well. Does the audio of Vista manage...
October 15th 06 03:58 PM
by KaeL Go to last post
3 462
Skype and other spoke Tools does not work with games in RC 2 by Sepp
I play often with my friend games together and we talk in games with Skype oder icq over Headsets. In the RC1 work it good as under XP but in the RC2 work it not. The sound ist laggy ,rush and the qualiti ist very bad. One cannot converse When I the game switch off the sound comes back the qualiti ist good. Why not work it in RC 2 but WHy work it in RC 1 Please repair it.
October 15th 06 06:06 PM
by Spirefm Go to last post
1 380
How do I uninstall Nvidia drivers? by Macaw2000
I installed RC2 then went to Nvidias site and installed their RC1 drivers. Now I have issues and I see from this forum I should roll back to the RC2 drivers. I don't see Nvidia in the add/remove programs.
October 15th 06 06:41 PM
by walk2k Go to last post
3 372
OpenGL Games in Vista x64 RC2 on Nvidia platform. by Terje Alexander Barth
Hi, Anyone been able to play any OpenGL Games in Windows VISTA RC2 x64? How. -- --- ///Terje Alexander Barth \\\///
October 15th 06 06:56 PM
by ADAM Go to last post
8 360
Vista RC1 and game compatibility by ~working mom~
Sorry, I've put this in both the "Games" and "General" boxes, not sure where it should be for su I installed Vista RC1 on our old computer to try it out and set it up with two user accounts, both marked as "administrator". My hubby tried to install one of his games and Vista blocked the driver for it, so I went to the games site to see if there were any updates and there weren't. Then...
October 16th 06 07:31 AM
by Terje Alexander Barth Go to last post
3 487
Civ IV can't find disk by SGT Brian Ladley
After installing from the 2 CD's and installing the latest v1.61 patch, I get an error when I try to start the game from Disk 1 stating that it cannot find the CD to run the program. This is the same set of CD's that I use under Windows XP SP2 on the same dual-boot laptop. I even set the Compatibility mode to run as Windows XP SP2 and checked the option to run as an administrator. My user...
October 16th 06 04:06 PM
by Terje Alexander Barth Go to last post
2 441
Warcraft 3 Sound by squirLy
Has anyone tried Warcaft 3 updated to 1.20e on Windows Vista RC2 yet, if so does the sound work normally without having to use the banlist program?
October 16th 06 07:08 PM
by squirLy Go to last post
0 434
NVIDIA needs to update drivers for RC2 games by EdricFilho
My GeForce 7800 GT worked perfectly with IL2 Forgotten Battles using Forceware 96.33 under Vista RC1, but RC2 shows problems with that driver on games. Normal GUI graphics are OK, though. Edric
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 16th 06 07:16 PM
by Michael Gillen Go to last post
17 813
Problem with lineage 2 on Vista RC1 5600 by irado
Hi, I installed vista rc1 last friday and on saturday I installed Lineage2 it worked fine. But today I tried to load it for 4 hours and nothing. I have installed he Vista RC1 build 5600 Adobe CS2 Macromedia Studio 8 Firefox 2.0 beta AVG Free
October 17th 06 01:31 AM
by irado Go to last post
0 456
Civ IV on Vista??? by Kevin L. Kitchens
Anyone get Civ IV to run on Vista? I keep getting a DirectX 9 error of some kind.
October 17th 06 10:58 AM
by wardy_uk1 Go to last post
2 450
Far Cry v1.4 and Logitech MX700 by James
I'm running Vista RC2 along with a Logitech Cordless Desktop MX, which includes the MX700 cordless mouse, and have just installed Far Cry, along with the cumulative patch 1.4. The game ran perfectly under XP. On Vista, everything is fine until the first level loads, then the mouse stops working. I can still walk forward and backward and strafe from side to side with the keyboard, but the...
October 17th 06 11:52 AM
by Rob Go to last post
4 450
Blue screening. by ktknx
every time i go to load a game that i had run on widnows xp my computer blue screens. could this due to me being an idiot and listing to a friend and installing x800XT AIW drivers and my mobo drivers that were designed for xp?, any idea on how to fix this?
October 17th 06 02:02 PM
by ktknx Go to last post

From The