Old February 8th 07, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Byron Hinson

Default Ready Boost missing in action?

What USB stick brand is it?

--
Byron Hinson
ActiveWin Windows Site: http://www.activewin.com

"Programatix" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm installed Vista on my laptop (no driver for the smart battery, so
Vista does not recognize it as a mobile PC). Anyway, I found out that
after several times of hibernate and suspend, Ready Boost will suddenly
stop working.

When this happens, the Property box of the drive, the Ready Boost tab will
be missing. Attempting to stop the Ready Boost service will make Ready
Boost to be in "stopping" condition infinitely.

The only way to solve this is to restart Vista.

Any idea?