Old February 12th 07, 02:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Adam Albright

Default Windows Vista Install - No Operating System

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:26:00 -0800, Carlos623
wrote:

Exactly how do I do that?

From BIOS. Reboot, soon as you see the inital screen do whatever you
need to enter BIOS. Typically pressing the delete key or another one.
It depends on your computer. Check your manual or MB manual if you
build your own.

"Adam Albright" wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:51:00 -0800, Carlos623
wrote:

Ok, after upgrading to Windows Vista from Windows Media Center Edition, it
worked fine. But after rebooting, it says that theres no Operating System
found on my computer. Whats wrong here?

If you have SATA hard drives enabled as RAID or as ACHI and you get
the no OS found message from BIOS try switching to IDE mode. That
issue constantly popped up on me in spite of my MB claiming it is
Vista ready and me installing brand new just released Vista "ready"
hard drive controller drivers. So for now I guess I'm stuck running in
IDE mode, which in all fairness isn't that big a deal.