This snipping tool

Old March 17th 08, 08:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Davey Jones

Default This snipping tool

Ive done everything you guys suggested,now im beginning to think there is no
snipping tool for vista basic that i have in the toshiba.
Is that right ?
Old March 17th 08, 08:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob

On Mar 17, 5:12*pm, Davey Jones
wrote:
Ive done everything you guys suggested,now im beginning to think there is no
snipping tool for vista basic that i have in the toshiba.
Is that right ?

Vista Basic does not include a snipping tool. There are several free
ones available. Google it.

Old March 17th 08, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dave

I have the Snipping tool, but I use Gadwin Printscreen (freeware)
http://www.gadwin.com/download/

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Old March 17th 08, 10:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

You have the snipping tool in Vista Home Basic? It is available in the
other editions, but not Basic.

Old March 17th 08, 10:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob

I use this one on my XP machine. I know there are some that use it with
Vista.
http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html

Old March 17th 08, 10:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob

Hi Dave,
Do you find Gadwin PrintScreen has some advantages over the Vista snipping
tool?

Old March 18th 08, 12:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dave

I used to use Printkey 2000, and Gadwin works pretty much like it.
I like hitting the PrtScrn key to activate it. And it will copy to
clipboard, send to printer, save to a file and send by email. Or all four
at the same time.
It doesn't do the free-form capture, or annotation, tho.

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

. ..