ATI HD2400PCI WONT BOOT

Old March 21st 08, 09:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SERIK

Default ATI HD2400PCI WONT BOOT

WHEN THE CARD IS INSTALLED WONT BOOT
SO CANT INSTALL DRIVERS
OPERATING SYSTEM
VISTA 32 BIT ANY BODY ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM
Old March 21st 08, 11:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JP Levasseur

HI Serik ,did you forget to plug the power on the video card.If not remove
your card and reinstall it.Or if before you had on board video and you had
you video card you have to check your bios setting for your new card. Bye JP

Old March 22nd 08, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Can you perform a safemode F8 boot? If yes then you can install the drivers
from there since they are not used in safe mode. If not then you have a
hardware configuration or power problem.

Old March 22nd 08, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

Please release your caps lock key. It is poor netiquette to type in all
caps. We know your inquiry is important to you or would not be posting.

Old March 23rd 08, 08:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gary Mount

I had the same problem though with a HD2600 AGP version. I ended up swapping
my power supply with my brothers computer so that I could connect the 6 pin
power connector that my old power supply does not have. After using the
supplied 24 pin to 20 pin converter it all worked.
Unfortunately my brothers computer no longer worked as the power supply I
swapped did not have a PCI express 24 pin connector required to power his
mother board. He does not require any external power on his video card.
No problem though, the next day I bought a 700 watt power supply, the same
one that he had in the first place.