Old February 10th 07, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
cyb3rb0y_gr

Default Vista Network Problem / Sharing / Computers not Showing on Network

Hi,

I've recently bought Windows Vista Ultimate but after installtion I've
some very very nasty network problems. Well my network configuarion is as
follows:

3 Pc's Running Win XP Pro SP2 ( one of them is laptop )
1 Pc Running Windows Server 03 R2 ( with all updates )
1 Pc Running Win Vista Ultimate 32bit ( will all updates and WHQL Drivers )
Cisco Router 876w (latest rev)

Now for the problem, when I installed Windows Vista I could not see any pc
except mine in the network map. After I browsed throught the newsgroups I
found the LLTD solutions which I tried to apply immidiatly with no luck... (
I installed LLTD update to the pc's that didn't have it already ). Well after
trying that I am posting here to seek help! Please note that I can't ping 1
computer in the same workgroup-network which I could prior to my upgrade to
Windows Vista. Still sometimes I can ping it and rarely I can see these 3
pc's in my network map but without beeing able to access any network
resources on them (such as shared files or printers). When I double click
them the Explorer gives me a 0x80070035 error. Anyway an exception is the
laptop whichrun the excact same network configuration that all the other
computers have, but the main difference is that while I am not able to see it
in my network map I can ping it and I can access it if I type \\laptop-name\

I've run out of ideas...

P.S. No firewalls are present while I am testing this... so it has nothing
to do with blocks stuff etc...

Please help!
--
asdf