Very chopping video and sound

Old January 31st 08, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sandman691

Default Very chopping video and sound

I am having some serious difficulties trying to get the Hauppauge
HVR-1600 to work properly with my system. The graphics and sound is
very choppy or gives acceptable performace. You never know what you'll
get. MCE will recognize the card but I get a blue screen after a few
moments that says video lost (never any video or sound). On WinTV2000 I
get either hit or miss, the chop or descent pisture and sound.
Occasionally with WinTV it will start out very choppy then quality will
increase to a normal picture. I have relocated the card to different
slots. I have reinstalled all the drivers but nothing changes. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Sandman691

"When the going gets tough, the tough go shooting!"

CPU AMD Athlon X2 6400+
MoBo MSI K9LN SLI Platinum
Video MSI RX2600Pro
TV Tuner Hauppauge HVR 1600
RAM 8gig DDR800
Old February 9th 08, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

A little more information would be helpful:
Are you running MCE2005 or Vista?
Are you trying to watch SD or HD programs?
What make/model graphics card do you have?

Old February 10th 08, 02:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sandman691[_2_]

I am using Vista x64 Ultimate. I have an MSI RX2600Pro graphics card
with 512 mb of onboard memory. I am trying to use Vista MCE.

--
Sandman691

"::When the going gets tough, the tough go shooting!\"::
::::
::CPU AMD Athlon X2 6400+::
::MoBo MSI K9LN SLI Platinum::
::Video MSI RX2600Pro::
::TV Tuner VisionTek TVWonder HD650PCI::
::RAM 8gig DDR800::

Old February 10th 08, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Again are you trying to watch SD or HD programs and if HD at what resolution
1080i or 720p.
Since the sound is also stuttering the problem apparently is that the Vista
decoder you are using (most likely the installed MS decoder) or your sound
card is having trouble keeping up with the inputs.