Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : Windows Vista and Games Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Refresh Rate in Windows Vista doesnt hold in games? HL2 CS:S no wo by brinkk
CPU Specs: Core 2 Duo 2.4 ghz 2 Gig DDR2 RAM Geforce 8600 GTS with latest nvidia drivers Windows Vista Home Premium I can't override refresh rates in Vista for playing games (I.E. Counter-Strike, Rainbow Six, etc). They need to be ran at a 100hertz refresh rate inside the game, but vista is making them stick to 60hertz (unless the game is like battlefield 2 where you pick your refresh rate...
September 7th 07 07:02 AM
by Juarez Go to last post
4 251
HELP by Dudehowdidithappen
Does Any one know the Installation code to Command & Conquer Generals. I have seemed to lost the case and booklet as you can see and i really need help!!!! Jared Anderson
September 7th 07 12:04 AM
by Dudehowdidithappen Go to last post
0 486
This game is currently unavaible by Fireman
Hello everyone!!! Please excuse me if my English is not very good, but it is not my mother tongue. I thus hope to be understood. I play counter strike 1.6 When that I leave the play and that I test of me reconnecter later, I often have this message.
September 6th 07 04:50 PM
by brinkk Go to last post
1 250
Can anyone get Lego Star Wars to work with Vista? by Kevin
Hi, I have been trying for many months to get Lego Star Wars to work with Vista. My hopes were raised when I saw Microsoft had provided a Compatibility Update (KB935280) which included Lego Star Wars but even with this update, I cannot get the thing to work. Has anyone been successfull? thanks
September 5th 07 05:56 PM
by Neil Go to last post
3 300
New Nvidia Nforce drivers out by Mark Maylon
I got the new nividia nforce 15.08 drivers from Guru3d. 32 bit version link here http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1720 .64 bit link http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1721 .I ran some benchmarks and saw a decent increase on FPS . Hope you guys get the same results! -- Mark Maylon
September 4th 07 01:36 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 298
MacroMedia Projector & Vista by Joan
Hi has anyone found a way to get macromedia projector working with Vista? TY Joan EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com
September 4th 07 01:35 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 266
Chess Titans locking up computer by Lynne
When I first got my machine the chess game worked fine. Now when I try to play it just sits there and eventually locks up the machine. I have to do a hard reboot. I have two NVidia GeForce 7600 GS video cards. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall the game and it still tries to load the saved game I was playing the last time it worked. Any way to clear it completely out and then reinstall?
September 2nd 07 07:57 PM
by Lynne Go to last post
3 246
The Sims 2 by razor_303
I wanted to get the sims 2 deluxe edition, i wanted to know if it will work on my system, here's my systems information Intel Core 2 Duo T5300 @ 1.73 Ghz 2038 Mb of RAM Vista Home Premium 32-bit Mobil Intel 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family Intel GMA 950
September 2nd 07 06:20 PM
by razor_303 Go to last post
4 306
Freezes in games and generally all programs by Christine
I am soooo tired of trying to find the solution to the following problem: WoW - wouldn't install and froze when it neared dowload completion. Ran as admin which worked ok but then had to move the entire folder to the desktop so that i could do the same thing for all the patches. took maaaaaany days. Now it works great and smoothly for like 10 minutes before the whole thing freezes. Games...
September 1st 07 09:38 PM
by Christine Go to last post
2 264
The simple answer: will 32 bit games run on Vista 64 bit? by Guy
I never see just a simple question with a simple answer. Before Vista was released there was talk that 32 bit games would not run on the 64 bit version. Is this true or false? If true then do you require addons/patches for Vista 64bit? Yes/No Additionally, do you need patches to run 32 bit games on Vista 64bit? Yes/No
September 1st 07 04:56 PM
by Paul Smith Go to last post
9 314
r6-vegas by Percival[_2_]
hi ppls, just wondering, is anyone having problem running r6-vegas under vista? 'cos just installed mine and keeps on crashing back to desktop, can't even get it started. please advise, thanks! vista newbie
August 31st 07 01:18 PM
by Mark Maylon Go to last post
2 307
Silverfall and TAGES copy protection by Mark
I stumbled into some information and thought I would share it so if it comes up as a question later, the information will be available. In checking my event logs, the System log reports on every bootup: Code integrity determined that the image hash of a file is not valid. The file could be corrupt due to unauthorized modification or the invalid hash could indicate a potential disk device...
August 30th 07 03:43 PM
by Mark Go to last post
0 220
Flickering and Freezing during game by sunsilverdragon
When I play graphics-intensive games on my Vista (specifically, Warcraft III, Maplestory, and Dawn of War), my screen often begins to flicker. The flickering grows more and more frequent, until the computer blacks out and freezes for about a second. It's bearable, but it's never happened before on my XP, and it's quite irritating, because this hardware error happens very frequently (About 2...
August 30th 07 03:20 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
2 244
Flight Simulator X not working by munge
Just installed the retail version of FSX, patched with SP1, but when I attempt to play, the intro scene sounds fine, but the video cuts in an out every couple of seconds - a distorted picture for about half a second, then black and it cycles like that. Have unistalled and reinstalled with no change. DX10 is up to date. Drivers and everything are current. I ran the demo with no problems, my PC...
August 30th 07 05:12 AM
by Iron Feliks Go to last post
7 291
Help!! Medieval Total War 2 problem by kbq
Hi all I have windows vista and have been playing MTW2 for some months on it, but all of a sudden it froze. I had to do a hard shutdown and then I could not open it (got the following message: "A problem has caused the program to stop working correctly"). I uninstalled, reinstalled and still could not open it (same message). I downloaded the "final patch" and, though I now get the new...
August 29th 07 08:07 PM
by alltheway[_2_] Go to last post
3 267
MMMGAME MS gold/items shop! runescape regie! super cheap! by kiki
¡ï¡ï¡ïMMMGAME¡ï¡ï¡ïregie! super cheap! Hey,buddy,do you want to get the new and good weapon first?I think you need a lot of gold to buy,Farm yourself?don't be stupid,it is too slow.Worried about banned?Think about it,buddy,if game master ban every account that buy the gold,,who will play it anymore? But no worries,your old friend www.mmmgame.com become one of the best game-gold trade center...
August 29th 07 02:45 AM
by kiki Go to last post
0 221
Top 10 by Andy [YaYa]
Anyone feel like writing a "Top 10" list for this newsgroup? I was thinking of something like, "Top 10 Troubleshooting Suggestions for m.p.w.v.games." We get a decent number of posts, few trolls, might be nice to have a post that says, here's the top 10 issues, if they don't fix your problem, respond here and follow this format..." I already have #1 (Run as Admin) -A.
August 28th 07 05:13 PM
by Andy [YaYa] Go to last post
3 267
Legedn of Mir 2 by Gary Hinton
I have downloaded and installed Legend of Mir 2 on my vista basic machine but when I go to play it I get a message saying mir.exe has stopped working and it then closes, any ideas on how I can resolve it?
August 28th 07 03:21 PM
by Gary Hinton Go to last post
0 215
Fable - How to make it work? by James
I can't manage to make fable: the lost chapters work in vista, Ive tried compatibility mode, and downloaded the update which claimed it would make the game work, but nothing. I really want to play this game so any help would be appreciated
August 28th 07 01:40 PM
by Sinthe Go to last post
2 215
Need help!! by tazamouse
Bought game and when I went to install it a message pops up that says " error accessing the system registry" then says "unexpected error quitting". I have windows vista. How can I get around this and get the game to run.
August 28th 07 11:52 AM
by AndyChen Go to last post

From The