Error message whentrying to print in IE7

Old January 20th 08, 04:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Armin Heinlein

Default Error message whentrying to print in IE7

I am receiving an error message when I am trying to print in IE7.
The message states: Cannot find
'file://V:/User/Armin/AppData/Local/Temp/Low/D888RABN.htm'. Make sure the
path or Internet address is correct.

When I hit ok another home page is starting up.

The path exists but the file doesn't.
Old January 20th 08, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
vanderwest

I just encountered this same error this weekend. I have a laptop and desktop
but only happens on my desktop. Tracked it down on the laptop that the
cleanup utility deletes the folder as part of cleaning up the temp files but
then IE7 reallocates the folder when I try to print a webpage. On my desktop
IE7 does not reallocate the LOW folder but instead produces the error. I do
not know what the cause is behind this. I hope someone can tell us. The only
thing I can think of right now is something got hosed up during the Vista
install. Ready to reinstall to see if that fixes the problem.

Anyone with some ideas out there?

Old January 20th 08, 09:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
vanderwest

Searched and found many more posts like this. People seem to point to the
driver not being correct for Vista. Will need to try reinstalling my driver
to see what happens. Stills looks like something is not right between my 2
machines. The pri nter is a network printer so both machines are trying to
print to the same printer but only one is successful.

Old January 21st 08, 01:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Armin Heinlein

Are you talking about the printer driver? How can that be? Even the print
preview is causing the same problem! I do not think it matters what printer
is installed. It looks to me that IE7 is not finding what printers are
installed on the system. Something wrong with the spooler or so. All other
printing is working fine.

Old January 21st 08, 01:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Armin Heinlein

BTW: When I use print preview I get a script error.

Line: 2069
Char:1
Error: Object required
Code: 0

BTW: I use two clean up utilities. CCleaner and TuneUp 2008.

Old January 22nd 08, 11:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Armin Heinlein

Ok, I did some more digging. It is producing this error when the Protected
Mode in IE7 is turned ON. I turned Protected Mode OFF and it started printing
and I could preview the printing. However, another commend typed solves it as
well without turning OFF the protected mode.

Type in your command prompt:

icacls V:\Users\Armin\AppData\Local\Temp /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)L

you need to type of course your path that is reported in the error. After
that I am able to print with Protected Mode:On

Old January 22nd 08, 11:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Armin Heinlein

Ok, I did some more digging and found out that the problem is caused in IE7
when the Protected Mode is turned ON. When I turned it off the problem
disappeared. Now I can print and print preview without a problem.

However, Protected mode was OFF and I wanted it ON. In order to solve this
dilemma I turned the Protected Mode ON and type in the CMD mode.

icacla V:\User\Armin\AppData\Local\Temp /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)L

Of course you have to type your path mentioned in the error message. Is
still do not an error message and printing is working just fine with the
Protected Mode turned ON.

Old January 24th 08, 02:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
vanderwest

Did some more searching and testing. Did you by chance move the location of
your FAVORITES folder? I did and that is the cause of the problem when the
protected mode is on as I, too, want it. I moved the Favorites folder to my
data drive. IE7 in protected mode runs in a limited security mode. Apparently
Windows does not automatically set the sharing security properly when this
folder is moved. I had to go to my Favorites folder. Right click on
Properties then go to the Security tab. Make sure that your user ID has full
control marked. Mine did not when I checked. As soon as I set myself for Full
Control IE7 allocated the . . . TEMP\LOW folder that it needs to print. Why
IE needs the Favorites folder to print is beyond me but that is another
discussion.

Hope this takes care of your problem!!