Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Call of Duty 4 | Call Of Duty 4 Game | Call of Duty 4 GamingExhibition by mamta
Call Of Duty 4 gaming tournament is being held on the 20th of September 2009 at The Den gaming lounge located in Sastri Nagar, Adyar Chennai.It is a great platform for all you Gamers to exhibit your gaming talents. More information about this event is in the link below for your reference. Cheers! http://www.findnearyou.com/events/call-of-duty-4_102?&utm_campaign=sita
September 17th 09 08:27 AM
by mamta Go to last post
0 469
winows vista and direct3D help by lrwr14
I have just upgrade to vista from xp, and now none of my games work, i used to have directx 9.c(i think) now i have 10, which i think is good. i had windows service pack 2 now i hve windows service pack 1 and i no longer have directx. when i try to play a game (from steam) it doesn't load were as it did before, and when i load world of goo it says i am missing direct3D, but i have no idea how to...
September 16th 09 07:40 PM
by lrwr14 Go to last post
0 336
Sid Meier's Pirates! by Stephen
Uhm...okay, it installed (seemingly) just fine. When I hit my desktop icon to play (with the correct disk in the drive) I get an "incorrect disk in drive" error message. I've been running this game on XP with no problems whatever, and just (today) got a machine with Vista on it. So, I have no idea where to look or what to do, or if anything at all can be done. HELP.
September 16th 09 06:19 AM
by EVIL! Go to last post
5 500
Punk Buster Problem! by Medmondsr
I bought Battlefield 2142 when i had windows xp and it worked perfectly. once i upgraded to Vista Battlefield is having problems with the PunkBuster software which protects the game from hackers. Now i cant play the game online at all because i will keep on getting kicked out of the server, and the only explaination they give is a window with PunkBuster on it. If someone could please explain...
September 15th 09 05:45 AM
by Gargoyle Sentry Brigade Go to last post
6 439
Back-Up Vista Games by ragtop12
I am looking to reformat my hard drive and want to save my game statistics (freecell, solitaire, mahjong, etc.) on my Vista 64 bit OS on my laptop. Is there a way I can back up these files, or whatever, so that I can have the stats put back on my laptop after I reformat it? I tried to find the answer online, but came up empty. Thanks! Obed --
September 14th 09 08:01 PM
by ragtop12 Go to last post
4 521
Back-Up Vista Games by ragtop12
I am looking to reformat my hard drive and want to save my game statistics (freecell, solitaire, mahjong, etc.) on my Vista 64 bit OS on my laptop. Is there a way I can back up these files, or whatever, so that I can have the stats put back on my laptop after I reformat it? I tried to find the answer online, but came up empty. Thanks! Obed --
September 14th 09 03:33 PM
by ragtop12 Go to last post
0 293
Where did my big fish games go by Skippyd
Hi, I downloaded two new games from big fish today, they downloaded fine, no problems, but, when I went on to the Play my games Icon - Only the two new games were there and all the games I have downloaded in the last two years had disappeared. Even the big Fish folder had gone from my start menu. Anyone got any ideas?? - This is so frustrating - I have emailed Big fish but it may be a while...
September 12th 09 11:24 AM
by Skippyd Go to last post
0 313
Socket Error Delta Force Pinger 6.0 by l3ushwacker
When running *Delta Force Pinger 6.0*, I am unable to update the game lobby ip's. Each time I try the update button I get "*socket error= 11004*". I *cannot update the main server list* because of the socket error. I have included Pinger as an exception for my fire wall. I run pinger with admin permissions. It connects to the idividual game servers just fine which leaves me stumped. I am running...
September 9th 09 07:27 PM
by l3ushwacker Go to last post
6 462
Appcrash when playing games by tantaluss
I am unable to play any games on my PC for more then a few minutes before my Vista PC exits to desctop citing an Appcrash error. I have heard this is because Vista's security closes programmes using memory. Could you please tell me how I can disable whatever programme it is that is closing my games and writing it up as Appcrash?
September 9th 09 01:07 PM
by David B.[_3_] Go to last post
2 362
Appcrash when playing games by tantaluss
I am unable to play any games on my PC for more then a few minutes before my Vista PC exits to desctop citing an Appcrash error. I have heard this is because Vista's security closes programmes using memory. Could you please tell me how I can disable whatever programme it is that is closing my games and writing it up as Appcrash?
September 9th 09 08:56 AM
by tantaluss Go to last post
0 381
Appcrash when playing games by tantaluss
I am unable to play any games on my PC for more then a few minutes before my Vista PC exits to desctop citing an Appcrash error. I have heard this is because Vista's security closes programmes using memory. Could you please tell me how I can disable whatever programme it is that is closing my games and writing it up as Appcrash?
September 9th 09 08:56 AM
by tantaluss Go to last post
0 251
Appcrash when playing games by tantaluss
I am unable to play any games on my PC for more then a few minutes before my Vista PC exits to desctop citing an Appcrash error. I have heard this is because Vista's security closes programmes using memory. Could you please tell me how I can disable whatever programme it is that is closing my games and writing it up as Appcrash?
September 9th 09 08:54 AM
by tantaluss Go to last post
0 300
Freecell's unbeatable game by Uriel235
Has anyone ever beaten game # 31465. I've never played a game I could not beat but this may not be solvable as the game can't even beat itself by using hints.
September 7th 09 03:50 AM
by MikeB5862 Go to last post
4 414
RS Premium Account daily update by povpov
Here alots of RS accounts dialy update guys.. and much more Code: -------------------- www.yaseenwarez.com -------------------- --
September 5th 09 12:19 AM
by povpov Go to last post
0 308
big fish games by yellowmini
hi just got vista and cant download games from big fish have tried various things can anybody help thanks -- yellowmini
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 2nd 09 01:29 AM
by Brenda61[_3_] Go to last post
19 970
Microsoft Flight Simulator X Narrator Mission Sound Problems by Andy1994
Hi everyone, Since I upgraded my computer to Windows Vista and installed Flight Simulator X, there has been no sound of the narrator at all in the missions. Also, there is sometimes no sound at different view angles of the aircraft. There was no problems like this when I had it on Windows XP. I would greatly appreciate it if someone out there could give me a solution to this as I have no...
August 29th 09 12:37 PM
by briande[_3_] Go to last post
4 448
Socket Error Delta Force Pinger 6.0 by l3ushwacker
When running *Delta Force Pinger 6.0*, I am unable to update the game lobby ip's. Each time I try the update button I get "*socket error= 11004*". I *cannot update the main server list* because of the socket error. I have included Pinger as an exception for my fire wall. I run pinger with admin permissions. It connects to the idividual game servers just fine which leaves me stumped. I am running...
August 29th 09 02:53 AM
by l3ushwacker Go to last post
0 299
Call Of Duty 4 by nobadmashee
I have AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.59GHz, 1 GB of Ram DDR2, 160GB hard drive and Radeon HD 3650 512MB DDR2 will i be able to run call of duty 4 on vista 32bit edition? can i run Assasin Creed -- nobadmashee Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 28th 09 06:16 AM
by waseem Go to last post
12 564
minesweeper bug? by David K[_2_]
Hi Does anyone know about a possible minesweeper bug? It seems to reject mines when I can see no other possibility. I can send a screensave if anyone is interested. David K melbourne.au
August 26th 09 05:44 PM
by Jim Z Go to last post
4 405
Doom 3 by Paul&Gina
Will doom 3 run in vista I have nvidia drivers although doom has not got the game for windows logo on it ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 26th 09 01:15 PM
by 13th_Panther[_4_] Go to last post

From The