Vista Cannot Read 2GB SD CARD

Old March 2nd 08, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
colt22[_12_]

Default Vista Cannot Read 2GB SD CARD

Hey, I have a Texas Instruments Card Reader DRIVER:[ PCIxx12 Integrated
FlashMedia Controller Driver (64-BIT)], but I cannot access SD CARDS.

When I put my 2GB SD Card in it asks me to format, but when I try to
format it, It says It cannot format, thus making the card useless.

anyone else have this problem !

--
colt22

Old March 2nd 08, 01:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

Can the card be read in any other computer?

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

Old March 2nd 08, 11:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dwarf

Hi colt22,

A number of points. Check your SD card. Is the lock tab moved towards lock?
To unlock the card, this tab should be moved towards the rear of the card, ie
towards the contacts end. Another thing is that there are actually 2 formats
of SD card. The first is a standard card which can be readable in most card
readers but the second is a newer format, SDHC, and these can only be read in
compatible readers or adapters (many of these come with a USB adapter).
Dwarf

Old March 2nd 08, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
V Green

"Dwarf" wrote in message
Hi colt22,

A number of points. Check your SD card. Is the lock tab moved towards lock?
To unlock the card, this tab should be moved towards the rear of the card, ie
towards the contacts end. Another thing is that there are actually 2 formats
of SD card. The first is a standard card which can be readable in most card
readers but the second is a newer format, SDHC, and these can only be read in
compatible readers or adapters (many of these come with a USB adapter).
Dwarf

I don't think there are any 2G SDHC. SDHC starts at 4G and above.

Probably just have an incompatible (with that specific slot) card. Happens
to me all the time. Just either a. throw it away and never buy that particular
brand /type again or b. find out what it DOES work with, write that on it with
Sharpie, and restrict its use to just those devices.

Old April 1st 08, 12:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
QuickHit

..I believe this to be a problem with the Vista 32 and 64 bit versions SD
driver for your card reader and mine (Lexar Media multi-card reader). I just
type us a very informative reply with proof and all but this forumn didn't
save it so now I will keep it short. Works fine if you have a card reader
that uses Microsofts drivers (like in the HP pavillion). Quickest solution
buy an new card reader that uses Microsofts drivers for the SD card.

Old May 15th 08, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

I have exact same problem. My 2Gb SD card works perfectly on my one
labtop with Windows XP, and doesn't work on the other labtop with
Windows Vista (the drive doesn't even show up in [My] Computer in
Vista). Both labtops are made by Toshiba. My SD card contains pictures
in it.

Any help from any experts would be highly appreciated. I wonder if
Microsoft knows about this?
Old August 12th 08, 03:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
demonike84

reg fix worked like a charm thanks a lot

--
demonike84
Old August 24th 08, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Olderguy1

I have the same problem as everyone else. I made the change to the
registery value and the problem is now corrected. Thanks so much for
the help.

--
Olderguy1
Old October 26th 08, 09:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
carlaventurine

once i had this problem that when plcaing the card adapter on the
computer slot it asked to formated the card, then a friend told me to
just put a bit of selotape on the lateral of the adapter covering where
has has a bit or curve( space) not sure how to say it, but after doing
that it worked normal aagin, now im having a different proble that
applies to this bloody vista, it no longer read my sd carder neither
with the adapter placed on the slot or through the usb card reader, and
i need it so often
if any oen could help
thanks

--