Can't install RC1

Old September 28th 06, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Charlie

Default Can't install RC1

I downloaded the ISO file for Vista RC1, burned it to a DVD, and now when I
try and install the DVD, I get the following message:

"Your computer cannot run this version of the Operating System".

I am running Windows XP right now, and I never ran the beta 2 version of
Vista. Do I first need the Beta 2 version of Vista in order to upgrade to
RC1? If so, where do I get this?

Old September 28th 06, 05:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Jane C

Did you perhaps download the 64 bit version of Vista by mistake?

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation :-)

Old September 28th 06, 05:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Charlie

Yes, I did. Why won't it work? And if I have to go back and download the
32-bit version, does that affect performance or visual quality?

And can you tell me about some of the better benefits of Vista? I only have
seen screenshots. Thanks Jane.

Old September 28th 06, 07:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Roberto Baggio

Perhaps it will not work because your machine does not support 64 bit
processing.

Get the 32 bit version. The differences are ones that you will not notice.

Old September 29th 06, 01:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Jeffrey Randow

In order to use the 64-bit edition, your CPU must support 64-bit
instructions. However, it is possible to run the 32-bit version on
64-bit computers due to the emulation included in the lastest Intel
and AMD chips.

You won't notice that much of a performance difference and you will
have much better driver support on the x86 side.

--
Jeffrey Randow

Windows Networking MVP 2001-2006

http://www.networkblog.net