How to Print To File for modification

Old February 9th 08, 06:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
David B.[_5_]

Default How to Print To File for modification

I want to print a graphic image from Firefox to a file for
modification using Paint Shop Pro. Normally the grapic would be
printed directly to my HP Laserjet 5P. I can print to file, but don't
understand the format or how to access it. After modification, I want
to print it on the HP. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old February 9th 08, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dustin Harper

Can't you right click and save image as your graphic file?

--
Dustin Harper

http://www.VistaRIP.com | Vista Resource & Information Page

Old February 10th 08, 12:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
David B.[_5_]

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 11:47:03 -0800, "Dustin Harper"
wrote:

Can't you right click and save image as your graphic file?

The image file does not exist, its printed when you click "Print"
on the page that generates it. Its a shipping label. Thanks.
Old February 10th 08, 12:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dustin Harper

It is a PRN file, and looking around, it looks like it is the printer
commands for the printer itself. There is a view that should work: GSView
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/

Give that a try and see if it works. I'm not sure if you can open that and
save it as an image, though.

Old February 10th 08, 11:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Dieter Riekert

gsview will only work for postscript printers.

There is another simple solution to import printed pages in other
programs like Word to document printer output or to graphic programs:
Set the option not to delete the spooled files after printing for your
hp printer.
Download my SplViewer from
http://www.lvbprint.de/bin/current/SplViewSetup.exe
Sorry it's in german, but not difficult to use.
Using the second toolbar button or Ctrl+J you see a list of all print
jobs for all local printers. Those with "NT EMF *" in the last column
can be viewed with the SplViewer.
Use Copy and Paste to transfer the actual page to the clipboard in
EMF-Format, which is understood by most graphic programs including Paint
Shop Pro.

There might be more programs which are able to copy EMF output.
Take a closer look to http://www.undocprint.org

Dieter

Old February 12th 08, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
David B.[_5_]

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 13:35:22 +0100, Dieter Riekert
wrote:

gsview will only work for postscript printers.

There is another simple solution to import printed pages in other
programs like Word to document printer output or to graphic programs:
Set the option not to delete the spooled files after printing for your
hp printer.
Download my SplViewer from
http://www.lvbprint.de/bin/current/SplViewSetup.exe
Sorry it's in german, but not difficult to use.
Using the second toolbar button or Ctrl+J you see a list of all print
jobs for all local printers. Those with "NT EMF *" in the last column
can be viewed with the SplViewer.
Use Copy and Paste to transfer the actual page to the clipboard in
EMF-Format, which is understood by most graphic programs including Paint
Shop Pro.

Thanks, this works fine and I will use it!