Old February 14th 07, 06:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Chad Harris

Default Clean Vista Install - IE 7 DOA - Please Help

Spencer--

I should have edited that last post a bit. What I'm saying to do is run SFC
the way I showed you, and if it doesn't fix IE, then run Startup Repair (you
don't have to have a startup problem to use it to fix problems like yours,
but you do have to have a Vista DVD.

CH

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 14, 1:39 pm, "Frankster" wrote:
Sorry, didn't notice your "it doesn't work at all" statement. Don't know
if
you can do this or not.

-Frank

"Frankster" wrote in message

IE | Tools | Internet Options | Advanced | [Reset IE]. Close, reopen.

-Frank

I can't, it won't open, and there isn't a regular icon for IE 7 on the
desktop (I believe) like with XP, where you could right-click and hit
properties, etc.