Mouse hover is not where the mouse actually is

Old January 24th 08, 03:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
BT

Default Mouse hover is not where the mouse actually is

My mouse does not seem to be where it is actually visible. For instance when
I want to close a program window I have to move around the x to close the
program but am not acutally over the button. The accuracy of the pointer is
out by half an inch. When I go into the control panel and select the mouse
there is not option to calibrate the mouse. Any suggestion on how to get my
mouse pointer to be more accurate
Old January 24th 08, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Quaoar[_2_]

BT wrote:
My mouse does not seem to be where it is actually visible. For instance when
I want to close a program window I have to move around the x to close the
program but am not acutally over the button. The accuracy of the pointer is
out by half an inch. When I go into the control panel and select the mouse
there is not option to calibrate the mouse. Any suggestion on how to get my
mouse pointer to be more accurate

You might have the wrong screen resolution. Say you have a widescreen,
typically 1280 x 800, the current setting might be 1280 x 1024, or even
1024 x 768.

Old January 27th 08, 02:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gpquinn

Just fixed this after a Google search. Go to Control Panel Mouse
Pointers and set the scheme to (none). Apply. Fixed.

--
gpquinn

Old March 3rd 08, 03:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tkabes

I had the exact same problem. Thanks to this website "vistaheads", I
was able to fix it.

Control Panel, Mouse, Pointers, Schemes....set schemes to "None" and
mouse will be much more accurate.

--
tkabes

Old March 22nd 08, 03:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stuart Sabatini

I had this problem with a dell XPS 420 and ATI graphics card running vista.
There was a update to the ATI driver for the graphics card. This cured the
problem. Do you have a Windows update icon on your start menu. This is
where I found the update

Stuart Sabatini

"Pabitra malla shahi" wrote in
message ...

Old June 17th 09, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
regor8542

I too had a problem with my mouse not lining up quite where it was
supposed to be. what I did was to go to my ATI and saw my setting for
my screen was at 1440 x 900 i changed it to 1280 x 1024 and then back
to 1440 x 900 and badda bing it was fixed.

--
regor8542

Old October 4th 09, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
j0n

hi ppls was wonderin if u can help. i kno this is an old thread but im
having the same problems.
i made my own mouse cursor using an image, now the cursor is not
actually where the mouse is, is there a way to re calibrate it or
anything i can download to fix it?
if i change back to default its fine, when i change it to my own its
about half an inch off.
thanx

--
j0n

Old October 9th 09, 01:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JosephKK[_2_]

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 23:14:54 +0100, j0n
wrote:

hi ppls was wonderin if u can help. i kno this is an old thread but im
having the same problems.
i made my own mouse cursor using an image, now the cursor is not
actually where the mouse is, is there a way to re calibrate it or
anything i can download to fix it?
if i change back to default its fine, when i change it to my own its
about half an inch off.
thanx

Using whatever SW you used to create your cursor adjust the pointing
reference of the cursor to be in the appropriate place in the graphic
of the cursor.