Wireless 6000 Desktop transceiver not operating properly/consisten

Old March 1st 08, 05:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cameron Church

Default Wireless 6000 Desktop transceiver not operating properly/consisten

Hi all

I orginally intended the text below to go to the MS Support team but funnily
enough they've had an Application Error all day when I try to submit the
request!

Anyway if anyone has any insight or help with it it would be greatly
appreciated as if I can't get it fixed then i've just bought some really
useless kit!

Thanks!

I've just purchased the Wireless 6000 v2 Desktop and have had intermittent
success with the unit.

The transceiver works only part of the time and I register both mouse and
keyboard via the channel select. After leaving for over 5 minutes the mouse
and keyboard no longer work until the transceiver is reset.

Also during the period while the machine is running the USB device
connected/disconnected sounds play randomly and the transceiver is switched
on and off during this time.

I've read through the Support Centre for my devices and followed this KB
article that was related to my symptoms:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321122/en-us

However this has now stopped my transceiver from working altogether - even
after restoring back to my Restore point.

All other USB devices work and currently ahve:
A Keyboard and Mircosoft eHome Infrared Transceiver installed. I've tried
working the Wireless Desktop Transciever in both situations where all devices
are connected and none of the other devices are connected. This has not
solved the issue.

It just seems the transciever USB device timesout after a period and then
reboots and loses the channel selected and needs to be reset.

I've installed the latest drivers and my computer is up to date with all
Vista patches and updates.

Old March 1st 08, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

Is your MS USB Bluetooth transceiver connected directly to a USB connection
on the back of your computer or does it use a front panel or USB hub
connection?

Old March 2nd 08, 03:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cameron Church[_2_]

Default Wireless 6000 Desktop transceiver not operating properly/consi

Currently it's connected to the back however have had it connected to both
front and back with no success.

Old March 2nd 08, 05:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious

I have only trouble with my 6000 mouse a couple of times since I got it for
Christmas, Each time I have had to press the little button on the USB
transceiver for about 5 seconds and then register the mouse using the
Bluetooth control panel and pushing the reset button on the mouse itself
for a couple of seconds.
I am running Vista Home Premium SP1 RC1 and that may be why my mouse is very
stable.

Old March 5th 08, 07:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Donald L McDaniel

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 08:30:00 -0800, Cameron Church
wrote:

Currently it's connected to the back however have had it connected to both
front and back with no success.

Here is what I do with mine when it loses connectivity:
1) FIRST, make sure you've inserted fresh batteries in the last couple
of weeks.
2) Press the "Connect" button on the transceiver.
3) Press the "Connect" button on the keyboard or mouse.

I don't know why, but for some reason, it is many times also necessary
to reconnect BOTH the mouse and keyboard to get the keyboard
reconnected. Always reconnect the mouse FIRST if this happens, then
the keyboard.

I'm also of the opinion that Microsoft's transceivers are crappy
anyway. So I prefer Logitech desktop sets. Microsoft used to make
great keyboards and mice. Logitech has passed them up
technologically.

Also, I have enough crap on my desk anyway, trying to work around the
Microsoft transceiver is contra-productive.

--
Donald L McDaniel

How can so many otherwise very intelligent people screw up
something so simple so badly? If you stick a computer
keyboard in front of most people, they'll suddenly drop
30 points off their IQs. Much like placing a "Pork Barrel"
bill in front of a politician: He'll forget all about
"cooperation" the minute he counts the zeroes before the
decimal point.